• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops Kill Man In Wal-Mart Carrying An Air Rifle That He Might Have Planned To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkingWolf

I think that's kind of obvious. Girlfriend has already come out and said he didn't have a gun upon entering the store. Then the empty box was recovered in the sporting goods area in the rear of the store and the gun and shooting were recovered in the pet section in the front of the store. I would say he wasn't returning or purchasing. If you plan on purchasing, you kind of take the box with you.

If that is true it sorta sounds like suicide by cop, which if that is the case hopefully any video will clear that up. There are only two reasons to take store property out of the box. To inspect and put it back or steal it, and then the third use it in a crime, or forth suicide by cop. Yea I know I said two reasons, but the last two are ones that any sane person would not do.

The Truth

Sure man, you're right - he deserved to be shot and killed for opening an air soft rifle and walking around with it at Wal-Mart - or no, I'm sorry, for not dropping the bb gun fast enough, or turning before he dropped it, or whatever miniscule fraction of a second he was given to reply before these trigger happy tyrants opened fire. I hope you're not a real firearms instructor. It's scary to know that such an irresponsible person is teaching other people firearms safety. I can't believe any reasonable person would stand behind this insanity.

If you are indeed an instructor, I'd hope that you could tell an airsoft replica from a real SCAR at close range.

I guess I'm a "stupid," and irrational, irresponsible person for thinking this way. My apologies.

BTW you spelled Instructor wrong.

Primus

Sure man, you're right - he deserved to be shot and killed for opening an air soft rifle and walking around with it at Wal-Mart - or no, I'm sorry, for not dropping the bb gun fast enough, or turning before he dropped it, or whatever miniscule fraction of a second he was given to reply before these trigger happy tyrants opened fire. I hope you're not a real firearms instructor. It's scary to know that such an irresponsible person is teaching other people firearms safety. I can't believe any reasonable person would stand behind this insanity.

If you are indeed an instructor, I'd hope that you could tell an airsoft replica from a real SCAR at close range.

I guess I'm a "stupid," and irrational, irresponsible person for thinking this way. My apologies.

BTW you spelled Instructor wrong.

Your looking for something that isn't there. Case of guilty before proven innocent.

You assumed the "trigger happy tyrants" just shot the guy for no reason. Other forum members on here have taken the due time to actually wait and sort out the facts of the case. They have and have graciously been providing them with all.

Based on those facts given it appears more and more like a good shoot. Not concrete since we have no video. But pretty close.

So just accept and wait till the next time a real "trigger happy tyrant" shoots a puppy or a kid or grandparent or all three because there will be plenty of jack a** out there who do wrong things. This just wasn't one of them.

Not meant as a personal attack but your post I quoted certainly sounded like a temper tantrum. Also it was laden with personal attacks of other members. Not good...but each to his own.

Be safe.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

The Truth

Your looking for something that isn't there. Case of guilty before proven innocent.

You assumed the "trigger happy tyrants" just shot the guy for no reason. Other forum members on here have taken the due time to actually wait and sort out the facts of the case. They have and have graciously been providing them with all.

Based on those facts given it appears more and more like a good shoot. Not concrete since we have no video. But pretty close.

So just accept and wait till the next time a real "trigger happy tyrant" shoots a puppy or a kid or grandparent or all three because there will be plenty of jack a** out there who do wrong things. This just wasn't one of them.

Not meant as a personal attack but your post I quoted certainly sounded like a temper tantrum. Also it was laden with personal attacks of other members. Not good...but each to his own.

Be safe.

Not sure if you saw Firearms Iinstructor's post calling me stupid, but I think I'm allowed to defend myself against personal attack from someone who I have never had any correspondence with on this forum. You're welcome to read through all of my posts on this forum, as you'll find that I do not personally attack people, and this is the very first instance. It was not my intention to personally attack anyone, but to defend my position. I have learned through this experience whose posts should be ignored from this point forward.

I love how you tell me not to jump to conclusions yet in the same statement you claim the shoot is "probably good shoot." You also have the audacity to claim that I view the POLICE as guilty until proven innocent, when you seem to forget that a man is dead because the police thought of him in the exact same way - found guilty by the judge, jury, and executioner and sentenced to immediate death - by the police. OUT OF FEAR.

I'm not surprised that you think this to be a "good shoot," Primus. Your bias is evident. This is not a personal attack as it is an observation.

The coroner's opinion is that the killing is a homicide, so I'm not sure what "facts" you aware of that I'm not.

Again, the bit of "tantrum" or "emotion" you are sensing is both because an innocent man is dead at the hands of police with no charge against him, and the fact that I was insulted at the mere notion that I do not support the fearful "shoot first, ask later" mentality of the ever increasing militarized nature of police forces in this country.

If you'd like, we could actually debate this by going through our arguments step-by step, backing up every claim with factual evidence. I have no problem with that. It would be hasty, however, until the video is released.

sheepdog

If some one ever points a real or real looking gun at you I hope you have the presents of mine to ask is that real or is it a toy.

Do you really plan to shoot me or are you just fooling around.

Stupid people win stupid prizes.

...if read real carefully...the first statement in this post concerns what one might do should they find themselves in the same type of situation...

...the second statement points out that you don't have time to consider once the weapon is pointed your direction or moving your direction...

...the third statement refers to the deceased in this case...and that he behaved stupidly and reaped the results of his actions...

...nothing in the post can be correctly construed as calling any reader stupid...

Last edited:

The Truth

...if read real carefully...the first statement in this post concerns what one might do should they find themselves in the same type of situation...

...the second statement points out that you don't have time to consider once the weapon is pointed your direction or moving your direction...

...the third statement refers to the deceased in this case...and that he behaved stupidly and reaped the results of his actions...

...nothing in the post can be correctly construed at calling any reader stupid...

Well if it was not directed towards me, I apologize and will probably delete my posts. It seemed like an insinuation to me that "stupid people win stupid prizes" was of course directed towards the man with the BB gun, but then also directed towards anyone who agreed that the shoot was not legitimate in that if it were ME in the same situation, I would simply be a casualty of stupidity.

I think the Constitution exists to protect "stupid people" as well as intelligent people...

But again, my apologies to anyone I have offended. I'll keep my mouth shut from now on and learn to recognize my emotion and harness it as such.

sheepdog

...in fairness to the officers involved, those referring to the rifle held by the deceased as a toy are not being accurate...pellet and even BB guns have been mistaken for "real" guns often, with deadly results...and pellet guns are capable of inflicting great bodily harm and even death on those shot with them...as the stories here, for instance, show... https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=killed+by+a+pellet+gun

WalkingWolf

...in fairness to the officers involved, those referring to the rifle held by the deceased as a toy are not being accurate...pellet and even BB guns have been mistaken for "real" guns often, with deadly results...and pellet guns are capable of inflicting great bodily harm and even death on those shot with them...as the stories here, for instance, show... https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=killed+by+a+pellet+gun

I don't care if it was real or not. The officers were either justified or they were not based on if they or others lives were in danger. That is the big question that has not been answered. Did the man point the gun at officers or any other person that a reasonable person believes was a act of aggression. Sweeping does not count. If the man did indeed point the gun with what appeared to be malice, it was justified. If he was shot for contempt of cop, it was not.

I do not know, and until video is provided we will never know the real truth. I resent the remarks made by one that because some of us are not hanging the cops, that we have come to the conclusion it was a 'good shoot'. That person again is trying to put words in others posts that are not there, he should learn to speak only for himself.

Primus

Not sure if you saw Firearms Iinstructor's post calling me stupid, but I think I'm allowed to defend myself against personal attack from someone who I have never had any correspondence with on this forum. You're welcome to read through all of my posts on this forum, as you'll find that I do not personally attack people, and this is the very first instance. It was not my intention to personally attack anyone, but to defend my position. I have learned through this experience whose posts should be ignored from this point forward.

I love how you tell me not to jump to conclusions yet in the same statement you claim the shoot is "probably good shoot." You also have the audacity to claim that I view the POLICE as guilty until proven innocent, when you seem to forget that a man is dead because the police thought of him in the exact same way - found guilty by the judge, jury, and executioner and sentenced to immediate death - by the police. OUT OF FEAR.

I'm not surprised that you think this to be a "good shoot," Primus. Your bias is evident. This is not a personal attack as it is an observation.

The coroner's opinion is that the killing is a homicide, so I'm not sure what "facts" you aware of that I'm not.

Again, the bit of "tantrum" or "emotion" you are sensing is both because an innocent man is dead at the hands of police with no charge against him, and the fact that I was insulted at the mere notion that I do not support the fearful "shoot first, ask later" mentality of the ever increasing militarized nature of police forces in this country.

If you'd like, we could actually debate this by going through our arguments step-by step, backing up every claim with factual evidence. I have no problem with that. It would be hasty, however, until the video is released.

I say "probably" a good shoot based on the limited info we have. I wasn't there so I don't know.

But I can say its been confirmed that the 911 caller did call out of fear and said that the guy was pointing the gun at kids. The guy did open the gun up at the store and walk around with it pointing it AT people. Been co firmed the gun in question is a pellet gun. That's still a dangerous weapon and does look exactly like a real rifle. Was confirmed that officers told him to drop it. Then he was shot.

Now is there a CHANCE these cops were cold blooded killers or trigger happy tyrants just itching to put down this guy for "contempt of cop". Sure.

But reality is this was a couple officers going TO a guy with a gun who had been pointing it at kids and other citizens . Period. Thats what was told to them guaranteed by dispatch and even more important by civilians on scene most likely. When they got on scene sure enough there's a guy with a gun. Did he point it? Who knows. I don't because I wasn't there. But if they say he did then he did until someone shows me a video or even witnesses that say otherwise. No different then if it was a regular OCer. You say he pointed the gun then he did unless a witness or video says otherwise.

I'd like to hear the dispatch tapes. So some can hear what these guys were going in to. Not away from.

The Truth

I don't care if it was real or not. The officers were either justified or they were not based on if they or others lives were in danger. That is the big question that has not been answered. Did the man point the gun at officers or any other person that a reasonable person believes was a act of aggression. Sweeping does not count. If the man did indeed point the gun with what appeared to be malice, it was justified. If he was shot for contempt of cop, it was not.

I do not know, and until video is provided we will never know the real truth. I resent the remarks made by one that because some of us are not hanging the cops, that we have come to the conclusion it was a 'good shoot'. That person again is trying to put words in others posts that are not there, he should learn to speak only for himself.

You should clarify the emboldened statements so there is no confusion.

@Primus - “We was just talking. He said he was at the video games playing videos and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were. And the next thing I know, he said, ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting and they said, ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him, and I could hear him just crying and screaming. I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human,” LeeCee Johnson, the victim’s girlfriend told reporters.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/co...-bystander-dies-incident/#TzihJ6z3BFxOHCtM.99

Not an eyewitness, but this makes it sound like the man was on the phone while the altercation took place, and it sounds like the cops yelled something to the effect of "drop the gun!" and when he replied with "it's not real!" it sounds like he turned to them as he was saying that it wasn't real and was shot, dying a very short time later.

Hopefully the video leaks soon. I'm checking liveleak every chance I get in hopes of finding it.

solus

i believe we all acknowledge the tragic incident that occurred. however, as numerous members have stated, until a viable, unedited, video is made public (not leaked) we are left to our devices and can only gather information from either slanted news syndicate(s) or person(s) who have an emotional or personal tie or want-a-be tie to the incident.

therefore, the hyperbole and opinions being thrown about do little, to discern the incident's timeline except generate fools fodder for those who are external to this public forum and could use our written OPINION(s) out of context for their own nefarious schemes.

perhaps this action will mitigate the anal nonsense of 'oh my goodness someone called me a name', apologies ~ poffered, and the perceived/real misunderstanding comments of you need to clarify what you said mentality so we could stay on point when viable information is presented by a reliable source.

is because of supermoon the citizens and police are going crazy...
the WalMart event is especially troubling since this morning we had multiple Raleigh PD shoot out in the parking lot in front of a local grocery store. minimal information forth coming from RPD and even WRAL states:
A Raleigh police spokesman wouldn't say how officers ended up at the Food Lion or whether anyone was injured in a shooting.
Additional information was not made available.

ipse

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Beavercreek police chief Dennis Evers stood by his officers’ actions, saying that they fired after Crawford failed to comply with their commands to drop the air rifle

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/07/c...t-he-might-have-planned-to-buy/#ixzz39xOpI7jy

Soooo, anyone with a hearing problem or does not understand the yelling of the cop is sentenced to death?
I seee

Maverick9

Beavercreek police chief Dennis Evers stood by his officers’ actions, saying that they fired after Crawford failed to comply with their commands to drop the air rifle

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/07/c...t-he-might-have-planned-to-buy/#ixzz39xOpI7jy

Soooo, anyone with a hearing problem or does not understand the yelling of the cop is sentenced to death?
I seee

He's wrong, then. Failure to comply with a lawful request IN ABSENCE of a malicious act or movement should not be a death sentence. Should all hard of hearing be killed? Should a confused but not malicious person be killed? I don't think so. There was TIME to wait and distance and cover to allow patience. Reports say it was mere seconds between the command and the shots.

Rules of engagement that apply in foreign countries are not held as a standard here and they should be. Cops have time, number, communications and body armor. They should only be issued lethal equipment sparingly. We need to get rid of the idea of shooting people with multiple rounds for 'officer safety'. Officers could easily stand back and call for backup. Instead they rush in, finally able to go pew-pew, and relieve that boredom of paperwork.
---
I mean they have a gun and boolets, you don't want them to go bad inside the magazine, right? /sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.