• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning an OC walk in a hostile place

wimwag

I'm planning an OC walk in Barron which is extremely hostile to the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments. What I'm specifically looking for is law or case law that I can recite when (there's no if about it) these officers attempt to take my weapon. I know the whole deal with probable cause, RAS and detainment vs. arrest but it has been a long time since an officer has attempted to lay hands on my weapons so a refresher would be nice.

A friend has been harassed, cuffed and had his weapon run just for OC in Barron and this is why we are headed in that direction. There will be 3 of us, but more company would be nice.

Anyone interested in joining us can reach me through my blog.

Http://likeomggunsareforlosers.blogspot.com

Trip20

Have you tried scheduling a meeting with a department representative(s) to voice your concerns over the departments response to lawful activity? Just curious.

wimwag

Have you tried scheduling a meeting with a department representative(s) to voice your concerns over the departments response to lawful activity? Just curious.

I called last Thursday and was hung up on after about two minutes. Apparently he (wouldn't ID) just wanted to declare OC to be a "gray area" and made a few vague statements relating OC to terrorism and when I asked if he knew the difference between a privilege and a right he hung up. My exact words: can you explain to me the difference between a privilege and a right and how exercising a right would be a gray area, legally speaking? I ask cops this question a lot.

rightwinglibertarian

I'm planning an OC walk in Barron which is extremely hostile to the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments. What I'm specifically looking for is law or case law that I can recite when (there's no if about it) these officers attempt to take my weapon. I know the whole deal with probable cause, RAS and detainment vs. arrest but it has been a long time since an officer has attempted to lay hands on my weapons so a refresher would be nice.

A friend has been harassed, cuffed and had his weapon run just for OC in Barron and this is why we are headed in that direction. There will be 3 of us, but more company would be nice.

I'd love to come up but i'm way out in the sticks, south of La Crosse and I've not had the money to purchase a weapon as yet. Got me rather annoyed as I can't put what I believe into practice. Oh, and I don't drive. Give it a few months and i'll go up there or better yet if anyone wants to schedule something actually in La Crosse i'd jump at the chance.

rightwinglibertarian

I called last Thursday and was hung up on after about two minutes. Apparently he (wouldn't ID) just wanted to declare OC to be a "gray area" and made a few vague statements relating OC to terrorism and when I asked if he knew the difference between a privilege and a right he hung up. My exact words: can you explain to me the difference between a privilege and a right and how exercising a right would be a gray area, legally speaking? I ask cops this question a lot.

Thats why I almost always do things in person. People like that should have the chance to dodge and escape responsibility removed from them.

rightwinglibertarian

Be careful! Open and concealed carry in a police station is prohibited.

by statute or is this the overall trend? I should have clarified I guess as there would be police out and about I could speak to though my personal preference is to just carry (in public places) without asking, without checking a thing and if there is an issue, deal with it when it arises.

Franky

Some people are crusaders and when your a crusader you just gotta be a crusadin. Beware, sometimes words can hurt you.:lol:

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Sometimes people are sheep. And when you're a sheep you just gotta be a'bleatin' . . . .

Sometimes people are slaves. And when you're a slave you just gotta be a'bowin' and a'scrapin' . . . .

We as individuals get to choose.

Franky

Sometimes people are sheep. And when you're a sheep you just gotta be a'bleatin' . . . .

Sometimes people are slaves. And when you're a slave you just gotta be a'bowin' and a'scrapin' . . . .

We as individuals get to choose.

Will be going through Barron this afternoon and will do a thorough investigation on the sheep situation. btw it is a lovely small town. Been through Barron many times on my way to Rice Lake.:)

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

Double whammy, what with signs having the force of law. How is that legal anyway with the police being a public building? How can any public building be legally off limits. I seem to recall a city was sued for trying to ban carry on public transport. How are the police, city hall, libraries etc different from that?

wimwag

I do t think the people are sheep, but it definitely is a liberal stronghold.

Law abider

Carry ACt35 and that 2009 letter by Van Hollen. Good luck. My weapon in repair shop ( Chief's house) cylinder release fell off. Don't have a tinsy weensy allen wrench. He does.

wimwag

Carry ACt35 and that 2009 letter by Van Hollen. Good luck. My weapon in repair shop ( Chief's house) cylinder release fell off. Don't have a tinsy weensy allen wrench. He does.

Dang dude all that can be had for less than a quarter of what he's going to charge you.

WalMart doesn't have the best stuff but it's cheap and will work at least once.

Law abider

Dang dude all that can be had for less than a quarter of what he's going to charge you.

WalMart doesn't have the best stuff but it's cheap and will work at least once.

No monetary charge. Wants some of that collard greens I am is growing. Pierce county fair is on. I'll have to see if it posted this year.

wittmeba

wimwag,

If this is a planned event I don't think I'd worry too much about being bothered but a good turn out would definitely help your cause. Hope your event is successful. Be professional.

We had an "Open Carry" day here in Va about a year ago. Philip VanCleave - Pres VCDL - was the main speaker. They had local news (Roanoke, Va Ch.10) cameras rolling and it went off without incident. There were about 150-200 attendees. About half were open carrying - some may have been concealed. It took place in the street right in front of the courthouse in New Castle.

I wish they would do it again and encourage people to open carry all the time. I typically conceal carry but there is no reason I shouldn't be open carrying. My best holster is a leather OC Gould Gold Line.

Last edited:

wimwag

I will still be holding an OC walk, but I don't believe it will be a planned one. I met with the guy who told me his story to discuss the circumstances he was describing and from the stories he told me afterwards about how badass he is...well I'm doubtful that I got the correct version of events surrounding his alleged harassment. I would be willing to bet he made a stupid comment to a person who asked about it and they relayed their concerns to police. I don't trust him at all and will not be meeting with him again or be allowing him to walk with us.