• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning an OC walk in a hostile place

wimwag

Whoa whoa whoa...is Doug E Fresh actually helping me? This could be the start of something beautiful.

Franky

I will still be holding an OC walk, but I don't believe it will be a planned one. I met with the guy who told me his story to discuss the circumstances he was describing and from the stories he told me afterwards about how badass he is...well I'm doubtful that I got the correct version of events surrounding his alleged harassment. I would be willing to bet he made a stupid comment to a person who asked about it and they relayed their concerns to police. I don't trust him at all and will not be meeting with him again or be allowing him to walk with us.

In your initial post the guy was a friend of yours and the whole premise of this thread was to support your friend. Your above post is self explanatory. So what is your motivation?

XD40sc

I called last Thursday and was hung up on after about two minutes. Apparently he (wouldn't ID) just wanted to declare OC to be a "gray area" and made a few vague statements relating OC to terrorism and when I asked if he knew the difference between a privilege and a right he hung up. My exact words: can you explain to me the difference between a privilege and a right and how exercising a right would be a gray area, legally speaking? I ask cops this question a lot.

Did you ask to speak to the chief, or a shift commander, someone with rank and authority, or just jump down the throat of the first person that answered the phone?

The fact they would not identify themselves leads me to believe that you were hostile from the start.

wimwag

A single disorderly ticket from over a decade ago isn't a history. Party got out of hand and everybody went home. $75 tickets for all. Nothing like Douglas violating restraining orders.

wimwag

Did you ask to speak to the chief, or a shift commander, someone with rank and authority, or just jump down the throat of the first person that answered the phone?

The fact they would not identify themselves leads me to believe that you were hostile from the start.

I asked for the chief and got a smartass instead. I was never hostile. Guy wouldn't even let me leave a voicemail.

wimwag

In your initial post the guy was a friend of yours and the whole premise of this thread was to support your friend. Your above post is self explanatory. So what is your motivation?
Some people I consider friends unless I find something that makes me want to not be their friend.

Franky

I will still be holding an OC walk, but I don't believe it will be a planned one. I met with the guy who told me his story to discuss the circumstances he was describing and from the stories he told me afterwards about how badass he is...well I'm doubtful that I got the correct version of events surrounding his alleged harassment. I would be willing to bet he made a stupid comment to a person who asked about it and they relayed their concerns to police. I don't trust him at all and will not be meeting with him again or be allowing him to walk with us.

When is this stroll gonna happen?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones."

They are all honorable men, are they not?

protias

"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones."

Doug Hoffman is hardly honorable. How many personal attacks has he made against members here? How many dozens of sock puppets has he created here? How many times has encouraged people to make attacks against the forum? He has no honor, morally or ethically. He calls himself a Christian and doesn't act like one, one bit.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Doug Hoffman is hardly honorable. How many personal attacks has he made against members here? How many dozens of sock puppets has he created here? How many times has encouraged people to make attacks against the forum? He has no honor, morally or ethically. He calls himself a Christian and doesn't act like one, one bit.

Mark Antony was being sarcastic - so was I.

Antony merely sets the table for dissent. He progressively hits upon the notes of ambition and honourable in a cadence that soon calls both terms into question.
http://bardweb.net/content/readings/caesar/index.html

Last edited: