Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Planning an OC walk in a hostile place

Planning an OC walk in a hostile place

I'm planning an OC walk in Barron which is extremely hostile to the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments. What I'm specifically looking for is law or case law that I can recite when (there's no if about it) these officers attempt to take my weapon. I know the whole deal with probable cause, RAS and detainment vs. arrest but it has been a long time since an officer has attempted to lay hands on my weapons so a refresher would be nice.

A friend has been harassed, cuffed and had his weapon run just for OC in Barron and this is why we are headed in that direction. There will be 3 of us, but more company would be nice.

Anyone interested in joining us can reach me through my blog.

Http://likeomggunsareforlosers.blogspot.com

Have you tried scheduling a meeting with a department representative(s) to voice your concerns over the departments response to lawful activity? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Have you tried scheduling a meeting with a department representative(s) to voice your concerns over the departments response to lawful activity? Just curious.

I called last Thursday and was hung up on after about two minutes. Apparently he (wouldn't ID) just wanted to declare OC to be a "gray area" and made a few vague statements relating OC to terrorism and when I asked if he knew the difference between a privilege and a right he hung up. My exact words: can you explain to me the difference between a privilege and a right and how exercising a right would be a gray area, legally speaking? I ask cops this question a lot.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    I'm planning an OC walk in Barron which is extremely hostile to the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments. What I'm specifically looking for is law or case law that I can recite when (there's no if about it) these officers attempt to take my weapon. I know the whole deal with probable cause, RAS and detainment vs. arrest but it has been a long time since an officer has attempted to lay hands on my weapons so a refresher would be nice.

A friend has been harassed, cuffed and had his weapon run just for OC in Barron and this is why we are headed in that direction. There will be 3 of us, but more company would be nice.

I'd love to come up but i'm way out in the sticks, south of La Crosse and I've not had the money to purchase a weapon as yet. Got me rather annoyed as I can't put what I believe into practice. Oh, and I don't drive. Give it a few months and i'll go up there or better yet if anyone wants to schedule something actually in La Crosse i'd jump at the chance.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

I called last Thursday and was hung up on after about two minutes. Apparently he (wouldn't ID) just wanted to declare OC to be a "gray area" and made a few vague statements relating OC to terrorism and when I asked if he knew the difference between a privilege and a right he hung up. My exact words: can you explain to me the difference between a privilege and a right and how exercising a right would be a gray area, legally speaking? I ask cops this question a lot.
    Thats why I almost always do things in person. People like that should have the chance to dodge and escape responsibility removed from them.

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Thats why I almost always do things in person. People like that should have the chance to dodge and escape responsibility removed from them.
    Be careful! Open and concealed carry in a police station is prohibited.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Be careful! Open and concealed carry in a police station is prohibited.
    by statute or is this the overall trend? I should have clarified I guess as there would be police out and about I could speak to though my personal preference is to just carry (in public places) without asking, without checking a thing and if there is an issue, deal with it when it arises.

Some people are crusaders and when your a crusader you just gotta be a crusadin. Beware, sometimes words can hurt you.
    Last edited by Franky; 08-07-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: i

Sometimes people are sheep. And when you're a sheep you just gotta be a'bleatin' . . . .

Sometimes people are slaves. And when you're a slave you just gotta be a'bowin' and a'scrapin' . . . .

We as individuals get to choose.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    Sometimes people are sheep. And when you're a sheep you just gotta be a'bleatin' . . . .

Sometimes people are slaves. And when you're a slave you just gotta be a'bowin' and a'scrapin' . . . .

We as individuals get to choose.
    Will be going through Barron this afternoon and will do a thorough investigation on the sheep situation. btw it is a lovely small town. Been through Barron many times on my way to Rice Lake.
    Last edited by Franky; 08-07-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: gm error

Double whammy, what with signs having the force of law. How is that legal anyway with the police being a public building? How can any public building be legally off limits. I seem to recall a city was sued for trying to ban carry on public transport. How are the police, city hall, libraries etc different from that?

It's legal because the legislature (sometimes called "lawmakers") said that it is legal. They're as different as your home is different from your car.

I do t think the people are sheep, but it definitely is a liberal stronghold.

Carry ACt35 and that 2009 letter by Van Hollen. Good luck. My weapon in repair shop ( Chief's house) cylinder release fell off. Don't have a tinsy weensy allen wrench. He does.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Carry ACt35 and that 2009 letter by Van Hollen. Good luck. My weapon in repair shop ( Chief's house) cylinder release fell off. Don't have a tinsy weensy allen wrench. He does.

Dang dude all that can be had for less than a quarter of what he's going to charge you.

WalMart doesn't have the best stuff but it's cheap and will work at least once.

So how did the walk go.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    So how did the walk go.
    LOL When it happens then you'll probably get a good story from Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald or one of his henchpeople. They are http://www.citizenobserver.com clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    So how did the walk go.

didn't go yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL When it happens then you'll probably get a good story from Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald or one of his henchpeople. They are http://www.citizenobserver.com clients.

Maybe it will be a scary story with ghost guns in it.

Dang dude all that can be had for less than a quarter of what he's going to charge you.

No monetary charge. Wants some of that collard greens I am is growing. Pierce county fair is on. I'll have to see if it posted this year.

Centurion
    snipped...

Well, most or some of the time it'll work "at least once"!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

wimwag,

If this is a planned event I don't think I'd worry too much about being bothered but a good turn out would definitely help your cause. Hope your event is successful. Be professional.

We had an "Open Carry" day here in Va about a year ago. Philip VanCleave - Pres VCDL - was the main speaker. They had local news (Roanoke, Va Ch.10) cameras rolling and it went off without incident. There were about 150-200 attendees. About half were open carrying - some may have been concealed. It took place in the street right in front of the courthouse in New Castle.

I wish they would do it again and encourage people to open carry all the time. I typically conceal carry but there is no reason I shouldn't be open carrying. My best holster is a leather OC Gould Gold Line.
    Last edited by wittmeba; 08-10-2014 at 11:59 AM.

I will still be holding an OC walk, but I don't believe it will be a planned one. I met with the guy who told me his story to discuss the circumstances he was describing and from the stories he told me afterwards about how badass he is...well I'm doubtful that I got the correct version of events surrounding his alleged harassment. I would be willing to bet he made a stupid comment to a person who asked about it and they relayed their concerns to police. I don't trust him at all and will not be meeting with him again or be allowing him to walk with us.

What I'm specifically looking for is ... case law that I can recite ... [ ... ]
    Case Law Research with Google Scholar
    http://wilawlibrary.gov/learn/tutorials/scholar.html

Basic Case Law Searching with Google Scholar from Wisconsin State Law Library on Vimeo.
    http://vimeo.com/11368050

Advanced Case Law Searching with Google Scholar from Wisconsin State Law Library on Vimeo.
    http://vimeo.com/11368005

Google Offers Legal Research for the Average Citizen - and Lawyers Too (ABA Journal, November 18, 2009)
    http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...nd_lawyers_too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast