• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman with a gun stops crime

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"{The burglar} got halfway in and was met halfway by my girlfriend with a firearm…She saw him and as soon as they made eye contact, he bolted," he said.

The couple believes the intruder showed up to their home using an alley right behind their house - and that's the same way he left running out of the back door after the victim pointed her gun.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26195898/henrico-woman-scares-burglar-from-home

twoskinsonemanns

Good for the them. Though it is a shame the crook is still out there free to try again in someone else's home.

Freedom1Man

Hoax

This has to be a hoax, guns are only used for killing people and committing crimes. Guns are NEVER used in self defense situations, she should have simply called the police to let them handle everything.

Sorry, I think I just got some vomit on my keyboard.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Having a gun and not shooting it can be the greatest form of control (no sarcasm intended)

Absolutely, so many times the mere presence of a SEEN firearm leads to the changing of the minds of those who just previously were intent upon the 'SOFT VICTIM'!

OPEN CARRY deters crime!

Last edited: