• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

...Scrappy Young Mother Prevails...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
She fought hard, but for not being badly injured why is her arm in a sling?

Some one please buy this young lady some ammo so she won't have to use an unregistered hammer next time.

The Truth

I wouldn't want to fight her...

Like my fiance always says...never mess with a Mama and her baby...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

sheepdog

...somebody oughta donate that gal a good handgun and teach her how to use it...kinda hard to get to a shotgun with a baby in your hands, let alone use it...bet she wouldn't have a problem at this point OCing in her home...like some of us old dogs do...

...hope the locals get those two scum arrested before they decide to get even...

Firearms Iinstuctor

sheepdog

...sadly so, because every woman I've introduced into shooting handguns shoots better than a lot of men I've known...my wife'd never fired a handgun and got 242 of 250 on her license test...they just seem to instinctively point and squeeze...

...the value of a well-trained spouse/daughter to the family's safety is exponential...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
...sadly so, because every woman I've introduced into shooting handguns shoots better than a lot of men I've known...my wife'd never fired a handgun and got 242 of 250 on her license test...they just seem to instinctively point and squeeze...

...the value of a well-trained spouse/daughter to the family's safety is exponential...
A woman, particularly a women with a baby or young child, goes a looong way to destroying the myth that only white haired ol' pharts carry guns.

They are golden & platinum to the cause
icon14.png

and they are taking responsibility as they should.

Last edited:

The Truth

Well it will make you happy to know that we are in the process of outfitting my fiance with a pistol, and she is going to get her CHP as well! I rented her a Sig P238 9mm at the range the other day, but she didn't like it at all. Honestly I didn't like it at all either, and I love Sigs. The slide jammed TWICE in 50 shots I think she is more of a revolver kinda girl, as she has these tiny little kitten paws that keep her from being able to work all the mechanisms on a semi-auto properly. She can't wait to OC, however.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well it will make you happy to know that we are in the process of outfitting my fiance with a pistol, and she is going to get her CHP as well! I rented her a Sig P238 9mm at the range the other day, but she didn't like it at all. Honestly I didn't like it at all either, and I love Sigs. The slide jammed TWICE in 50 shots I think she is more of a revolver kinda girl, as she has these tiny little kitten paws that keep her from being able to work all the mechanisms on a semi-auto properly. She can't wait to OC, however.
Lots of possible reasons for jambs, failure to feed or eject - not the least of which is limp wristing.

I always recommend that someone find a gun that suits their likes - that will be the one they will carry and develop proficiency.

I was a diehard revolver person for years in a previous lifetime. Still hold them in high regard.

sheepdog

...great for you to be introducing her to SD...maybe you can find a range that has a .38 revolver to rent...she may prefer it to semiautos...whatever she chooses, learning to hit every time is most important...since she's going to OC, a 3 or 4" round butt revolver may fit her hands well...

PistolPackingMomma

You mean the 938? Good gun; prefer that over the .380 model. I have kitten paws too, and smaller guns are more difficult to work. Seems counterintuitive, but small hands on a smaller gun don't always equal good fun.

I dislike revolvers because they seem to kick harder, IMO. My personal favorite is a midsize single stack 1911 chambered in 9mm.

As for difficulty with the slide; I think that's more an issue of technique and hesitation. I had difficulty at first because I was pulling the slide instead of the frame, and I was trying to avoid slide bite. If she can try a few different holds on the slide, and use her supporting hand to move the frame instead of the slide when racking, it might be easier.

The Truth

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I actually OC condition 3 ~90% of the time. It's just how I'm comfortable. I actually dry-practice the modified israeli mossad draw every now and then, I just didn't know it was called that. Thanks for the post!

*awaits flame*
It should be noted that even the Israeli military and LE when in a hot zone are in condition 1.

The Truth

Duly noted.

It should also be noted that I apply different carry conditions to different circumstances.

Walking to my truck after getting off work downtown at 3am, or walking outside at night = Condition 1

OCing on a daily basis with my 19 month old daughter = Condition 3

As soon as daughter goes to bed or if I am without my daughter = Condition 2

It just so happens that I am caring for my little girl about 90% of the time :)

You guys are really damn helpful. No sarcasm whatsoever.

Primus

Except u can't shoot one handed that way or from hip. Need full presentation for this to work. It seems close to being as "fast" at closed safe environment like a range. But good luck employing it when SHTF.

Also it says "modified" Israeli mossad draw. What's the original or not modified version?

Also not sure about you guys.... But I'm no mossad agent...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk