• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA Port Police Illegal Seize UAV - Cite Operator

onus

[video=youtube;QCLLKjo61a8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCLLKjo61a8[/video]

Primus

Keep up the good work onus. Appreciate all that you do in life. Everyone on this forum owes you a debt of gratitude for what you have done and continue to do for us on a daily basis. You move out and draw fire like a lone wolf. Constantly on the prowl and protecting us from tyranny and persecution of the majority.

Keep up the good fight.

;)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Freedom1Man

Keep up the good work onus. Appreciate all that you do in life. Everyone on this forum owes you a debt of gratitude for what you have done and continue to do for us on a daily basis. You move out and draw fire like a lone wolf. Constantly on the prowl and protecting us from tyranny and persecution of the majority.

Keep up the good fight.

;)

I cannot tell if this was sarcasm or sincere.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Keep up the good fight.

;)

Yes a very good job indeed

NosePicker

Keep up the good fight.

;)

You are being dishonest.

You have deep a resentment and hatred for people like Onus but since you want to look like a good guy you mask it with sarcasm.

Why don't you just be honest and say what you really think and how you really feel ?

Baked on Grease

You are being dishonest.

You have deep a resentment and hatred for people like Onus but since you want to look like a good guy you mask it with sarcasm.

Why don't you just be honest and say what you really think and how you really feel ?

Please stop the useless bickering and name calling. It's getting tiring that every time a poster that you (royal you, as in those in OCDO who do this) don't like personally posts something, anything... there is a team of users who do nothing but lambast them about things that have nothing to do with their post and many time not even be about the original post of the thread.

As much as we ( royal we, as in the OCDO vets) may not like those posters on a personal level... leave them be. Honestly, contribute to the thread subject or shut up. Every thread I am trying to read is nothing but you guys filling up the pages with useless negativity againts these posters. I am getting sick and tired of it. Simply ignore them if you don't like them.

Seriously, pages and pages of this I have to sort through to get the info pertaining to why I went to that thread in the first place. Also, it doesn't put OCDO I a good light to new users one bit. if I send a new person to OCDO and tell them we are such a friendly bunch and they see nothing but the persecution of posters for no apparent reason on each and every thread...

Last edited:

NosePicker

There are some who seem to have all the trouble and those who are not happy unless they complain.

there are those who bow down and live at the feet of their masters.

other stand up and fight for freedom.

others stick to internet forums.

then there are guys who profession it is to steal peoples money and property and lock them in cages over victimless crimes.

countryclubjoe

[video=youtube;QCLLKjo61a8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCLLKjo61a8[/video]

Hi Onus

You always do a great job. Now my question is, why did you surrender the UAV without objecting to any searches or seizes of your property?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

CCJ

onus

the drone isn't mine and I wasn't flying it.

however, Dan did object to them seizing the drone.

MagiCyle

Ladies & Gents,

I hope I am not violating any forum rules here... but since the topic of this thread is alleged police misconduct and the violation of citizen's rights, and since community members are responding here to this topic, I'd like to bring another recent event involving California LEO's to the attention of those interested in this topic, and I request that you share your insights into the rights and wrongs of this event.

Here's a link to a 6 min video of a man getting arrested. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f9f_1406139835

Please share your opinions on this arrest, and your opinions on the cameraman's actions, as well as your opinion's on the LEO's actions.

Thanks.

Aknazer

Personally, I'm kinda torn on the whole "but those people are taking pics, why can't I do it from my UAV" bit. Yes the military has allowed people with cameras onto the base, but those people generally go through a checkpoint. Also the military can kick them off at any time they want. As such, I can see why they wouldn't want UAVs flying around so close (the potential terrorist/espionage threat of multiple unchecked UAVs flying around if they didn't nip the practice in the bud).

From here I don't understand why the military police didn't just ask you to put away the UAV and/or leave (preferably asking for it to be put away prior to being asked/told to leave), though if you were actually off-base then that could have something to do with why they didn't come over theirselves. I also very much don't agree with the actions of the police. How can they say that four stalls isn't interfering but anything closer is? And just what gives them the authority to seize the UAV?

And for full disclosure, yes I am military.

Freedom1Man

If the military can do it to us, then, why can we not do it to the military?

Like he said the place was full of people taking pictures.

The security screening at events like that, is a joke at best.

They should have just said, you're fine so long as you don't cause any damages and/or injuries.

Aknazer

If the military can do it to us, then, why can we not do it to the military?

Like he said the place was full of people taking pictures.

The security screening at events like that, is a joke at best.

They should have just said, you're fine so long as you don't cause any damages and/or injuries.

If the military can do what? Use their cameras to look wherever they want? Because that isn't true, there's all sorts of limits on where they can look. Also people already can look/spy on military bases so long as they do it from outside of the fence/airspace.

They set the terms for allowing people on base/in their airspace, and they can have people removed if they don't abide by it.

onus

I just found out that the day after Dan got his drone confiscated that two other people attempted to fly drones for photography purposes and they had their drones taken as well and cited.
For all the people who say that Dan and I "just go out to have confrontations with police" this shows that we simply EXPOSE how police are violating the rights of people for simply engaging in constitutionally protected activities.
The two other people were "professional photographers" who have on numerous occasions flown their drones over the port area and have been told it is lawful to do so.
Our attorneys are now working on the case and we are confident the tax payers will be punished for this.

sheepdog

...are the LA Port Police a city LEO organization, or are they Navy personnel similar to SPs? I can't imagine you being awarded money damages by the Navy...but a city, sure...

...if they cited you under a federal law, wouldn't that be handled in a Federal court? seems that it's important to find out where the buck stops if you hope to get any of it...

...did they find fault only that you were flying over Navy-owned or Navy-leased property, or is your citation based on a city or state ordinance or law covering flying over ANY port property, whether civilian, foreign, or Federal-used

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Ladies & Gents,

I hope I am not violating any forum rules here... but since the topic of this thread is alleged police misconduct and the violation of citizen's rights, and since community members are responding here to this topic, I'd like to bring another recent event involving California LEO's to the attention of those interested in this topic, and I request that you share your insights into the rights and wrongs of this event.

Here's a link to a 6 min video of a man getting arrested. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f9f_1406139835

Please share your opinions on this arrest, and your opinions on the cameraman's actions, as well as your opinion's on the LEO's actions.

Thanks.
The police chief admits the cop violated the guys rights. I would do an open records request for the cops personal file and for the training material used to train the cops about videoing on public property. Based on that info and the false arrest I would sue under 42 USC 1983.

Keep us informed.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

the police chief admits the cop violated the guys rights. I would do an open records request for the cops personal file and for the training material used to train the cops about videoing on public property. Based on that info and the false arrest i would sue under 42 usc 1983.

Keep us informed.

+1

ccj