• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops Kill Man In Wal-Mart Carrying An Air Rifle That He Might Have Planned To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Truth

If one drives on a suspended license or does not pay tickets, then they have no one to blame but themselves for undesired attention.

Guess I'm a little short on sympathy tonight for stupidity.

I'm with ya on that. It's just one example, however. In some states it is ridiculous how often and for what reason your license may be suspended and to what degree that designation puts you in danger.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm with ya on that. It's just one example, however. In some states it is ridiculous how often and for what reason your license may be suspended and to what degree that designation puts you in danger.

It is very easy to locate what each state does and how that is determined - Google is your friend,

In Virginia the information is here

Just realized how far off topic we have gotten - is there anything else to be said about the OP of this thread?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
If one drives on a suspended license or does not pay tickets, then they have no one to blame but themselves for undesired attention.

Guess I'm a little short on sympathy tonight for stupidity.

Why don't we just pass a law whereby the police are free to stop and summarily punish anybody Grapeshot finds to be stupid? After all, clearly stupidity is immoral and therefore worthy of punishment by the state, amirite?

Frankly, I think we could all benefit from a little more empathy and a little less smug self-satisfaction. We could definitely all use more Radley Balko:

How municipalities in St. Louis County, Mo., profit from poverty

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why don't we just pass a law whereby the police are free to stop and summarily punish anybody Grapeshot finds to be stupid? After all, clearly stupidity is immoral and therefore worthy of punishment by the state, amirite?

Frankly, I think we could all benefit from a little more empathy and a little less smug self-satisfaction. We could definitely all use more Radley Balko:

How municipalities in St. Louis County, Mo., profit from poverty

That is most unkind and not a little bit insulting. Do not put words or thoughts in my mouth.

I have had tickets for speeding in years past - beat myself up for my own stupidity. Pleaded to be sent to traffic school - found a way to pay for it. THEN I slowed down and never got another ticket........that was over 25 years ago. I now get a safe driver discount on my insurance.

I have great empathy for those less fortunate than I, but too I do not wish to be broad sided by someone driving on a suspended license with no insurance and no assets who has not paid the uninsured motorist fee. My insurance company will at best penalize me for being in the wrong place at the wrong time - they may even refuse to renew my policy (cancel me) forcing me ino higher cost coverage with another company.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Wait, when did the discussion turn from driving on a suspended license and not paying tickets to broadsiding you without insurance?

I get a safe driver discount too, FYI. What about the Balko article?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wait, when did the discussion turn from driving on a suspended license and not paying tickets to broadsiding you without insurance?

I get a safe driver discount too, FYI. What about the Balko article?
Come on Marshall connect the dots.

If an individual is driving on a suspended license and has a raft of unpaid tickets chances are extremely good that they have no insurance and I will be forced to make claim under Uninsured Motorist laws.

So you are upset with me because I do not want to be in a collision with such a vehicle/driver combnation? Get over it.

More importantly when did this thread leave the OP intent of discussing the Man in Wal-Mart ?

If that discussion is dead and over then perhaps I should lock this thread. I do not see the purpose of continuing these most recent posts here which have nothing to do with RKBA or OC. Unfortuneately I participated - my bad.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
If an individual is driving on a suspended license and has a raft of unpaid tickets chances are extremely good that they have no insurance and I will be forced to make claim under Uninsured Motorist laws.

Hah! So you didn't read the Balko article! I thought so – now I know so. :p

So you are upset with me because I do not want to be in a collision with such a vehicle/driver combnation? Get over it.

Straw man. I'll let it slide this time.
eusanaughty.gif

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hah! So you didn't read the Balko article! I thought so – now I know so. :p

Straw man. I'll let it slide this time.
eusanaughty.gif

You are wrong - read it in it's entirety. I just do not completely agree with it.

Having said that, I'm moving to thread lock - off topic is off topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.