Thread: Kids and Guns

Kids and Guns

Interesting video of children reacting to a handgun.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/371411967...#sp=show-clips

I don't know about that last one...
    She straight out tells them its a toy gun, even if she says its "dangerous" ... they believed her when she said it was a toy. Then in the interview she only says that she told them it was dangerous and they shouldn't play with guns... then she surprised they play with it? Well don't tell them its a toy and maybe it would happen differently...

All three were set-ups to advance a anti-gun agenda. Responsible adults teach little kids not to touch what looks like a real gun. Responsible adults don't leave a gun laying around with other toys. Also, a 10 y/o is not permitted, or encouraged to defend themselves and their siblings with a gun, while in their own home, if the situation as they see it at the time is dire?

Bush league psych-out stuff...pfft!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

This clip was on Fox-n-Friends this morning - they were all cooing and oohing and ahhing about the clip and didn't have one skeptical question in the bunch about Dr Susan Lipkin's research, who was funding it, if the kids had guns in the home, if they have shot guns and received instructions from parents on gun safety - or had just seen how TV displays guns on movies, cop shows, etc.

The Fox&Friends NYC dopes were curious about this but you could tell THEY don't have any dealings with weapons and they couldn't wait to get on to the next story about the Russian fisherman saved from being mauled by a bear - bear was scared away when it heard Justin Bieber's 'Baby' song ringtone.....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    All three were set-ups to advance a anti-gun agenda. Responsible adults teach little kids not to touch what looks like a real gun. Responsible adults don't leave a gun laying around with other toys. Also, a 10 y/o is not permitted, or encouraged to defend themselves and their siblings with a gun, while in their own home, if the situation as they see it at the time is dire?

Bush league psych-out stuff...pfft!
    Exactly. It tries to come across as a objective scientific study but it's clearly a setup.

I also caught her lie telling the kids it was a toy gun then claiming she told them it was dangerous and not to touch it.
    Also being in a strange place with a strange "authority" is completely different than touching Daddy or Mommy's gun at home.
    Uninformative video meant to scare sheep.
    Anyway guns can kill and kids make poor decisions. Deciding how much access to give a child to a gun is a very important decision and IMHO not an easy one.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

I heard her say to the 4 children that it was a TOY GUN!

What is this video supposed to prove?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)