Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Firearm signs. Complained and was told this.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar

No Firearm signs. Complained and was told this.

A bit of background. I've been out of the country for years. I return and I set about reacquainting myself and discover that because I have no credit or debit history that they can find (there is but 10+ years ago) Banks are denying me a bank account.

So I decide to go into any old bank regardless of whether they allow carry or not. Of course I have to complain to the member of staff about the dangerous and unsafe establishment they have and asked them why they denied the citizens right to protect themselves and I got asked "well do you want an account or not?" To me this simply evades the question, is bad service and I would be tempted to walk right back out is disgust but i'm not sure I have a choice. I've already had two banks decline me as they couldnt find information they had no business searching for in the first place and I certainly didn't give my consent for it and the rest seem to be very rude and evasive. My question is how would I best deal with such a question? Of course I want an account or I wouldnt be there but i'm certainly going to voice my unhappiness.

As a side point yes I do mention signs but I ask them if they think it's ok to have a sign up with the force of law meaning an innocent person who simply wants to protect themselves gets stung by a $1000 fine for wanting to be safe. Then I ask how that qualifies as good service or gives people a reason to use their services.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Well, to get you started, Walmart has reasonable bank/debit system that supports direct deposit. My woman is in the delinquent system of banks, blah blah, and it's her go to option.
    I do not recommend any bank, but will say wells Fargo and chase both don't mind OC. I opened an account when I was 18 with no credit.. Not sure the problem.
    Best of luck.

Firstly: Get a bank account. Use a small local bank. Bring in cash, some small-ish amount , <$1000, then ask, if they balk "You want my business or not?" Small banks need you money and a G is not too much but enough to get their attention regarding your intentions.

Secondly: OC while doing so and inform them that your dedication to a financial relationship is predicated on their ability to tend to their own business...the banking business.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    I think that they were being very direct and honest: your words have no effect on us .. you want an acct or not?

They do not have to answer your questions.

You should not continually demand an answer to an unanswered query.

Want answers? Sue them and serve them with interrogatories.

Believe it or not, I have filed lawsuits just for this expressed purpose...to get answers to questions they do not want to answer...when I have a viable cause of action associated with the defendant.

You appear not to have that much issue with the signage.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-30-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    One must have good credit to get a bank account? Never heard of such.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Since the OP is dealing with the question of signs, which is a state specific issue, have moved this to the Wisconsin sub-forum.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I got my 1st bank account nearly 50 years ago. I had no credit, good or bad. I didn't know what credit was, cause I was 7. Maybe I got in on the "Mom was with me" loop hole.

You betcha a bank can refuse to do business with you. It is a service, not a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    You betcha a bank can refuse to do business with you. It is a service, not a right.
    That hardly answered the query, Doug.

Well it did, or is it being asserted that at some FICO score a bank MUST extend an account?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I went thru a half dozen banks before I found one to suit my needs. I did not ask for much, debit card, direct deposit, no checks, no hassel about weapons. First time the bank breaks one of my "rules", the acct is closed and I get a new bank. I do not transfer, I draw the entire amount in cash and leave. My current bank is very friendly, welcomes my pistol, and gives me a steady supply of two dollar bills that I use for tip money.

Bottom line is money.........I give mine to those who appreciate me. Not the other way around. Free market always wins. It,s YOUR money.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 07-30-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: spelig
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I have no idea who has you convinced that my name is Doug. It is not.

I have no idea who has you convinced that my name is Doug. It is not.
    I think he meant "Francis".

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    LOL Said Sergeant Hulka to Pvt. Francis "Psycho" Soyer in Stripes

Two words:

Credit Union

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    LOL wellll you can call me Ray or you can call me Jay or you can call me johnny but ya doesnt have to call me Doug

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    LOL wellll you can call me Ray or you can call me Jay or you can call me johnny but ya doesnt have to call me Doug
    How about Sock? Or do you prefer Puppet? (that might be closer to the truth...)

Sadly, most members in the Wisconsin forum would recognize your stench anywhere, Doug. I L'dMAO when I read that even Grape has sniffed you out!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

In a way it did. It shows the attitude nowadays. And nowadays banks want to know all sorts whether it's their business to know or not. "let us invade your privacy or you get no account.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Credit Union
    Nope. I tried Altra which is within Festival and 1) the declined me and 2) they deny carry. I was also told Festival is no carry though I saw no signs to say so

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    How about Sock? Or do you prefer Puppet? (that might be closer to the truth...) Sadly, most members in the Wisconsin forum would recognize your stench anywhere, Doug. I L'dMAO when I read that even Grape has sniffed you out!
    I'm sure that Grape has access to the IP's - 50.123.249.228 and we have a congenial relationship.

Since the OP is dealing with the question of signs, which is a state specific issue, have moved this to the Wisconsin sub-forum.
    still not sure about that. I know people tend to say avoid mentioning signs but when they are mentioned in the context of penallising people who simply want to protect themselves maybe it will do some good? The whole bank thing was just background and kinda OT for this forum, really. The issue there is the system is not conducive to keeping ones privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    How about Sock? Or do you prefer Puppet? (that might be closer to the truth...)

Sadly, most members in the Wisconsin forum would recognize your stench anywhere, Doug. I L'dMAO when I read that even Grape has sniffed you out!
    My word, what a stinky and offensive post. You can call me Franky but you doesnt has to call me sock or puppet or Doug
    Last edited by Franky; 07-30-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: or

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm sure that Grape has access to the IP's - 50.123.249.228 and we have a congenial relationship.

Why oh why won't ye respond !!!

I feel left out.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Why oh why won't ye respond !!! I feel left out.
    Because that is not a server address, it is a client device. ETA and which I just DHCP renewed.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-30-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Because that is not a server address, it is a client device.
    Don't quote riddles ! I know not what you mean,.....

I'll try again later...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Don't quote riddles ! I know not what you mean,.....I'll try again later...
    My refrigerator is a little bit less likely to respond. My computer does not have/include/run a web server but only a user agent/client browser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast