Thread: boise fairgrounds carry

boise fairgrounds carry

we can carry being owned by the state right? I asked last year and they told me they were looking for bootleggers, controlled substances and illegal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by jugglzo View Post
    we can carry being owned by the state right? I asked last year and they told me they were looking for bootleggers, controlled substances and illegal carry.

Read post #7.

http://forum.opencarry.com/forums/sh...ern+idaho+fair
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

They still may hassle, unfortunately

Last year I had a utility knife- not a firearm, a freaking 3.5 inch utility knife in a scabbard on my belt - and 20 feet past the gate a "security" guy asked me to go take it back to my car. I declined, reminding him of a right to carry and no legal prohibition. He acknowledged I had the right to keep it, but said "I'm just ASKING you to take it off because we are trying to keep the fair FAMILY FRIENDLY."

HUH?!?

I again declined and walked on, but it showed me we still have much education to do.

Carry on, and please report your experiences, positive or negative.

Hmmm.... I think they can actually prohibit the carry of "sharp things" as only firearms have State Preemption.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Sharp Things

Spot-on, as usual, @carracer

Sharp things and all the other "deadly or other dangerous weapons" are not included in statewide pre-emption, which, short-sightedly, were left out.
    Do we need additional legislation (*sigh* more laws) to further clarify that the RKBA applies to ALL arms, not just bangenshutzens? It would appear so....sad that we have to reign in local government in Idaho.
    Last edited by DCR; 08-05-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: comma