• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning an OC walk in a hostile place

Franky

My online Shakespeare http://opensourceshakespeare.org/

Love's Labour's Lost II, 1 497

Princess of France

Good Lord Boyet, my beauty, though but mean,
Needs not the painted flourish of your praise:
Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye,
Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues:
I am less proud to hear you tell my worth
Than you much willing to be counted wise
In spending your wit in the praise of mine.

Simply exquisite.

Franky

Doug Hoffman is hardly honorable. How many personal attacks has he made against members here? How many dozens of sock puppets has he created here? How many times has encouraged people to make attacks against the forum? He has no honor, morally or ethically. He calls himself a Christian and doesn't act like one, one bit.

Why are you holier than thouing a person that does not exist on this forum?

protias

LOL A non-person, a disappeared, desaparecida.

Why are you holier than thouing a person that does not exist on this forum?

spn_names.png

Franky

Diverting attention from the real premise of this thread suggests to me there is NOT going to be any sort of stroll through this supposedly hostile small town.

Last edited:

Franky

Obviously I cannot speak for the phantasmic Doug Hoffman but I have been retired for 20 years and living about 40 miles from the lovely small town of Barron. Perfection.

wimwag

Obviously I cannot speak for the phantasmic Doug Hoffman but I have been retired for 20 years and living about 40 miles from the lovely small town of Barron. Perfection.

self moderated. Might as well do it before krysta does

Last edited:

Wstar425

I've open carried in the quaint little town of Barron on several occasions with no issues. McDonalds, Subway, Napa, Bobcat and Ford dealers along with others. IWB so possible not seen by all. Having said that, I'm 55, short beard, always wear a shirt with a collar and clean jeans. No, it shouldn't make a difference. Yes, it probably does.

I suspect there is some more to the story we aren't hearing, but I wasn't there.

wimwag

It seem there are some people who attract all the attention for one reason or another.

It seems some who supposedly support OC cheer for the death or imprisonment of other OCers they personally deem unworthy for reasons that they condemn others for using against them.

I'll wear what I want, carry what I want how I want when I want. **** you you and you. (You three know who you are. Cheers ************.)

duckdog

You really do have a lot of "confrontations". You have every right to wear what you want, carry what you want, and do it when you want, but remember this.... when you seemingly go out of your way to get noticed, you are representing everyone who has also worked hard to be accepted both open carrying and concealed carrying. Quite frankly, I'd rather you stop representing me. Either all of your confrontations and hostile walks and whatever else you come up with are a bunch of BS, or you are really making us gun owners look like a bunch of arses to the non carrying public who may have voted in our favor.

I am wondering just who you are trying to sway with the OC walks in "hostile" territory? Do what we are allowed to by law and knock off the showboating and you'll find most people will not give a hoot with you carrying. Before you mouth off with some half baked reply, really try to comprehend what some of us have done to calm the anxiety of those folks that were, and still may be, on the fence concerning open and concealed carry in our given areas. Continuing to kick that bee hive with all of these "walks" and attracting attention will get us all stung in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

wimwag

You really do have a lot of "confrontations". You have every right to wear what you want, carry what you want, and do it when you want, but remember this.... when you seemingly go out of your way to get noticed, you are representing everyone who has also worked hard to be accepted both open carrying and concealed carrying. Quite frankly, I'd rather you stop representing me. Either all of your confrontations and hostile walks and whatever else you come up with are a bunch of BS, or you are really making us gun owners look like a bunch of arses to the non carrying public who may have voted in our favor.

I am wondering just who you are trying to sway with the OC walks in "hostile" territory? Do what we are allowed to by law and knock off the showboating and you'll find most people will not give a hoot with you carrying. Before you mouth off with some half baked reply, really try to comprehend what some of us have done to calm the anxiety of those folks that were, and still may be, on the fence concerning open and concealed carry in our given areas. Continuing to kick that bee hive with all of these "walks" and attracting attention will get us all stung in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

These walks are what has gotten you your precious concealed carry. I suggest you think about YOUR replies before you go spouting off some half baked theory that openly carrying into places that attempt to deprive us of our civil rights is detrimental to what you believe to be your cause. I suppose you think Bill Polster has also done more harm than good? Open Carry Texas? Polster and Grisham force tyrants with badges to observe and obey the constitution. They bring the fight for our rights out into the open. Yeah, it pisses off liberals. It also pisses off ********* ******* like you that fear the government and worship the permit system. The goal is CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY. I hope you don't ask permission to speak freely or worship as you choose. ****** like you are the reason we have to fight tooth and nail to exercise a right. The generation before mine capitulated over and over again just to be politically correct. That same generation let themselves be bought with heroin and crack. You're so afraid of other peoples hurt feelings that you're willing to ask for permission to exercise a RIGHT. That says it all about you.

There is no right or wrong way to exercise a right. Take your permission slip and ****** ** ** **** ***.

Last edited by a moderator:

duckdog

Just what I expected.... Lots of spouting off about things you know absolutely nothing about. Looking at your past posts, you have a colorful history of just plain foolish behavior in the name of "protecting our rights". I know this... many of us did things the right way by exercising our rights and gaining the support of people by educating them about our rights... not ******* them off. Are these places that are supposedly denying your right to carry private property? If those places are, they have the right to tell you to leave... plain and simple.

As far as our precious concealed carry law... it is one of the best in the nation. Lots of work went into getting it. Constitutional Carry is next, but alienating the general public will not make that a reality.

You know nothing about the generation before you and what we went through, so I would appreciate it if you stop talking out of your backside about those of us who paved the way for you so you can even act foolish and talk even dumber. Show some respect and when you grow up, maybe you'll get some respect yourself.

Enough said....

wimwag

Just what I expected.... Lots of spouting off about things you know absolutely nothing about. Looking at your past posts, you have a colorful history of just plain foolish behavior in the name of "protecting our rights". I know this... many of us did things the right way by exercising our rights and gaining the support of people by educating them about our rights... not ******* them off. Are these places that are supposedly denying your right to carry private property? If those places are, they have the right to tell you to leave... plain and simple.

As far as our precious concealed carry law... it is one of the best in the nation. Lots of work went into getting it. Constitutional Carry is next, but alienating the general public will not make that a reality.

You know nothing about the generation before you and what we went through, so I would appreciate it if you stop talking out of your backside about those of us who paved the way for you so you can even act foolish and talk even dumber. Show some respect and when you grow up, maybe you'll get some respect yourself.

Enough said....

Foolish behavior? How? By hunting? By going to get groceries? Go **** yourself. Your carry is no better than mine. Your right to be a **** doesn't negate my right to keep and bear arms.

Let's set the record straight.

I don't open carry to demand respect. I don't open carry because I want attention. I open carry because

1. I can

2. It's my right

3. It's your right.

Places that intimidate cowards **** *** into giving up that right, or in your case, seeking government permission to exercise a natural right, only grow bolder by the day when they are allowed to run unchecked. If we do not leash that dog, he will go into our neighbor's yard and threaten him too. Threats become attacks when the dog sees he use force to gain territory. Sometimes, the dog must be put down. That is the whole purpose of the Second Amendment. You may be content to be a servant to your representatives and that is fine. What is not okay is you pressing others to lower our defenses while the enemy regroups. At this point, we have the opportunity to take the fight to the enemy, and that is exactly what we are doing. Like it or mot, your pacifist ways are no longer effective. Would you also allow a man to keep stabbing at you and offer no resistance? That is, in effect, what you are doing.

The beauty of our system is this: We The People hold the power, the government is allowed by us to serve us only as long as we tolerate them. As I wrote in a public letter to Chief Briggs of the Somerset PD, We The People are the ones hoisting public servants upon our shoulders. If those public servants take it upon themselves to abuse the position we have allowed them to fill and use it as a vantage point to choke us, we will drop them.

I don't carry to "educate" the liberals. I carry as a form of self defense and as a warning to tyrants. It's a visual deterrent in many forms. And lastly, because you know not what you do.

Last edited by a moderator: