Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: LA Port Police Illegal Seize UAV - Cite Operator

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760

    LA Port Police Illegal Seize UAV - Cite Operator


  2. #2
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Keep up the good work onus. Appreciate all that you do in life. Everyone on this forum owes you a debt of gratitude for what you have done and continue to do for us on a daily basis. You move out and draw fire like a lone wolf. Constantly on the prowl and protecting us from tyranny and persecution of the majority.

    Keep up the good fight.



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  3. #3
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Keep up the good work onus. Appreciate all that you do in life. Everyone on this forum owes you a debt of gratitude for what you have done and continue to do for us on a daily basis. You move out and draw fire like a lone wolf. Constantly on the prowl and protecting us from tyranny and persecution of the majority.

    Keep up the good fight.



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    I cannot tell if this was sarcasm or sincere.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Keep up the good work onus. Appreciate all that you do in life. Everyone on this forum owes you a debt of gratitude for what you have done and continue to do for us on a daily basis. You move out and draw fire like a lone wolf. Constantly on the prowl and protecting us from tyranny and persecution of the majority.

    Keep up the good fight.



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

    Yes a very good job indeed
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Keep up the good work onus. Appreciate all that you do in life. Everyone on this forum owes you a debt of gratitude for what you have done and continue to do for us on a daily basis. You move out and draw fire like a lone wolf. Constantly on the prowl and protecting us from tyranny and persecution of the majority.

    Keep up the good fight.



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    You are being dishonest.

    You have deep a resentment and hatred for people like Onus but since you want to look like a good guy you mask it with sarcasm.

    Why don't you just be honest and say what you really think and how you really feel ?

  6. #6
    Regular Member Baked on Grease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterling, Va.
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by NosePicker View Post
    You are being dishonest.

    You have deep a resentment and hatred for people like Onus but since you want to look like a good guy you mask it with sarcasm.

    Why don't you just be honest and say what you really think and how you really feel ?
    Please stop the useless bickering and name calling. It's getting tiring that every time a poster that you (royal you, as in those in OCDO who do this) don't like personally posts something, anything... there is a team of users who do nothing but lambast them about things that have nothing to do with their post and many time not even be about the original post of the thread.

    As much as we ( royal we, as in the OCDO vets) may not like those posters on a personal level... leave them be. Honestly, contribute to the thread subject or shut up. Every thread I am trying to read is nothing but you guys filling up the pages with useless negativity againts these posters. I am getting sick and tired of it. Simply ignore them if you don't like them.

    Seriously, pages and pages of this I have to sort through to get the info pertaining to why I went to that thread in the first place. Also, it doesn't put OCDO I a good light to new users one bit. if I send a new person to OCDO and tell them we are such a friendly bunch and they see nothing but the persecution of posters for no apparent reason on each and every thread...
    Last edited by Baked on Grease; 08-07-2014 at 06:36 PM.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

    "According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

    Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    ^ ^ We do think you make a valid point. ^ ^
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,202
    There are some who seem to have all the trouble and those who are not happy unless they complain.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    There are some who seem to have all the trouble and those who are not happy unless they complain.
    there are those who bow down and live at the feet of their masters.

    other stand up and fight for freedom.

    others stick to internet forums.

    then there are guys who profession it is to steal peoples money and property and lock them in cages over victimless crimes.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Hi Onus

    You always do a great job. Now my question is, why did you surrender the UAV without objecting to any searches or seizes of your property?

    I look forward to your reply.

    Regards

    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    the drone isn't mine and I wasn't flying it.

    however, Dan did object to them seizing the drone.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    the drone isn't mine and I wasn't flying it.

    however, Dan did object to them seizing the drone.
    So they basically stole Dan's drone? Please keep us updated on this issue.

    Best regards

    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  13. #13
    Regular Member MagiCyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    16
    Ladies & Gents,

    I hope I am not violating any forum rules here... but since the topic of this thread is alleged police misconduct and the violation of citizen's rights, and since community members are responding here to this topic, I'd like to bring another recent event involving California LEO's to the attention of those interested in this topic, and I request that you share your insights into the rights and wrongs of this event.

    Here's a link to a 6 min video of a man getting arrested. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f9f_1406139835

    Please share your opinions on this arrest, and your opinions on the cameraman's actions, as well as your opinion's on the LEO's actions.

    Thanks.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    Personally, I'm kinda torn on the whole "but those people are taking pics, why can't I do it from my UAV" bit. Yes the military has allowed people with cameras onto the base, but those people generally go through a checkpoint. Also the military can kick them off at any time they want. As such, I can see why they wouldn't want UAVs flying around so close (the potential terrorist/espionage threat of multiple unchecked UAVs flying around if they didn't nip the practice in the bud).

    From here I don't understand why the military police didn't just ask you to put away the UAV and/or leave (preferably asking for it to be put away prior to being asked/told to leave), though if you were actually off-base then that could have something to do with why they didn't come over theirselves. I also very much don't agree with the actions of the police. How can they say that four stalls isn't interfering but anything closer is? And just what gives them the authority to seize the UAV?

    And for full disclosure, yes I am military.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    If the military can do it to us, then, why can we not do it to the military?

    Like he said the place was full of people taking pictures.

    The security screening at events like that, is a joke at best.

    They should have just said, you're fine so long as you don't cause any damages and/or injuries.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    If the military can do it to us, then, why can we not do it to the military?

    Like he said the place was full of people taking pictures.

    The security screening at events like that, is a joke at best.

    They should have just said, you're fine so long as you don't cause any damages and/or injuries.
    If the military can do what? Use their cameras to look wherever they want? Because that isn't true, there's all sorts of limits on where they can look. Also people already can look/spy on military bases so long as they do it from outside of the fence/airspace.

    They set the terms for allowing people on base/in their airspace, and they can have people removed if they don't abide by it.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    I just found out that the day after Dan got his drone confiscated that two other people attempted to fly drones for photography purposes and they had their drones taken as well and cited.
    For all the people who say that Dan and I "just go out to have confrontations with police" this shows that we simply EXPOSE how police are violating the rights of people for simply engaging in constitutionally protected activities.
    The two other people were "professional photographers" who have on numerous occasions flown their drones over the port area and have been told it is lawful to do so.
    Our attorneys are now working on the case and we are confident the tax payers will be punished for this.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    301
    ...are the LA Port Police a city LEO organization, or are they Navy personnel similar to SPs? I can't imagine you being awarded money damages by the Navy...but a city, sure...

    ...if they cited you under a federal law, wouldn't that be handled in a Federal court? seems that it's important to find out where the buck stops if you hope to get any of it...

    ...did they find fault only that you were flying over Navy-owned or Navy-leased property, or is your citation based on a city or state ordinance or law covering flying over ANY port property, whether civilian, foreign, or Federal-used

  19. #19
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by MagiCyle View Post
    Ladies & Gents,

    I hope I am not violating any forum rules here... but since the topic of this thread is alleged police misconduct and the violation of citizen's rights, and since community members are responding here to this topic, I'd like to bring another recent event involving California LEO's to the attention of those interested in this topic, and I request that you share your insights into the rights and wrongs of this event.

    Here's a link to a 6 min video of a man getting arrested. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f9f_1406139835

    Please share your opinions on this arrest, and your opinions on the cameraman's actions, as well as your opinion's on the LEO's actions.

    Thanks.
    The police chief admits the cop violated the guys rights. I would do an open records request for the cops personal file and for the training material used to train the cops about videoing on public property. Based on that info and the false arrest I would sue under 42 USC 1983.

    Keep us informed.
    Last edited by color of law; 08-09-2014 at 07:42 PM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    the police chief admits the cop violated the guys rights. I would do an open records request for the cops personal file and for the training material used to train the cops about videoing on public property. Based on that info and the false arrest i would sue under 42 usc 1983.

    Keep us informed.
    +1

    ccj
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    The first circuit court of appeals already ruled public videotaping is a supremely correct exercise of our 1st Amendment Rights.

    LA Police are WRONG.

    Again.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    The police chief admits the cop violated the guys rights. I would do an open records request for the cops personal file and for the training material used to train the cops about videoing on public property. Based on that info and the false arrest I would sue under 42 USC 1983.

    Keep us informed.
    At least a demand letter ....

  23. #23
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    The police chief admits the cop violated the guys rights. I would do an open records request for the cops personal file and for the training material used to train the cops about videoing on public property. Based on that info and the false arrest I would sue under 42 USC 1983.

    Keep us informed.
    I think that in most states, department personnel file(s) of individual officers are considered confidential.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721
    He's in California, where the defense can file a pretrial Pitchess motion to ask the court to review police records and hand over relevant records.

  25. #25
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    He's in California, where the defense can file a pretrial Pitchess motion to ask the court to review police records and hand over relevant records.
    Interesting - I like that.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •