• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA Port Police Illegal Seize UAV - Cite Operator

davidmcbeth

Banned
The police chief admits the cop violated the guys rights. I would do an open records request for the cops personal file and for the training material used to train the cops about videoing on public property. Based on that info and the false arrest I would sue under 42 USC 1983.

Keep us informed.

At least a demand letter ....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The police chief admits the cop violated the guys rights. I would do an open records request for the cops personal file and for the training material used to train the cops about videoing on public property. Based on that info and the false arrest I would sue under 42 USC 1983.

Keep us informed.
I think that in most states, department personnel file(s) of individual officers are considered confidential.

Yard Sale

He's in California, where the defense can file a pretrial Pitchess motion to ask the court to review police records and hand over relevant records.