Thread: Concealed carry trainers have checkered pasts. Chicago Tribune

Concealed carry trainers have checkered pasts. Chicago Tribune

But multiple instructors authorized to teach people how to tote guns under the new state program are police officers with documented histories of making questionable decisions about when to use force, a Tribune review has found.

One instructor is an officer whom two suburbs sought to fire because of substantiated excessive force allegations, municipal records show. Another was accused by two ex-wives of physical abuse and by one of repeatedly threatening to kill her and resigned when his chief tried to fire him after a corroborated accusation that he hit a teen with a flashlight without cause, according to records.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...807-story.html

Follow the money
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

...and some teachers and coaches molest children, and some security guards have burglary in their past, and some carry permit teachers foist their own misguided opinions/positions on their students, even when they're contrary to written law...people are people and some people suck...not a surprise at all...we gotta take the good and flush the bad...and keep what's worth keeping...

Wow, ex wives claiming they were abused. I wonder if they could be flat out lying like my son's soon to be ex wife to get an order of protection, and sympathy from a divorce court judge. Can never happen right. And a perp who is arrested will never claim a LEO used excessive force, of course not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebob View Post
    Wow, ex wives claiming they were abused. I wonder if they could be flat out lying like my son's soon to be ex wife to get an order of protection, and sympathy from a divorce court judge. Can never happen right. And a perp who is arrested will never claim a LEO used excessive force, of course not.
    substantiated excessive force allegations

Of course, training cannot be required to exercise a right ....