Thread: Book: Obama ignored gun lobby's bid to help rid illegal guns after Newtown

White Oak Plantation

Book: Obama ignored gun lobby's bid to help rid illegal guns after Newtown

Choosing politics over policy, the Obama administration ignored a willingness by the gun lobby to help in the fight against illegal guns and gun violence following the 2012 Newtown, Conn., school shooting, likely missing any chance of a historic deal, according to a new book about the nation’s war over the weapons.
    What? The NRA wanting to work with do what? It sure would be nice if they worked with OCers a little more.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Frank Miniter, The Future of the Gun - Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #718,143 in Books

About the Author
    Frank Miniter is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Ultimate Man’s Survival Guide and The Politically Incorrect Guide™ to Hunting. A frequent commentator on radio and television, he is a field editor for American Hunter (an NRA magazine)and a contributor to Forbes. Miniter is also the ultimate man. He has run with the bulls of Pamplona, snowshoed the Klondike, hunted Russian bear in Kaleria, and has survived everywhere from the Amazon to the streets of Manhattan. He lives in New York.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016