Thread: Brooklyn PD being sued

edited

edited
    Last edited by Hareuhal; 11-11-2016 at 10:49 AM.

The complaint 1 August 2014 Case: 1:14-cv-01690-DAP

After putting him in the back of the police truck, Ptlm. Meadows told Mr. Weitzsacker
    that he was “lucky he didn’t resist”, because Ptlm. Meadows would have “shot and killed
    [him] right there” and that he “didn’t want to deal with that before his vacation.”
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-...-Complaint.pdf
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-08-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

2 million is nothing when compared to any violation of a Citizen's Rights. I would award him 10 million if it were up to me. Make it sting for those willing to so brazenly abuse their power or nothing will change. And never settle out of court...

Settling is nothing but hush money. It carries no admission of wrongdoing for the officer and amounts to nothing but the gov't paying you to keep quiet.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    2 million is nothing when compared to any violation of a Citizen's Rights. I would award him 10 million if it were up to me. Make it sting for those willing to so brazenly abuse their power or nothing will change. And never settle out of court...

Settling is nothing but hush money. It carries no admission of wrongdoing for the officer and amounts to nothing but the gov't paying you to keep quiet.
    Easier said than done. How deep are your pockets? This is not cheep litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post

The amount isn't fully up to you. It's up to what your attorney wants to an extent unless you are willing to pay him a guaranteed amount up front instead of a percent of the winnings. In almost ten years of researching law enforcement, I've seen very few lawsuits go to trial. Personal experience with people I know involved, only 2 have ever gone to trial out of maybe 50. The rest are all settled and no city is going to settle for 2 mill.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    The amount isn't fully up to you. It's up to what your attorney wants to an extent unless you are willing to pay him a guaranteed amount up front instead of a percent of the winnings. In almost ten years of researching law enforcement, I've seen very few lawsuits go to trial. Personal experience with people I know involved, only 2 have ever gone to trial out of maybe 50. The rest are all settled and no city is going to settle for 2 mill.
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...2-million.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Very rare then. And that one resulted in death.
    Last edited by JediSkipdogg; 08-10-2014 at 06:37 PM.