• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Negative experience with Subway in Snohomish city.

Seriona

The Subway on D ave FYI, not the one near home depot.

I walk in with a friend while the two employees were smoking and they came in because we were in. The male came behind me and begin to slap my pistol, I almost drew it on him when I turned. He went behind the counter while my friend told me that wasn't smart to do. We thought he was joking at first but he said that firearms were not allowed in Subway which I believe to be a lie because I have gone into this store many times OC and every time no one said anything plus their was no signs, nothing that told me I couldn't do it. I asked if that was Subway policy and he gave me a shady response of yes. He then said that he will serve us but we have to leave which tells me that is a conflict of interest because business that are anti-OC will use private property rights and do no service. We left and I sent Subway a message asking to clarify.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"egan to slap" your pistol? As in touching it more than once?

If I have not drawn on someone going for my handgun/put a slice* across the tendons on the top of their hand I am certainly going to involve law enforcement with a criminal complaint. May not be a 911 call right then and there, but a magistrate will be visited before the sun comes up again.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

stay safe.

* - at least one knife on my off side, usually two. I'm highly partial to the K-Bar TDI or the Hide-a-Knife.

TheGunMan

WOW. The last time someone came up and touched my Glock, they ended up on their ass. I basically did a backhand. Weighing 340 my backhand has a bit of torque.
The guy will never do it again I am sure. Subway in Wenatchee is OC friendly.

Seriona

The thing that bugs me the most is that I have been in there many times OCing and it was this specific employee that got stupid.

FattyKrack

That is beyond stupid. I would have at least come around with an offhand hook to the face. Sandwich be damned... However that scenario could be seen by onlookers as something entirely different..
Is this the end of it?

Also, I OC downtown Seattle subways all the time. Workers there have thanked me for making them feel safe!

Last edited:

Seriona

The employee got lucky because I thought it was my buddy messing with me and I was looking at the board trying to decide what I wanted.

tombrewster421

The employee got lucky because I thought it was my buddy messing with me and I was looking at the board trying to decide what I wanted.

And that is why we need to teach our buddies not to mess with the gun. My brother has done the same thing but he won't anymore.

Maverick9

If this is a true account you need to file a criminal complaint immediately. I presume your buddy saw the employee touch your handgun?

Go back to the store, find out the guy's name and go down to the station and file a complaint. You're wasting your time posting about it here. You may be saving a life (maybe even his) by nipping that in the bud.

decklin

At a minimum you need to contact the company. I would also file a criminal complaint as others have recommended. That is unacceptable.
As far as subway goes I have stopped going there because of lousy service, poor food quality, cleanliness, employees doing nasty things right in front of me like sneezing into a gloved hand then continuing to handle food. These are just off the top of my head.

Rusty Young Man

WOW. The last time someone came up and touched my Glock, they ended up on their ass. I basically did a backhand. Weighing 340 my backhand has a bit of torque.
The guy will never do it again I am sure. Subway in Wenatchee is OC friendly.

That is beyond stupid. I would have at least come around with an offhand hook to the face. Sandwich be damned... However that scenario could be seen by onlookers as something entirely different..
Is this the end of it?

Also, I OC downtown Seattle subways all the time. Workers there have thanked me for making them feel safe!

Agree.
Forgive my crass wording, but if some guy came up and started to slap/touch your junk, what would your reaction be? Male or female carrier, I doubt unwanted touching of that kind by complete strangers is welcome.

If anyone is going for my sidearm, I will assume ill intent towards me; the first thing to do is to retain the pistol, followed by incapacitating or distancing yourself from the threat.

The thing that bugs me the most is that I have been in there many times OCing and it was this specific employee that got stupid.

And the employee may earn himself a Darwin award if he repeats his idiocy with a more instinctive OCer.
Think of it this way: a punch from you today is better than a cut tendon or worse from someone else tomorrow.:)

wimwag

If he touched it more than once he probably could have taken it. You need to work on your situational awareness.

FattyKrack

My awareness of fine, what he didn't see and what I didn't say was what was in my left hand.
I hope I don't get OCDO and Seriona negative points for asking... was it your man parts?
Honestly sounds like a young ass stoner trying to be funny while being sure of himself. I know cause I've been there. Throw the book. And that's not the biblical one.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Truth!

That is beyond stupid.

Truth...Again!

the first thing to do is to retain the pistol, followed by incapacitating or distancing yourself from the threat.

And the employee may earn himself a Darwin award if he repeats his idiocy with a more instinctive OCer.

This is a very, very dangerous thing to do. I was trained to react to this situation with massive amounts of "whoop @ss" directed to the throat, chest and genitals. I do not think I would have been as polite as you were. I would go to the Pee Dee and file an attempted theft of a firearm. I have a lot of free time, YMMV, I would push this. It may save this kids life.

Last edited:

Primus

I hope I don't get OCHO and Seriona negative points for asking... was it your man parts?
Honestly sounds like a young ass stoner trying to be funny while being sure of himself. I know cause I've been there. Throw the book. And that's not the biblical one.

Lol awesome...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Seriona

Yes, it was my wiener in my left hand with a blunt in my mouth and my pants sagging to my knees and I said to the Subway guy how gantsa I am.

FMJ 911

If someone slapped my Pistol, I woulda slapped their Peepee, but then they might like it, so I'd punch their gut or stomp on their foot.

Sounds like it's a perfect time for a meeting in Snohomish! After Lunch we call can cruise on down to McDaniel's and look at the guns and ammo!