Thread: Wait ~! Brady's death a homocide ! From gunshot 30+ yrs ago..

Banned

Wait ~! Brady's death a homocide ! From gunshot 30+ yrs ago..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...5c4_story.html

Amazing shot ! Took 33yrs to kill 'em !

Unnecessary and dangerous precedent. Shame on them. Let's hope it's overturned. Now, nobody likes Hinckley, it's the principle.

Centurion
    The coroner is fully in the right to determine a cause and effect.

However, since Mr. Hinckley was charged in both federal and District courts for this crime including the attempted murder of Mr. Brady and found NOT GUILTY by reason of mental defect or illness the prosecution in both Federal and State systems SHOULD be barred from further prosecution of Mr. Hinckley!

Sure would seem to have the elements of DOUBLE JEOPARDY!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    The coroner is fully in the right to determine a cause and effect.

<snip>
    I think that this coroner is going to be out of a job soon. All people have to do is point to the "medical opinion" and know he is a complete idiot.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think that this coroner is going to be out of a job soon. All people have to do is point to the "medical opinion" and know he is a complete idiot.
    The big challenge the coroner MAY have is under cross-examination (if it occurs) being able to testify in a convincing manner to support this conclusion as the MOST likely!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Come on, guys, the point is setting precedent not what Hinckley did. You don't want an assault and battery 20 years ago to be ruled a homicide when the victim dies due to complications.

President Garfield, President Reagan, murder, and jurisdiction By Eugene Volokh

But, some commenters asked, what about Virginia? True, Brady was shot in D.C., but he ultimately died in the Virginia retirement community in which he was living.

Could Virginia authorities therefore prosecute Hinckley for murder because of that? The Court has held that the Double Jeopardy Clause (which would include the collateral estoppel doctrine) doesn’t preclude one sovereign — such as Virginia — from trying someone who has been acquitted in the courts of another sovereign (the United States). And whether Virginia recognizes the year-and-a-day rule (under which an attacker can only be convicted of murder if the death occurs within a year and a day of the attack) is not clear, though Clark v. Commonwealth (Va. 1893) acknowledges the existence of the rule in passing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...-jurisdiction/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    The Life Expectancy of a white male born in 1937 is 63 years. Brady lived well beyond that, 73.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    The Life Expectancy of a white male born in 1937 is 63 years. Brady lived well beyond that, 73.
    So, it was a miracle shot !

This ME is one dope IMO .... Brady lived 33 yrs too long...

Not that unusual and certainly not the first time:

"David Gunby, 58. Gunshot wound of lower back.[79] Died in 2001. Death ruled a homicide."

David Grunby was shot by Charles Whitman, Aug. 1966, 35 years before he died.