• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amendment 5

Renegadez

so even voting this amendment to the constitution can still be challenged in court s*** is there any way to ever win in this thing and get our rights restored or what

kcgunfan

I am out of the country and having trouble accessing the sos.mo.gov website. is there any updates on the unofficial results of this? When someone finds some can they please make a quick post and let me know?

Looks like it can't lose now, just a few precincts outstanding, and the ones that are outstanding are very likely to vote for the amendment anyway. I think we can call this one in the bag.

alanspfdmo

95% Reporting, it's going to pass by almost 2 -1 margin.

Constitutional Amendment 5 (Right to Bear Arms)
95% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING

Yes 490,565 66%

No 249,755 34%

I think the people of Missouri have spoken loud and clear! Would an override of SB 656 in Sept. be necessary now?

JoeSparky

Centurion
Don't do anything different until and unless the election results are certified! Law doesn't change no matter what the ballot says until the results have been certified!

dkangel

Constitutional Amendment 5 (Right to Bear Arms)
95% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING

Yes 490,565 66%

No 249,755 34%

I think the people of Missouri have spoken loud and clear! Would an override of SB 656 in Sept. be necessary now?

Not sure how it would affect local municipalities. I know how it SHOULD affect it but in my opinion they should override anyway just as a precaution. Although if CCW isn't required anymore? Heck I don't know how this will all fall out.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Question: In MO does a constitutional ammendment need to pass by a simple majority or a super majority when voted on by the electorate? Is the super majority required 60% or 66%?

Last edited:

larueman

WOW!

I hope everyone is not going the same route as Arkansas. Making up stuff like their lame as journey. All prosecutors have to do is prove you were not on a journey in that state and your a murderer if you use your firearm in self defense while open carrying.

Don't make something of nothing. Amendment 5 is absolutely great but it will not allow open carry!!!!

Great win for the people of the country but it will not allow open carry!!!! Our lame little power hungry town councils and mayors will still regulate it.

Redbaron007

Immediately, and probably after a few court cases. We just need a volunteer with more money than sense.
That's the truth.

Constitutional Amendment 5 3898 of 3898 Precincts Reported
YES 602,076 60.970%
NO 385,422 39.030%
Total Votes: 987,498
:cool:

Don't you know, Governor Nixon came out in favor of Amendment 5.
Are you being humorous or did he actual come out in favor after vetoing SB656?

As to the question does SB656 need to be overriden? Yes. With the passage of this amendment, there will be some areas of the state that will interpret things very slanted....hence a wheelbarrow full of $$ will help correct those areas. Once it becomes certified, the attorneys and municipalities will have to try to interpret it....which not everyone will see it the same way.

I would rather have SB656 passed and not need it, then it not passed and it be needed.

kcgunfan

I am not being humorous. He came out in favor of amendment 5, although I would not call it a ringing endorsement. It was more of a "Well I don't think it's necessary, but I don't think I'm against it" kind of a deal. I posted it somewhere on here a few weeks ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Redbaron007

I must have missed it. I didn't recall.......

However, the more I ponder it, the more I do him saying something to that effect. IIRC, he made those comments just before vetoing SB656.

When you made those comments....I was thinking/recalling and actual endorsement...but you are right, it wasn't a ringing endorsement, but he wasn't against it.

Redbaron007

Well, congratulations!

So, what is being said about the effect of the law's passage?

Depends on who you talk with.

The liberals: there will be blood in the streets, excessive litigation, felons can now own assault weapons, etc.

Common Sense folks: solidifies the strict interpretation, makes gun rights unalienable, includes the ancillary items (ammo etc).

Here's the actual amendment. http://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/2014ballot/SJR36.pdf