• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY mans death ruled a homicide.. "NEED A LINK'

countryclubjoe

Hi Folks

I heard on a talk radio show, that the death of the man that die two weeks ago in NY was ruled a homicide..

Any more info available on this issue?

TIA

CCJ

Baked on Grease

Orta, whose recording of an officer restraining Garner with a chokehold fueled outcry against the police, is charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon. [ ... ] Police said plainclothes officers from a Staten Island narcotics unit saw Orta stuff a silver-colored, .25-caliber handgun into a 17-year-old female companion’s waistband after they emerged from a brief stop at the Hotel Richmond.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/3/man-who-shot-nyc-choke-video-held-on-gun-charge/
So during that entire struggle, with all those cops standing around watching a guy get choked to death, not one thought it prudent to yell GUN when they saw it's bright silver petina flash as it was passed over? Not one thought the presence of a gun in the crowd, especially one in the process of changing hands, was important enough to deal with right then?

Just sounds odd to me is all...

decklin

So during that entire struggle, with all those cops standing around watching a guy get choked to death, not one thought it prudent to yell GUN when they saw it's bright silver petina flash as it was passed over? Not one thought the presence of a gun in the crowd, especially one in the process of changing hands, was important enough to deal with right then?

Just sounds odd to me is all...

These were two separate events. Definitely seems to be a fortunate coincidence (for the NYPD) that the guy who filmed them suddenly ends up on weapons charges. Also fortunate for them it was unloaded.
I'm not much for conspiracies but it's just interesting all these fortunate coincidences the NYPD is having with one specific case.