• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Night Out

wrearick

Well, I actually have Tuesday Evening off from my night job so wife and I talked about going to the local national night out. In my neighborhood in Virginia Beach, Green Run, the event is being held at the local high school!:shocker::eek:

(post by:) Sharon • an hour ago- Green Run/Chimney Hill NNO Event will be held at Green Run High School from 6:00-8:30 PM. Hope to see you there!!

whether intentional or not, this effectively prohibits us from attending and open carrying if I understand the statue correctly (no provision for school actually bein in session or not).

Guess I could go empty holster and wearing my Gun Saves Lives button and have some stickers and cards handy........
:(

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Wrearick -

As you say, the only thing stopping you from wearing an empty holster and passing out GSL stickers is that you may not have stickers.

Go for it. Wear a voice recorder.

stay safe.

The Wolfhound

Tactical Banana

When unable, due to stupid laws and magical lines, to legally carry, I have gone Tactical Banana: my largest most prominent holster available filled with the largest brightest banana I can find. It does start start conversations.

:banana::banana::banana:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I first read that as "Tactical Bandana". They, too, fit into an otherwise empty holster.

stay safe.

The Truth

:lol:
When unable, due to stupid laws and magical lines, to legally carry, I have gone Tactical Banana: my largest most prominent holster available filled with the largest brightest banana I can find. It does start start conversations.

:banana::banana::banana:

The Truth

Isn't it totally counter-productive and a bit asinine to effectively "outlaw" firearms at a "Night Out Against Crime" meeting?

:banghead:Does not compute...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Isn't it totally counter-productive and a bit asinine to effectively "outlaw" firearms at a "Night Out Against Crime" meeting?

:banghead:Does not compute...

And just why would you expect to find logic in operation amongst a group that operates on "feels"?

From what you have shared elsewhere, you are young. Relax. Save the headbanging for the really big (read: really, really stupid) stuff. You will save thousands of dollars on aspirin and duct tape.

stay safe.

wrearick

Wrearick -

As you say, the only thing stopping you from wearing an empty holster and passing out GSL stickers is that you may not have stickers.

Go for it. Wear a voice recorder.

stay safe.

I have some left in my jacket pocket from the gun show we worked and wife and I both have pins we can wear. I also have some VCDL handouts I got from Justine at our last local OC meal.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I have some left in my jacket pocket from the gun show we worked and wife and I both have pins we can wear. I also have some VCDL handouts I got from Justine at our last local OC meal.

Too late for tonight, but you can contact Bruce Jackson (VCDL's version of quatermaster) at jackson@vcdl.org and ask him to send you a roll of stickers, or see if your gun show coordinator will part with more than a handful.

There are some folks (no, I will not drop names) who do not go anywhere without at least a half a roll of stickers, a handfull of "carry cards" and another handfull of VCDL application forms.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
TARGET HAS reversed their position.

Target says NO TABLE, NO STICKERS, and NO OC.

We are still going to go, and we will wear stickers and just explain what has transpired to anyone who asks about them.

IF YOU CARRY IT **MUST** BE CONCEALED!.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So who enforces the 'no OC?' The police? Target employees?
You can be asked to leave by a representative of the company. If you don't comply, trespass charges can be initiated by LEO.

Understand that Target claims the parking lot is owned by them. Don't think that is the entire parking lot for the shopping center though.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

We are still going to go, and we will wear stickers and just explain what has transpired to anyone who asks about them.

Hopefully there is some documentation such as emails Grape. Target is on the verge of being on the don't patronize list but right now I don't know if it's that Target or Corporate.

Last edited:

OC Freedom

When I run into these situations like malls that do not allow firearms I will conceal my pistol, but I will wear 4 to 6 ammo mags to make a point. The mags are the speed type so half the magazine is exposed so as any anti-gun power tripping employee knows what it is. I will leave the mags empty, nothing illegal or against store policies by lugging plastic empty glock mags around on my person. I have had a Safeway manager try to get me to leave once, but he didn't suceed. Still puts a smile on my face thinking on it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hopefully there is some documentation such as emails Grape. Target is on the verge of being on the don't patronize list but right now I don't know if it's that Target or Corporate.

Much of what I have seen/heard has been from internal VCDL emails (i.e. the parking lot).

There appears to be considerable anti pressure from the local Sheriff. The Sheriff should be reminded that he serves at the pleasure of the people.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When I run into these situations like malls that do not allow firearms I will conceal my pistol, but I will wear 4 to 6 ammo mags to make a point. The mags are the speed type so half the magazine is exposed so as any anti-gun power tripping employee knows what it is. I will leave the mags empty, nothing illegal or against store policies by lugging plastic empty glock mags around on my person. I have had a Safeway manager try to get me to leave once, but he didn't suceed. Still puts a smile on my face thinking on it.
Rable rouser! :)