Thread: Anyone up for a Open Carry picnic in DC on August 2nd?

Anyone up for a Open Carry picnic in DC on August 2nd?

I'm just trying to gauge the interest of a picnic somewhere in DC?

Vincent Gray, Cathy Lanier, and the DC City Hall are currently scrambling to come up with new laws and talking points related to gun control; so, I propose a date of Saturday August 2nd.

Anyone interested?

Campaign Veteran
    It's good to see the "District of Columbia Events" sub-forum suddenly come to life!

Best wishes to all of you from The Great (& Free) State of Colorado!

Well,,,

If,,, I lived within 100 miles of DC,,, I would have gone to DC to OC, Sunday, if not then, Monday!
    If I hadnt done it I would not be able to live with myself!
    I wonder why soooo many folks are talking about planning to OC in DC, sometime in the future?

Cause,,, folks, the time is likely now passed..
    It is unlikely to be legal again for 6 months to a year,, and then only with a CPL/CHL, whatchamacallit!

One of the petitioners and the two Alans,, outright suggested to the court to Stay the ruling for 90 days!

and sooooo the district has filed a motion to request a stay for 180 days,, or at least 120 days,,
    and they are likely to get it, no problem...
    Then a continuance of another 30 days for good measure.

In the mean time carry in DC will be Illegal again just as before!!
    The winners of this case surely have, "Snatched Defeat from the Jaws of Victory"!

In the end, 150 days plus processing time from now,
    OC might only be allowed with a permit, or illegal all together.
    AND anybody suspected of carrying, will be in the position of having to Prove their Legal status!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Centurion

I think this is important, but making it from Arizona is quite a stretch

It appears the D.C. police are being told not to hassle people without an RAS.

I would be great to make a moral point with a well dressed open carry picnic.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/07...-carriers.html

Washington Times reports that a 90-day stay was just granted. IANAL, but seems an Aug 2 picnic is a no go: http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...y-dc-gun-case/

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by homestar View Post
    Washington Times reports that a 90-day stay was just granted. IANAL, but seems an Aug 2 picnic is a no go: http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...y-dc-gun-case/
    That ruling being unconstitutional has no force of law at all and in fact isn't law. Any ruling that violated the Constitution is not law and should not be treated as such. accepting and bowing to it gives it legitimacy it shouldn't have.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    That ruling being unconstitutional has no force of law at all and in fact isn't law. Any ruling that violated the Constitution is not law and should not be treated as such. accepting and bowing to it gives it legitimacy it shouldn't have.
    Ok so go to DC and open carry.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Ok so go to DC and open carry.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    I would if I had the money. Sadly though i'm broke enough putting food on the table takes priority. I just find it Ironic it's not automatically understood the Constitution is the highest law and no city, county, state, judge or anyone can lawfully do anything to circumvent that. There are multiple precedents and statements by the founding fathers to eliminate any and all ambiguity in the matter not to mention the Constitution itself declares itself to be the highest law in the lland

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

There are plenty of people who were/are absolutely RIGHT, and are rotting in jail for it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    There are plenty of people who were/are absolutely RIGHT, and are rotting in jail for it.
    Thats because not enough people bother to stand up for their rights. You have a few here and there and of course they will be picked off one by one. If every true american simply refused to follow anything unconstitutional government would soon learn to stop trying as they would know they'd be wasting time and effort on something no one will pay attention to.

Centurion

Judge Scullin Grants 90 day Stay

Judge Scullin has granted a 90 day stay on enforcement of the Injunction.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/07...tay-to-dc.html

And OC will never be legal there again. It will be like Florida at best
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    And OC will never be legal there again. It will be like Florida at best
    Like Florida would be a fracking miracle!

Until SCOTUS addresses "may issue" in our favor, the best we can expect out of D.C. would be like Hawaii I think.

A Dream of a Million Man March

I have a dream, where a citizen's conduct is judged by the law, and not the prejudices of public servants. The maneuvers of DC government officials to avoid compliance with a court order remind me of the tactics of the ax-handle toting Lester Maddox in defiance of the Civil Rights Act. I lived through that time in the deep South, and today's arguments against firearms rights are formed with the same irrational fears as the segregationists then.

A Million Man Open Carry march at the Lincoln Memorial would be fitting, as this is where another Civil Rights movement was energized. Constitutional Carry should be thought of as a Civil Right, not subject to "permits", any more than voting, owning property, or free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by efriday View Post

A Million Man Open Carry march at the Lincoln Memorial would be fitting, as this is where another Civil Rights movement was energized. Constitutional Carry should be thought of as a Civil Right, not subject to "permits", any more than voting, owning property, or free speech.
    :O You expect people to stand up for their rights instead of listening to propaganda and behaving like good little sheep?! oh no. Methinks you ask too much of these simple folk.