Thread: camping close to Pendleton.

camping close to Pendleton.

I will be camping with my family near Pendleton. I OC in my everyday life in WA. I know that in Washington parks and campsites are not prohibited.

Two questions;

1) Open carry in a vehicle? loaded? (I will be coming down 82 to 84, not near cities with bans)

2) Open carry in Oregon state parks?

Thank you for the info
    The only sensible gun law is the 2nd Amendment. Anything else is an infringement.

"The road to tyranny is paved with compromise."

Quote Originally Posted by dakatak87 View Post
    I will be camping with my family near Pendleton. I OC in my everyday life in WA. I know that in Washington parks and campsites are not prohibited.

Two questions;

1) Open carry in a vehicle? loaded? (I will be coming down 82 to 84, not near cities with bans)

2) Open carry in Oregon state parks?

Thank you for the info
    I OC that route once or twice a year.

Excerpts from handgunlaw.us page for Car Carry in Oregon:

Oregon has no State law against carrying a loaded handgun in your car as long as it’s : (a) Not concealed or (b) "Not readily accessible." (If Concealed)
    (3) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section

I OC'd on the tour of the Pendleton Woolen Mills last year with no issues.

State Park Carry is also OK.
    Last edited by ak56; 08-06-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to add State Park info
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.