• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blaine City Hall

deanf

The AG does have the power as top cop to prosecute prosecutors and to do so when their decisions are not compatible with state law.

Yes of course. And it works both ways. Local prosecutors have the authority to prosecute the AG if he violates state law.

I disagree with the term "top cop." It implies some authority that isn't there.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I will never understand why reasonable, knowledgeable, intelligent people continue conversations with those that refuse to be or can't be convinced by reason and facts. All that is accomplished by this is giving them a platform on which to speak their nonsense and making you a part of that nonsense. A person is not required to attend every argument that he is invited to. Just ignore these people and they will disappear. Their departure will lower your blood pressure, allow you to get a good night's sleep and be a benefit to OCDO by raising the level of the discussion here. I have found that the judicious use of the "ignore" button makes life more enjoyable.

:confused::confused::confused:

deanf

I have found that the judicious use of the "ignore" button makes life more enjoyable.

Ah yes. Wouldn't want to consider the opinions of others. Maybe pit them against your own, to see if your own stand up. What good would that do? It might upset your enjoyable life.

sudden valley gunner

Yes of course. And it works both ways. Local prosecutors have the authority to prosecute the AG if he violates state law.

I disagree with the term "top cop." It implies some authority that isn't there.

I see your point on that "top cop" thing.

Yet the way it is he is the highest ranking prosecutor in the state.

In a recent conversation with Dave McEachron who is not following state law and giving out bad advise at the county courthouse and to the county employees, when I asked who is above his head to remedy the situation he smugly said the AG is the only one. I replied he knows he doesn't take cases from non government in this matter he smugly replied "yep".

sudden valley gunner

Ah yes. Wouldn't want to consider the opinions of others. Maybe pit them against your own, to see if your own stand up. What good would that do? It might upset your enjoyable life.[/FONT][/COLOR]

+1 I found trying to argue my point and loosing is the best way to change the way I see things or my misconceptions.

Last edited: