• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hewitt police firearms instructor shoots himself in hand

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't need an instructor to tell me not to point any gun, loaded or not, at a part of any person's body.

Thanks for reminding me why !

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I tried to see if I could find out what their duty weapon is. I'm laying odds that's what he was using at the time, and I'm curious if it might have front slide serrations or some other dumb reason why he let his hand get that close to the muzzle while administratively handling a loaded weapon.

Maverick9

Charge him, give him a psych eval. and subsequently confiscate his weapons in the name of 'officer safety'. (see what I did there).

On a more serious note, I'm glad he's OK and no family members or dogs were harmed by this injudicious act.

Kopis

Hey, it happens. I think i would've issued a statement highlighting my mistake and the importance of following the basic gun safety rules at all times.

The best one ever was that DEA agent that shot himself in the foot. "I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS ROOM PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH TO HANDLE THIS GLOCK 40" BAAAM. But i do give him credit, he toughed through it at the time. I read he later filed a lawsuit against the DEA because his fellow employees made fun of him so much. I would've worn a wooden gun into work the next day like the cop in "the other guys". Gotta make fun of yourself after something like that otherwise people will never leave you alone!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...5qVM6-geJ8HHvd26meFr3G1w&ust=1407430929243733