• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went for a little OC walk today

wimwag

I decided to take a little walk today and educate the good folks of Clear Lake about open carry. So I slung my shotgun, holstered my pistol and went out the back door. While I'm locking up the house, my pet chicken Dez Bryant starts whining at me to let him out of his cage. So I took him with me and we went around the block. Kids came from everywhere and asked me how I got the chicken to go for a walk. Nobody cared about the guns anymore in a town where I've been the gossip subject for the last 3 weeks.

I had one contact with law enforcement when I was turning down the alley to get back to my house. He asked if there was some way I could leash the chicken but he didn't look in the least bit serious about the question.

wimwag

No joke. He's a leghorn. He got named Dez Bryant because of the way he attacks footballs. And for being a whiny *****.

Grapes unleashed the beast lol

P.S. Tapatalk 2 for Windows phone isn't working

Last edited:

wimwag

Bill made me seriously consider picking up an AK pistol. So I tested one and its just too bulky for EDC.