Thread: Video: Charges Against Doctor with AR in Airport were False

Centurion

Video: Charges Against Doctor with AR in Airport were False

I found copies of the video, and a statement by an unnamed witness that there never was a "muzzle sweep". it appears that the police interviewed the two women five seconds after the Doctor unslung the rifle. I never saw the muzzle move more than 20 degrees off of vertical.

The videos, which include prominent TV anchor Mark Curtis saying that it would be reasonable for any Arizonan to "blow away" anyone who came into a Starbucks with a rifle over his shoulder, are at the article.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/08...t-phoenix.html

Mark Curtis

I can now say I dislike Mark Curtis, the guy is an idiot thinking that just because someone walks around with a gun they deserve to get "blown away".

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    I found copies of the video, and a statement by an unnamed witness that there never was a "muzzle sweep". it appears that the police interviewed the two women five seconds after the Doctor unslung the rifle. I never saw the muzzle move more than 20 degrees off of vertical.

The videos, which include prominent TV anchor Mark Curtis saying that it would be reasonable for any Arizonan to "blow away" anyone who came into a Starbucks with a rifle over his shoulder, are at the article.

Dr. Steinmetz was involved in strong, political speech with his protest, protected by both the first and second amendments. The fact that he was arrested, charged, was suspended from his job, his name smeared across the nation and internationally, with what appear to be false accusations, seems calculated to engender a chilling effect on the exercise of first and second amendment rights.

Can you say "Ka-ching"?

My crystal ball sees a substantial windfall in the doctor's future.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-05-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Against who?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Can you say "Ka-ching"?

My crystal ball sees a substantial windfall in the doctor's future.
    This might sound like a stupid question to ask but who necessarily would the lawsuit be against?

Quote Originally Posted by Javelina View Post
    This might sound like a stupid question to ask but who necessarily would the lawsuit be against?
    Starbucks, the airprot, the cops, and anyone else involed. Bring everyone of these liers to the party.

Typically, anyone/company involved would be a named defendant including the lady who reported him. She could be on the hook personally but starbucks and the airport authority have the deep pockets.

I couldn't see Starbucks since it seems like they have nothing really to do with it (i.e. calling the police or claiming to be a "victim") however I could possibly see something with the police or Sky Harbor, only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelina View Post
    I couldn't see Starbucks since it seems like they have nothing really to do with it (i.e. calling the police or claiming to be a "victim") however I could possibly see something with the police or Sky Harbor, only time will tell.
    And the two females, if they are the ones on the left side of the video. This is about teaching so-called "public servants" to obey the law and respect the Rights of the individual (as well as not throwing their weight around to enforce their opinions), teaching people that not to bear false witness (especially when it causes an innocent the deprivation of his Freedom), not about the money.
    The money just seems to be the only effective way to have people remember for the next time.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke