Thread: Open carried to vote just now

Smile Open carried to vote just now

Fortunately, where I live in the sticks voting does not take place at a school or other banned location. That means - you guessed it - I can open carry while casting my ballot. So I headed to the polls strapping a handgun and got back a bit ago. Very uneventful. One of the poll workers (who I happen to know) asked me what type of firearm was carrying. That's it.

The End
    Open means open...

Quote Originally Posted by independence View Post
    Fortunately, where I live in the sticks voting does not take place at a school or other banned location. That means - you guessed it - I can open carry while casting my ballot. So I headed to the polls strapping a handgun and got back a bit ago. Very uneventful. One of the poll workers (who I happen to know) asked me what type of firearm was carrying. That's it.

The End
    I voted this morning, it was in a church I have never been to and I am not familiar with the carry laws in church.
    Anyone?
    So I did not open carry.

http://www.dongreen.me/forum/topic/20

Quote Originally Posted by Searey29 View Post
    I voted this morning, it was in a church I have never been to and I am not familiar with the carry laws in church.
    Anyone?
    So I did not open carry.

http://www.dongreen.me/forum/topic/20
    There is nothing in Tennessee law that prohibits carrying in a church. (Btw, the website handgunlaw.us is a good reference, though it is not updated for the recent changes made last month.)

I open carry quite often while in church, actually.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.
    Open means open...

Wish I had read this yesterday!!!! I got busy and forgot to vote! It would have been my first time in TN, after moving here last fall. It would have been at the local school, so I *assume* I couldn't have OC'd my S&W 329PD there?

My polling place was in a YMCA... its not normally posted, but they had the entire building and polling place in the gym all posted with "no guns" allowed in polling place signs that were legally binding... so I had to leave mine to vote.

That's a bummer, cjohnson...At least everybody was safer because of those magical signs!...Hey FTG...You can't carry in a school, unfortunately.
    Open means open...

Quote Originally Posted by independence View Post
    That's a bummer, cjohnson...At least everybody was safer because of those magical signs!...Hey FTG...You can't carry in a school, unfortunately.
    yes... well its proof signs work.. no one was shot. Next I hope they put up "No Lion's" signs... I don't know why they let lions eat people at the polls.