• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man held at gunpoint for legal OC

wimwag

I'm assuming this is Bill Polster being held at gunpoint (rifle) by Calumet County deputies. The Calumet County sheriff has stated that he doesn't like the state preemption laws and he will enforce illegal county laws. There is a battle for the GoPro, which I have been told is backed up and in several undisclosed locations. I am currently pressing the State AGs office to make a statement condemning the act.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140728_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140728_0001.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 364

davidmcbeth

Banned
This sheriff & his deputies should be arrested for disorderly conduct. Not everyone is willing just to hand over their gun and their actions are creating serious risks to all involved.

OC for ME

If there is documented proof of the sheriff's words, a recording perhaps, then the sheriff should be charged, along with his deputies, for various crimes regarding the administration of justice. The deputies could also be charged with conspiracy to commit.

protias

Also

175.60(17)(ar) Any law enforcement officer who uses excessive force based solely on an individual’s status as a licensee may be fined not more than $500 or sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not more than 30 days or both. The
application of the criminal penalty under this paragraph does not preclude the application of any other civil or criminal remedy.

wimwag

Weird ass babble. You're the only one who knows what you mean by that.

No response from them. Protect their own at all costs...

wimwag

I suspect he is referring to the "we" in your previous post. His reference to the duties of the AG in 165.015 indicates to me that in Nightmare's opinion the AG has no duty to intervene in this situation. It is simply beyond the scope of his office. More to the point, it might be that the AG's office would more likely be required to defend these public officials. I am not an expert on Wisconsin law, but that is how I interpreted his "weird ass babble".

Some of us choose not to waste the time of others, while Doug prefers to act like a little girl and spew idiocy. I know what he was referring to and called him on it. Some of us actually care about the constitution and are doing what we can to make sure we ALL are protected by it and not just the select few that a crooked sheriff deems worthy.

For your info, I was referring to the insane notion that this thread actually made progress and new info was gained that might help our friends. Other OCers are our friends, right?

1FASTC4

I actually agree with one of the police points. People who open carrying long guns in town, when not related to hunting in some way, are just attention seekers.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I actually agree with one of the police points. People who open carrying long guns in town, when not related to hunting in some way, are just attention seekers.
Perhaps they are trying to make a point/educate.

Are people that drive C4s, just attention seekers? A plain jane grocery getter provides transportation while blending into the crowd, the extra expense is unnecessary, and power of a C4 goes unusued.

Truth be known, I would love to have a new, well optioned ZO6 :)

1FASTC4

Perhaps they are trying to make a point/educate.

Are people that drive C4s, just attention seekers? A plain jane grocery getter provides transportation while blending into the crowd, the extra expense is unnecessary, and power of a C4 goes unusued.

Truth be known, I would love to have a new, well optioned ZO6 :)

Hey, don't knock grocery getters! :) You should buy a well optioned Z06... then post some pics! My poor C4... a drag car... since moving from AZ, I don't think there's a strip within 250 miles.

Ok, to be fair, let me expound on my first post as it was all encompassing and thus unfair to some. I have seen several videos where it was clear that the guy carrying the long gun was just an attention ***** looking for a L/E confrontation.

To those who are out there to educate: bravo and thank you!

Last edited:

1FASTC4

Um, he was carrying one Glock PISTOL, and one AK PISTOL.

Um, I didn't comment on the guns he was carrying.. didn't say he was carrying a long gun. I was commenting one one of the statements the cop made upon looking into it further.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

bravo! same with those jerks OC handguns. Just trying to get attention! Why can't they just cover it? Why do they have to get in people's face about it.

1FASTC4

bravo! same with those jerks OC handguns. Just trying to get attention! Why can't they just cover it? Why do they have to get in people's face about it.

Here, let me get you caught up

from an earlier post:

"Ok, to be fair, let me expound on my first post as it was all encompassing and thus unfair to some. I have seen several videos where it was clear that the guy carrying the long gun was just an attention ***** looking for a L/E confrontation.

To those who are out there to educate: bravo and thank you!"

twoskinsonemanns

Here, let me get you caught up

from an earlier post:

"Ok, to be fair, let me expound on my first post as it was all encompassing and thus unfair to some. I have seen several videos where it was clear that the guy carrying the long gun was just an attention ***** looking for a L/E confrontation.

To those who are out there to educate: bravo and thank you!"

Fair enough. I posted on the first quote of yours before reading this one. I'm sure you are right and there are people out there that OC long guns just to get attention.
I don't OC long guns off my property. For a variety of reasons I don't think it's a good idea. However I support everyone's rights. And get a little tired of people attacking the way other people carry.

Antis attack the CCers.
CCers attack OCers.
Handgun OC attack long gun OCers.
RPG carriers attack long gun carriers. :monkey
lol anyway lets stick together and support each other.

davidmcbeth

Banned
When one is a libertarian, calm and tranquility flows fourth, as one does not need to question motives or other trivial matters. To carry is to live and to live is to carry. Whatever is being carried is germane.

DocWalker

Besides education I would also say people that are under 21 should be able to protect themselves. Scenario: An 18 year old private in the army who has a rifle his grandfather gave him would like to go out with his new girl. He can't legally buy a pistol due to his age or can't afford to buy one and doesn't want to go out without protection knowing 911 has a 10-15 minute response time. If he slings his rifle on his back and goes for a walk with his girl is he still seeking attention or just taking hisand her security seriously?

I got to know is it your option that only people that can afford a pistol or are over 21 have the right to defend themselves?

OC for ME

Well, there ya go. We followed the law as written so neener neener neener....so says the sheriff. Oh, the rifle pointing thing? Well, what do you expect us to do, you have a gun and a evil gun.