Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man held at gunpoint for legal OC

Man held at gunpoint for legal OC

I'm assuming this is Bill Polster being held at gunpoint (rifle) by Calumet County deputies. The Calumet County sheriff has stated that he doesn't like the state preemption laws and he will enforce illegal county laws. There is a battle for the GoPro, which I have been told is backed up and in several undisclosed locations. I am currently pressing the State AGs office to make a statement condemning the act.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140728_0001.png 
Views:	354 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	11836  

Banned
    This sheriff & his deputies should be arrested for disorderly conduct. Not everyone is willing just to hand over their gun and their actions are creating serious risks to all involved.

If there is documented proof of the sheriff's words, a recording perhaps, then the sheriff should be charged, along with his deputies, for various crimes regarding the administration of justice. The deputies could also be charged with conspiracy to commit.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Malfesance in office

946.12 Misconduct in public office. Any public officer or public employee who does any of the following is guilty of a Class I felony:
    https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...utes/946/II/12
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Also

175.60(17)(ar) Any law enforcement officer who uses excessive force based solely on an individual’s status as a licensee may be fined not more than $500 or sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not more than 30 days or both. The
    application of the criminal penalty under this paragraph does not preclude the application of any other civil or criminal remedy.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    946.12 Misconduct in public office. Any public officer or public employee who does any of the following is guilty of a Class I felony: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...utes/946/II/12
    946.12  Misconduct in public office. Any public officer or public employee who does any of the following is guilty of a Class I felony:
    (1) Intentionally fails or refuses to perform a known mandatory, nondiscretionary, ministerial duty of the officer's or employee's office or employment within the time or in the manner required by law; or

(2) In the officer's or employee's capacity as such officer or employee, does an act which the officer or employee knows is in excess of the officer's or employee's lawful authority or which the officer or employee knows the officer or employee is forbidden by law to do in the officer's or employee's official capacity; or

(3) Whether by act of commission or omission, in the officer's or employee's capacity as such officer or employee exercises a discretionary power in a manner inconsistent with the duties of the officer's or employee's office or employment or the rights of others and with intent to obtain a dishonest advantage for the officer or employee or another; or

(4) In the officer's or employee's capacity as such officer or employee, makes an entry in an account or record book or return, certificate, report or statement which in a material respect the officer or employee intentionally falsifies; or

(5) Under color of the officer's or employee's office or employment, intentionally solicits or accepts for the performance of any service or duty anything of value which the officer or employee knows is greater or less than is fixed by law.

and there are considerable case law annotations.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Now we seem to be getting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    [ ... ] I am currently pressing the State AGs office to make a statement condemning the act.
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Now we seem to be getting somewhere.
    LOL He's got a mouse in his pocket.

CHAPTER 165 DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
    § 165.015  Duties. The attorney general shall:
    (1) Give opinion to officers. Give his or her opinion in writing, when required, without fee, upon all questions of law submitted to him or her by the legislature, either house thereof or the senate or assembly committee on organization, or by the head of any department of state government.
    (2) Protect trust funds. ...
    (3) Certify bonds. ...
    (4) Keep statement of fees. ...
    (5) Report to legislature. ...
    (6) Perform other duties. Perform all other duties imposed upon the attorney general by law.
    https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...atutes/165/015
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Weird ass babble. You're the only one who knows what you mean by that.

No response from them. Protect their own at all costs...

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

I suspect he is referring to the "we" in your previous post. His reference to the duties of the AG in 165.015 indicates to me that in Nightmare's opinion the AG has no duty to intervene in this situation. It is simply beyond the scope of his office. More to the point, it might be that the AG's office would more likely be required to defend these public officials. I am not an expert on Wisconsin law, but that is how I interpreted his "weird ass babble".
    Some of us choose not to waste the time of others, while Doug prefers to act like a little girl and spew idiocy. I know what he was referring to and called him on it. Some of us actually care about the constitution and are doing what we can to make sure we ALL are protected by it and not just the select few that a crooked sheriff deems worthy.

For your info, I was referring to the insane notion that this thread actually made progress and new info was gained that might help our friends. Other OCers are our friends, right?

I actually agree with one of the police points. People who open carrying long guns in town, when not related to hunting in some way, are just attention seekers.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    I actually agree with one of the police points. People who open carrying long guns in town, when not related to hunting in some way, are just attention seekers.
    Perhaps they are trying to make a point/educate.

Are people that drive C4s, just attention seekers? A plain jane grocery getter provides transportation while blending into the crowd, the extra expense is unnecessary, and power of a C4 goes unusued.

Truth be known, I would love to have a new, well optioned ZO6
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Um, he was carrying one Glock PISTOL, and one AK PISTOL.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Perhaps they are trying to make a point/educate.

Are people that drive C4s, just attention seekers? A plain jane grocery getter provides transportation while blending into the crowd, the extra expense is unnecessary, and power of a C4 goes unusued.

Truth be known, I would love to have a new, well optioned ZO6
    Hey, don't knock grocery getters! You should buy a well optioned Z06... then post some pics! My poor C4... a drag car... since moving from AZ, I don't think there's a strip within 250 miles.

Ok, to be fair, let me expound on my first post as it was all encompassing and thus unfair to some. I have seen several videos where it was clear that the guy carrying the long gun was just an attention ***** looking for a L/E confrontation.

To those who are out there to educate: bravo and thank you!
    Last edited by 1FASTC4; 07-31-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Um, he was carrying one Glock PISTOL, and one AK PISTOL.
    Um, I didn't comment on the guns he was carrying.. didn't say he was carrying a long gun. I was commenting one one of the statements the cop made upon looking into it further.
    Last edited by 1FASTC4; 07-31-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    bravo! same with those jerks OC handguns. Just trying to get attention! Why can't they just cover it? Why do they have to get in people's face about it.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    bravo! same with those jerks OC handguns. Just trying to get attention! Why can't they just cover it? Why do they have to get in people's face about it.
    Here, let me get you caught up

from an earlier post:

"Ok, to be fair, let me expound on my first post as it was all encompassing and thus unfair to some. I have seen several videos where it was clear that the guy carrying the long gun was just an attention ***** looking for a L/E confrontation.

To those who are out there to educate: bravo and thank you!"

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Here, let me get you caught up

from an earlier post:

"Ok, to be fair, let me expound on my first post as it was all encompassing and thus unfair to some. I have seen several videos where it was clear that the guy carrying the long gun was just an attention ***** looking for a L/E confrontation.

To those who are out there to educate: bravo and thank you!"
    Fair enough. I posted on the first quote of yours before reading this one. I'm sure you are right and there are people out there that OC long guns just to get attention.
    I don't OC long guns off my property. For a variety of reasons I don't think it's a good idea. However I support everyone's rights. And get a little tired of people attacking the way other people carry.

Antis attack the CCers.
    CCers attack OCers.
    Handgun OC attack long gun OCers.
    RPG carriers attack long gun carriers.
    lol anyway lets stick together and support each other.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    When one is a libertarian, calm and tranquility flows fourth, as one does not need to question motives or other trivial matters. To carry is to live and to live is to carry. Whatever is being carried is germane.

Besides education I would also say people that are under 21 should be able to protect themselves. Scenario: An 18 year old private in the army who has a rifle his grandfather gave him would like to go out with his new girl. He can't legally buy a pistol due to his age or can't afford to buy one and doesn't want to go out without protection knowing 911 has a 10-15 minute response time. If he slings his rifle on his back and goes for a walk with his girl is he still seeking attention or just taking hisand her security seriously?

I got to know is it your option that only people that can afford a pistol or are over 21 have the right to defend themselves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzPC0mCPAY

I believe this video applies to this subject

Well, there ya go. We followed the law as written so neener neener neener....so says the sheriff. Oh, the rifle pointing thing? Well, what do you expect us to do, you have a gun and a evil gun.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    If he slings his rifle on his back and goes for a walk with his girl is he still seeking attention or just taking his and her security seriously?

I got to know is it your option that only people that can afford a pistol or are over 21 have the right to defend themselves?
    You have already answered your own question.. he's not trolling for video...he's choosing to be able to protect himself/loved ones from bad guys.

Isn't it ridiculous that an 18 year old can join the armed services, carry a weapon in the defense of our country, possibly be maimed or killed in the process, but he/she cannot carry a weapon on home soil as a matter of self protection? This hypocrisy always leaves me shaking my head.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Fair enough. I posted on the first quote of yours before reading this one. I'm sure you are right and there are people out there that OC long guns just to get attention.
    I don't OC long guns off my property. For a variety of reasons I don't think it's a good idea. However I support everyone's rights. And get a little tired of people attacking the way other people carry.

Antis attack the CCers.
    CCers attack OCers.
    Handgun OC attack long gun OCers.
    RPG carriers attack long gun carriers.
    lol anyway lets stick together and support each other.
    I agree with your point about supporting other OC'ers. What concerns me is that people trolling for a confrontation with the police just for the sake of garnering attention or maybe a lawsuit are serving their own self interests and not that of the OC community. Like the guy carrying a long gun and a pistol as he shops at Walmart: does he really need to shoulder an AR15 or AK variant as well as a side arm? Maybe his motives really are pure and he is trying to bring attention to the danger of losing our 2nd amendments rights. I think there are better ways of going about it. Just as likely, he is looking for a confrontation to video tape. Either way, I'm not convinced this is the best way to further our cause of the defense of the RTKBA. But hey, this is just my opinion. I'm just a guy with some thoughts, no expert. I could be entirely wrong.

But then again, it is his right. So who are you to question his motives? The great thing about rights is that you don't need a reason to exercise them. Got a reason? Great! Don't? Who cares? It's your right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast