• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well; looks like I started a little fruckus

Rusty Young Man

To become competent with a fire arm takes hours and hours of regular training and a natural ability?
I'm pretty curious how they formed that opinion?

For some reason, I read that editorial post in the tone of the Yeager meister.:lol:
Well done F350!:) You rabble-rousing bully you.:rolleyes::lol:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think you mean either ruckus or fracas, but either way, NICE WORK!

...I took him to mean perzactly what he said...
Think the OP used or coined the word "fruckus" by design.

The original translations of SNAFU, FUBAR, and TUBAR contain the key element to understanding the word. While F-bombs are out of place here - the OP skirts that issue with some grace.

Arin Morris

Card Sharp is actually correct

Seems it's a matter of preference, but I didn't know that. So I learned something. Thanks.

Card shark vs. card sharp

Card sharp is preferred in British English, while card shark is more common in American, Canadian, and Australian English. They share their main definitions—namely, (1) a professional card player, (2) a person who is skilled in card games, and (3) a person who is skilled in cheating at card games. The British card sharp more often implies cheating. Card shark, especially in American English,is often simply a term for someone who spends a lot of time playing cards.

Both terms are sometimes hyphenated, and they’re sometimes condensed into a single compound word—cardsharp or cardshark. But the two-word, unhyphenated forms are more common in edited publications.
source

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
No kidding, my grandmother was an old school English teacher,didn't even allow contractions in her house... She would blow a gasket at the utterance of "aint"

I see what you did there (see bolded). . . .

I can only imagine how she'd react to the contraction of a contraction: "di'int"!!! As in, "Oh no you di'int!"

FTG-05

Good job, keep it up!

I've got a F-350 as well, SRW, diesel, EGR delete, studded, I'm good to go!

KBCraig

To become competent with a fire arm takes hours and hours of regular training and a natural ability?
I'm pretty curious how they formed that opinion?

He said why: because he's a CCer who is competent, and you're not.

The only thing he left out was a threat to draw and keep the OCer covered while ushering his family out the door.

Gil223

Aint aint a word, so I aint gonna use it!
The word "ain't" was included the in THIRD edition of the Merriam-Webster dictionary, which was published in 1961. It was given legitimacy by lexicographers as "common usage", and the use of "ain't" still carries the stigma of "poor grammar", and as being indicative of a lack of education. Pax...

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
No kidding, my grandmother was an old school English teacher, didn't even allow contractions in her house... She would blow a gasket at the utterance of "aint"
So if grandma didn't allow contractions in her house, did she allow contractions in the hospital? :banana: