• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amendment 5

Hostile314

Can someone explain to me what exactly this is saying? To me, it seems like if it passes then Missouri will have constitutional carry which is good because we as citizens shouldn't need to pay to protect ourselves and on rare occasions others. Is that what the bill is stating?

kcgunfan

Can someone explain to me what exactly this is saying? To me, it seems like if it passes then Missouri will have constitutional carry which is good because we as citizens shouldn't need to pay to protect ourselves and on rare occasions others. Is that what the bill is stating?

I think assuming that would be unwise. But it is a move in the right direction. The money phrase in the amendment is strict scrutiny. If you learn what that means, you'll understand what is going on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Redbaron007

Only The Constitution Party represents America's conservative Country Class against the progressive Ruling Party of republicans, democrats and libertarian know-nothings, progressives all.

So what are you trying to say the Constitutional Party is? :question:

OC for ME

So what are you trying to say the Constitutional Party is? :question:
Gotta remember that Nightmare has a penchant for slinging esoteric data indiscriminately. Unfortunately many non-combatants are harmed by esoteric data that has been slung indiscriminately.

The mission of the Constitution Party is to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity through the election, at all levels of government, of Constitution Party candidates who will uphold the principles of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States, and the Bill of Rights. It is our goal to limit the federal government to its delegated, enumerated, Constitutional functions.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/the-party/mission-statement/
So, what happens when you have like minded politicians at all levels of government? This ain't my first rodeo on this subject. :uhoh:

Redbaron007

Hey Folks.......election day tomorrow.....remember to vote for Amendment 5.

Gracias!

mechanicworkman

I am out of the country and having trouble accessing the sos.mo.gov website. is there any updates on the unofficial results of this? When someone finds some can they please make a quick post and let me know?

Lord Sega

Amendment - 5 - Establish Right to Bear Arms - Ballot Issue
2528 of 3898 Precincts Reporting - 65%

Name Votes Vote %
Yes 446,313 64%
No 250,447 36%

Renegadez

so if the constitutional amendment number 5 passes how long until it will be come in effectand will this mean open carry with the state preemption

Last edited:

kcgunfan

so if the constitutional amendment number 5 senses how long until it will be come in effectand will this mean open carry with the state preemption

Immediately, and probably after a few court cases. We just need a volunteer with more money than sense.

kcgunfan

Not at all. I'm saying that is likely what it means, but it is going to go through the courts for sure. You better have a barrel stuffed with fifty dollar bills for your legal bills.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk