• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wells Fargo oc

J-SiN

Anyone ever had an issue?
I've carried twice , get some weird looks
But just wondered if anyone has had trouble
Or called the corporate office etc?

bc.cruiser

This specific subject has been visited several times. Wells Fargo allows both OC and CC here in NC. I carry in 3 different branches here in Fayetteville. At the one I visit most I have had numerous encounters, none negative. I caught one lady staring at my 1911; I grinned and said "Pretty, isn't it?" She relaxed, especially since the Customer Service rep talking to her started joking with me about the comments I get.

I only know of one instance where someone was asked to leave. That was in this same WF branch, and I had a discussion with the manager and with the corporate security manager about it; it was justified. I have also seen others OCing there and no one has ever created a stir over it.

The official stance of WF corporation is to follow the rules of the state. This, is spite of anything ill-informed reps will tell you on the phone. (I would provide the e-mail, Grapeshot, as my 'cite' but I trashed it last year. Sorry.)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When Wells Fargo bought Wachovia (very anti) the reversed the latter policy and took down the signs. They follow local laws.

I OC in Wells Fargo regularly.

pastor steve

OC/CC in Wells Fargo

My local branch manager informed me that she would rather customers CC so as not to alarm other customers, but was OK with OC as long as you are not fidgiting or fooling with your firearm. She further said she feels safer as a WF employee and branch manager when she knows there are " armed Good Guys" in her branch.

j.clay507

This specific subject has been visited several times. Wells Fargo allows both OC and CC here in NC. I carry in 3 different branches here in Fayetteville. At the one I visit most I have had numerous encounters, none negative. I caught one lady staring at my 1911; I grinned and said "Pretty, isn't it?" She relaxed, especially since the Customer Service rep talking to her started joking with me about the comments I get.

I only know of one instance where someone was asked to leave. That was in this same WF branch, and I had a discussion with the manager and with the corporate security manager about it; it was justified. I have also seen others OCing there and no one has ever created a stir over it.

The official stance of WF corporation is to follow the rules of the state. This, is spite of anything ill-informed reps will tell you on the phone. (I would provide the e-mail, Grapeshot, as my 'cite' but I trashed it last year. Sorry.)

I live in Greensboro and was wondering if anyone has had trouble OC in Wells Fargo in Greensboro?

bc.cruiser

I live in Greensboro and was wondering if anyone has had trouble OC in Wells Fargo in Greensboro?

We haven't gotten negative reports. Just strap your gun on, and go there. Act normal (of course I have no idea how that applies to you:lol:) and there will likely not be an issue.

tiggy1190

I worked in a Wells Fargo several weeks back. The manager spotted my empty holster, and inquired about it. I explained that I remove it before entering a customers job. She stated that they were not a posted bank. I told her that I knew that, but always disarm prior to meeting the customer. She requested that I re-holster my weapon as she was all for it. I obliged, and finished my service call armed. That was my first time being armed in a bank. Felt strange, and great at the same time.