Thread: Wisconsin Firearms Protection Act nullifying federal regulations, campaign issue.

Wisconsin Firearms Protection Act nullifying federal regulations, campaign issue.

Nullification.

Jonathan Steitz a Republican taking on former Sen. Van Wanggaard told a libertarian website that he would support a controversial bill dubbed the Firearms Protection Act.

The website describes the measure as protecting "residents of Wisconsin from unconstitutional federal infringements on their Second Amendment rights by asserting the state's Tenth Amendment rights." The proposal would also carry some unspecified penalties.

In other words, it would allow the state to nullify federal gun regulations. A similar law approved by Kansas lawmakers called the Second Amendment Protection Act is currently tied up in court.

Reached recently by phone, Steitz initially said he didn't recall filling out the survey from Campaign for Liberty, a group founded by former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul. Steitz said he also had no idea that the responses were now public. He responded to additional questions only by email.

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noq...270244731.html
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

This will be a miracle if it becomes a reality

WI lawmakers want to craft a bill to let state nullify federal gun laws. Hmmm... cant this become a reality? From the Pierce County Herald. This was embedded in it's WI news column so I wont post the link.

Twenty challengers for Wisconsin legislative seats have told a libertarian group they would support a bill to let the state nullify federal gun regulations. The Campaign for Liberty, headed by Ron Paul, says on its Web site that the bill would protect Wisconsinites from what it calls "unconstitutional federal infringements on their Second Amendment rights." It would let the state invoke its Tenth Amendment rights to nullify certain gun laws -- and federal agents who try to enforce them would face unspecified penalties. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel says it has become an issue in next week's Republican state Senate primary in Racine, where Jonathan Steitz is running against former Senator Van Wanggaard. The paper said Steitz does not believe the measure could nullify existing federal laws, but he does believe in state's rights and avoiding what he called "federal overreach." Wanggaard's camp said that candidate opposes further gun controls -- but he does not believe in having the state nullify federal laws. Two other G-O-P Senate candidates also told the Campaign for Liberty they'll support what the group calls the "Firearms Protection Act." Seventeen Wisconsin Assembly candidates did the same, including two Democrats.

Link?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    link?
    lol
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    . This was embedded in it's WI news column so I wont post the link.

Link maybe this is why it is missing
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do