Thread: Will Nm ever have Constitutional Carry?

, ,

Will Nm ever have Constitutional Carry?

Just curious if ya'll think we'll ever have Constitutional carry? It is one of the things I really miss about living in Alaska. Given some of the proposed legislation in the past year or so, I seriously doubt it, in fact, I will be surprised if we have the freedoms we have now in five years.

Alaska can keep their "must inform" requirements - I like our law better.
    Land of the Free

, ,
    Desert Dweller:

Actually, The State of New Mexico Currently Enjoys Constitutional Carry of an Unloaded Firearm.

New Mexico only Prohibits going Armed with a Firearm that is BOTH: 1. Concealed, AND 2. Loaded.

Open Carry is Legal, regardless as to whether a Firearm is Loaded or not.

Concealed Carry without a Permit is also Legal so as long as The Firearm is Unloaded.

Therefore, anyone at least 19 Years Old can Carry a Handgun, Openly or Concealed, whether on Foot or in a Motor Vehicle, so as long as The Handgun is Unloaded.

As a Reference, Please Refer to NMSA 30-7-2(B), here:

However, there is NO Unloaded Open Carry Allowed on The Premises of any: 1. School, 2. University, or 3. Licensed Premises which may Serve or Sell Liquor.

Furthermore, it is Unlawful in New Mexico to Carry a Firearm Aboard a Bus with a Seating Capacity in Excess of 15 Persons.

earth's crust
    I think you have it now ... you are just being deprived of it..

Lynchburg, Virginia, USA

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think you have it now ... you are just being deprived of it..
    +1 true
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (