• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4 Brothers posts no firearms signs

pnorm

The 4 Brothers at Meadowlark and Robinhood in Winston is now posted no firearms.
I have sent an email to them lodging my complaint and they will no longer get my money at any location.

Has anyone seen other locations posted no firearms?

papa bear

I guess they don't remember the time someone tried to shoot one of their clerks and was saved by a person in the store with a gun

pnorm

Response from 4 Brothers/Beroth Oil:

Thank you so much for being the loyal customer that you are and for bringing this issue to our attention. We are very sorry and disturbed that this upset you as it certainly was not our intent! As avid supporters of our 2nd amendment rights we in no way want you or any other legal permit holder to not feel welcome in our stores!

We posted this notice in response to concerns from our employee's and customers regarding seeing some of our customers openly carrying their firearms inside our stores. Not a thing wrong with open carry other than actually seeing a weapon does frighten people!

We also agree with you that this does nothing regarding criminals.

As a result of your concerns we will be removing these notices and replacing them with No Open Carry Notices. Hopefully you and all other responsible gum owners can understand the concerns some people have when seeing someone enter a store with a weapon!

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!

I responded stating that would make no difference as I open and conceal depending on the day/weather etc.
I'll post any further responses.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Thank you so much for being the loyal customer that you are and for bringing this issue to our attention. We are very sorry and disturbed that this upset you as it certainly was not our intent! As avid supporters of our 2nd amendment rights we in no way want you or any other legal permit holder to not feel welcome in our stores!

We posted this notice in response to concerns from our employee's and customers regarding seeing some of our customers openly carrying their firearms inside our stores. Not a thing wrong with open carry other than actually seeing a weapon does frighten people!

As a result of your concerns we will be removing these notices and replacing them with No Open Carry Notices. Hopefully you and all other responsible gum owners can understand the concerns some people have when seeing someone enter a store with a weapon!

I responded stating that would make no difference as I open and conceal depending on the day/weather etc.

Hmmmm... suppose I said that people wearing red shirts frightened me? Would they post a "No Red Shirts" sign, or would they simply say that I was being paranoid and that my fears had no basis in reality? In the 1950's (and, yes, I'm old enough to remember) there were signs that said "No Colored" and people who called the police because they saw a "colored" person in their neighborhood and were "afraid." We must continue to be firm in our resolve not to patronize companies that discriminate against the 2nd Amendment and States' rights of law abiding citizens.

bc.cruiser

I'm afraid my rebuttal would be that you cannot be an "avid supporter" if you restrict something in any way. If a business cannot have a customer OC because of perception, then my dollars will remain CC in my wallet.

solus

pnorm, excellent try and it just means we spend our hard earned money else where.

ipse

Rusty Young Man

Maybe I'm afraid of _______, and I think they should all be banned because they make me uncomfortable. (HEAVY sarcasm, for whoever didn't want to catch it or chose to ignore it, just like you ignore the facts we OCers bring to the table:lol:).
[Insert any of the following and watch how many feathers are ruffled:rolleyes:: "colored people", "Irish", Jews", Native Americans, Mexicans, gays, ad infinitum].

As JamesCanby pointed out, wouldn't the voicing/practicing of such irrational ideas draw accusations of paranoia or a disconnect from reality (besides the usual "racist", "homophobe", etc. the antis love to throw out)?

SNIP...If your business cannot have a customer OC because of perception, then my dollars will remain CC in my wallet.
(Bolding is MY edit)
I see the potential for a great OC lunch shirt.:D:banana:

Last edited:

pnorm

pnorm, excellent try and it just means we spend our hard earned money else where.

ipse

Thanks.
I seem to have ruffled the feathers of some concealed carriers on another forum for stating I would still not shop there.
Seems they feel it is a big win to allow concealed but no open carry.

Rights slowly turned to privilege with a fee/tax and then rights eventually lost...

solus

Thanks.
I seem to have ruffled the feathers of some concealed carriers on another forum for stating I would still not shop there.

Rights slowly turned to privilege with a fee/tax and then rights eventually lost...

well when you have the 'grass roots' group only pushing CC it happens that way...
ipse

XD40sc

Thanks.

Doesn't ruffle my feathers, it is purely your call.

I also CC into locations where an OC is illegal, primarily a restaurant that serves any alcohol, which is most places I would care to eat.
On the flip side, my credit union is posted "no concealed carry" which would not prohibit OC.

XD40sc

well when you have the 'grass roots' group only pushing CC it happens that way...
ipse

The purpose of GRNC is probably unknown to anyone that is not a gun owner, or in elected office in the state.

solus

The purpose of GRNC is probably unknown to anyone that is not a gun owner, or in elected office in the state.

unless you read the olde thread with the grass root's president preaching his speel of their organization's cc only and automatic weapon agenda.

apparently the agenda is close hold even from the membership from what i read in that thread.

ipse

wittmeba

The 4 Brothers at Meadowlark and Robinhood in Winston is now posted no firearms.
I have sent an email to them lodging my complaint and they will no longer get my money at any location...

Thank you. These businesses need to feel the result and know why it happens.

No open carry is much better :)

Don't forget about printing these:

no-guns-no-money.gif

or pick your handgun:
http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsnomoney/

I think I feel a little different. Here is a business trying to keep "ALL" their customers happy - not just 2A supporters. Their attempt is commendable although it may not be exactly what some would want. Sometimes you have to give a little to take a little and keep working toward your goal.

Thanks for your effort.

Last edited:

XD40sc

unless you read the olde thread with the grass root's president preaching his speel of their organization's cc only and automatic weapon agenda.

apparently the agenda is close hold even from the membership from what i read in that thread.

ipse
First, if they are reading an 'old' thread on a gun/carry forum, they are most likely a gun owner, or are considering purchasing a gun, not a liberal candy ass that wets themselves when someone mentions a gun.

GRNC is also trying to have all records of gun registrations in Durham County destroyed since the legislature eliminated gun registration in the count earlier this year. This effects ALL gun owners, the vast majority of which are NOT CHP holders.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Thank you. These businesses need to feel the result and know why it happens.

No open carry is much better :)

Don't forget about printing these:

no-guns-no-money.gif

or pick your handgun:
http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsnomoney/

I think I feel a little different. Here is a business trying to keep "ALL" their customers happy - not just 2A supporters. Their attempt is commendable although it may not be exactly what some would want. Sometimes you have to give a little to take a little and keep working toward your goal.

Thanks for your effort.

Perhaps it's different in North Carolina, but I don't need a "license" to openly carry a firearm in Virginia. I like your cards, and VCDL has a similar card, but I don't care for the "licensed" part. Even the VCDL card explains on its back that "As a Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit holder, I have No felony or DV convictions, etc." I think even that card could be modified by dropping the language identifying a carrier as having a CHP. All of their points about no felonies, no mental defects, passing a background check and being trained could still be valid.

Yes, having a CHP kind of "validates" those items, but can't most gun owners say the same thing? I guess it's there just to give the recipient warm, fuzzy feelings about what a good guy the holder is...

papa bear

Doesn't ruffle my feathers, it is purely your call.

I also CC into locations where an OC is illegal, primarily a restaurant that serves any alcohol, which is most places I would care to eat.
On the flip side, my credit union is posted "no concealed carry" which would not prohibit OC.

first it is not illegal to OC in a restaurant that serves alcohol, all you have to do is ask the owner

next if it says "no concealed carry" then it is OK to OC. in either case they would have to ask you to leave' and why you would want to pay someone to deny you your civil rights is beyond me.

Jsh

Owners permission

I hear asking permission of owners a lot but if it is a chain would asking management suffice or do you need to email corporate about that?

Last edited: