• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4 Brothers posts no firearms signs

XD40sc

I hear asking permission of owners a lot but if it is a chain would asking management suffice or do you need to email corporate about that?

Likewise, but just for the sake of argument on a forum. Wonder how often it really happens. I do recall one posting where the owner was asked, but the person was a close friend of the owner to begin with.

Jsh

Permission

Likewise, but just for the sake of argument on a forum. Wonder how often it really happens. I do recall one posting where the owner was asked, but the person was a close friend of the owner to begin with.

That's been my primary concern and yes there is the argument for cc into those places but until that is given to you I don't like leaving my weapon in the car or going without it. So how does one go about owners permission for example at "Applebee's" or "longhorn" ?

solus

That's been my primary concern and yes there is the argument for cc into those places but until that is given to you I don't like leaving my weapon in the car or going without it. So how does one go about owners permission for example at "Applebee's" or "longhorn" ?

you ask for the on duty manager, the one in control of the property to step outside so you can have a word. they say yes or no. if no, you know the routine, if yes you go in and sit and have dinner. they will say yes over 50% of the time. oh you should also must make sure the manager is going to be on site the entire time you are there.

ipse

Last edited:

wittmeba

Perhaps it's different in North Carolina, but I don't need a "license" to openly carry a firearm in Virginia. I like your cards, and VCDL has a similar card, but I don't care for the "licensed" part. Even the VCDL card explains on its back that "As a Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit holder, I have No felony or DV convictions, etc." I think even that card could be modified by dropping the language identifying a carrier as having a CHP. All of their points about no felonies, no mental defects, passing a background check and being trained could still be valid.

It seems to me the goals of the creator of the card was to express discontent with a merchants policy, use the opportunity to tell the merchant the good things about a concealed weapon permit holder, suggest change in their policy and attempt to establish comfort for the merchant and customers. And it should accomplish all of those.

Yes, having a CHP kind of "validates" those items, but can't most gun owners say the same thing? I guess it's there just to give the recipient warm, fuzzy feelings about what a good guy the holder is...
Absolutely! The card needs modification to be more applicable to both Open and Concealed Carry and in all states following their laws. I think the card has merits but tries to fill the need for both Open Carry or Concealed Carry and fit all states with varying laws. What should be said on a card for all situations is something like "As a legal gun owner...".

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
It seems to me the goals of the creator of the card was to express discontent with a merchants policy, use the opportunity to tell the merchant the good things about a concealed weapon permit holder, suggest change in their policy and attempt to establish comfort for the merchant and customers. And it should accomplish all of those.

Absolutely! The card needs modification to be more applicable to both Open and Concealed Carry and in all states following their laws. I think the card has merits but tries to fill the need for both Open Carry or Concealed Carry and fit all states with varying laws. What should be said on a card for all situations is something like "As a legal gun owner...".

I like that modified language...

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...The card needs modification to be more applicable to both Open and Concealed Carry and in all states following their laws. I think the card has merits but tries to fill the need for both Open Carry or Concealed Carry and fit all states with varying laws. What should be said on a card for all situations is something like "As a legal gun owner...".

I like that modified language...

Use the word LAWFUL rather than LEGAL.

Love the idea. Might I suggest "As a lawfully-armed citizen" or "As an armed law-abiding citizen"?