• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

since9

Campaign Veteran
"Starbucks: We don't fund Israel."

In today's sociopolitical environment, that's a death wish.

In light of your statement, Starbucks, we the People of the United States of America DON'T FUND STARBUCKS.

EVER.

Please let me know when you've pulled your heads out of your asses...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Could I have some context regarding the Starbucks "statement"?

I buy stuff made in Kuala Lampoor, but that does not mean I "fund" the place. I sent money to pay for pizzas for the IDF in Gaza, but that does not mean I "fund" Israel or support its politics.

What is it that Starbucks is doing to not fund Israel? (You brought it up - I should not have to do more than click a link to find out.)

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
BTW - being against the policies of the State of Israel is not antisemitism.

stay safe.

since9

Campaign Veteran
You're right, the linked editorial is titled 'Jimmy Carter, the pariah president' and John Solomon is the Editor of The Washington Times that linked the epithet pariah with which I agree.

It would seem that your statement, "your quote" makes it clear that they are my personal observations.

I'll add that another potential source of Pariah Carter's animus is his son Chip's summary dismissal from the community, indeed from my class - in the night, driven away in a dark gray limousine - with my own eyes.

Nightmare, my "in" with the SIOP community confirms your observations.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Could I have some context regarding the Starbucks "statement"?

Skid, are you daft, totally void of Internet news, or otherwise incapable of stumbling headlong into basic, everyday news by your own accord? Why are you demanding others provide you with readily available links which are but a Google's instant away?

Lazy!

Sorry, but you earned that label squarely in your forehead: LAZY!!! Grow a brain.

In the meantime, here's the headlines: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...f656ca-1e4e-11e4-ab7b-696c295ddfd1_story.html

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Skid, are you daft, totally void of Internet news, or otherwise incapable of stumbling headlong into basic, everyday news by your own accord? Why are you demanding others provide you with readily available links which are but a Google's instant away?

Lazy!

Sorry, but you earned that label squarely in your forehead: LAZY!!! Grow a brain.

In the meantime, here's the headlines: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...f656ca-1e4e-11e4-ab7b-696c295ddfd1_story.html

I have to admit, I nor nobody else here are as smarter as you,,,,
Although I really do not attribute that designation to my friend skidmark,,, cause HE IS smarter than you...

On this forum it is the job of the OPer to provide the Link!!!

Not for us ALL to look it up and find Just what it is that we were supposed to be seeing...

BTW the link you have finally provided to back up the point of this Stupid thread,,,
has Nothing to do with the Subject of your stupid Subject!

XD40sc

I don't fund StarBuck$

Never have, never will. Their swill is overpriced and tastes like burnt mud.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Lazy!

Your much more specific and helpful link led me to
The Post's View
Our pick in Northern Va.’s special election is Democrat Richard ‘Rip’ Sullivan

Quite obviously a clever scheme to camoflage the Carter/anti-Israel nexus, eh, wot?

I'm more than familiar with Carter's "support" of Hamas at the expense of Israel but am still trying to figure out how you connect that with Starbucks.

I abhore this source, but
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/07/starbucks-israel-donation_n_5659681.html
WASHINGTON -- The global coffee company Starbucks released a statement this week to clarify apparent misconceptions about the company's patronage of Israel.

In a fact sheet updated Aug. 5, Starbucks notes it does not support any political or religious causes, adding that neither Starbucks nor its CEO, Howard Schultz, provides any financial support to the Israeli government or Israeli military.

"Rumors that Starbucks or Howard provides financial support to the Israeli government and/or the Israeli Army are unequivocally false. Starbucks is a publicly held company and as such, is required to disclose any corporate giving each year through a proxy statement," the statement reads.

So where is the nexus between Starbucks and Israel via Carter?

stay safe.

OC for ME

...So where is the nexus between Starbucks and Israel via Carter?

stay safe.
...well, they are close to Israel, there are eight store in seven Amman. 16 in Cairo. 16 in Beirut. I'm sure Carter went to at least on of those cities at some point.

So, Carter went to a city that has a Starbucks in it and those countries border Israel...simplicity itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.