Thread: Life in the road police state of Virginia

Life in the road police state of Virginia

ericpetersautos.com/2014/08/06/sexual-battery-speeding/

I drive with trepidation in this police state. On I-95 the speed limit is 70 but doing a completely reasonable 81 will draw the attention of the swinest who drive whatever speed they want with impunity.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-09-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Rule #6 violation
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I drive I-95 almost weekly. (at speeds a "little" above the 70mph limit)
    Sounds like you got a speeding ticket.
    Out-of State plates & aggressive moves in traffic will got you noticed.
    We use folks like you as "Radar Detectors".

Edited to add:
    Clocked @ 93 in a 55!!!
    What did he expect? A pat on the head, and a warning?
    Sounds like the typical Progressive "No such thing as consequences for actions" attitude.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 08-09-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

93 in a 55? I'm GLAD this moron was apprehended, fined and jailed. He richly deserved it. Going that fast is NOT just having the consequences of your own speed, it's so fast that it could cause other drivers to dive out of the way, flinch, or if bumped or the air pressure of passing affected their car, start a chain reaction. I fully support and applaud the >80 reckless driving statute here. I hope he learns his lesson. I'm not happy that he got points and other consequences and hope that gets reduced, but perhaps he didn't check out the law, or he would not have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    93 in a 55? I'm GLAD this moron was apprehended, fined and jailed. He richly deserved it. Going that fast is NOT just having the consequences of your own speed, it's so fast that it could cause other drivers to dive out of the way, flinch, or if bumped or the air pressure of passing affected their car, start a chain reaction. I fully support and applaud the >80 reckless driving statute here. I hope he learns his lesson. I'm not happy that he got points and other consequences and hope that gets reduced, but perhaps he didn't check out the law, or he would not have done that.
    +1

I have family in SE Pennsylvania that I visited occasionally from Charleston via I-95, Virginia and DC, often in a yellow VW NB towing an exotic bicycle. I have to think that there is more going on than just speeding.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.