• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

...Scrappy Young Mother Prevails...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Could be hard to remember what condition one's handgun is in under stress.

I've seen many strange things happen when the pressure is put on.
Every seen someone try to take the safety off on a traditional revolver? Only to have them pause, look at the handgun, and shake their head in frustration :p

There are those that will carry a 1911 with the manual safety off - it is a redundant feature. Tupper glocks don't normally even have such.

IMHO training/presentation needs to be consistant to properly develop muscle memory.

sheepdog

Except u can't shoot one handed that way or from hip. Need full presentation for this to work. It seems close to being as "fast" at closed safe environment like a range. But good luck employing it when SHTF.

Also it says "modified" Israeli mossad draw. What's the original or not modified version?

Also not sure about you guys.... But I'm no mossad agent...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

...since I was a lad, I've heard and read of the Israelis carrying empty chamber...seemed nutty to me...till I saw demonstrations by the FBI at police academy showing us how easy it is to rake the slide on our holster, belt, or down the side of our pants and chamber a round...finger off trigger, of course...as I carried a Combat Commander, I practiced till I was good at it...not because I carried chamber empty, but in case I lost the use of a hand...safely done, it's fast and sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMsAvWOEj-k

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

...since I was a lad, I've heard and read of the Israelis carrying empty chamber...seemed nutty to me...till I saw demonstrations by the FBI at police academy showing us how easy it is to rake the slide on our holster, belt, or down the side of our pants and chamber a round...finger off trigger, of course...as I carried a Combat Commander, I practiced till I was good at it...not because I carried chamber empty, but in case I lost the use of a hand...safely done, it's fast and sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMsAvWOEj-k

Operating the slide by one above techniques we taught all recruits going through our academy just for that reason a disabled hand.

Carrying one way or the other, 3 ways are just to confusing for me too easy to forget what one your in.

Primus

Operating the slide by one above techniques we taught all recruits going through our academy just for that reason a disabled hand.

Carrying one way or the other, 3 ways are just to confusing for me too easy to forget what one your in.

It's still taught and practiced. Using the bottom of a boot or pant leg, belt line, etc. All to charge the pistol.

But like you said its as a oh crap drill I can only use one hand. Just never understood any benefit of not carrying chambered.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Firearms Iinstuctor

I had a client till me he had to carry with a empty chamber just to be sure it was safe.

The first drill that we did that put a little pressure on him. Guess what he drew and went click the next drill was with him sitting in chair facing the target. I held his left arm and told him to shoot. His first reaction was not to do the slide on some thing drill to load his weapon but was to say "but my weapons not loaded"

The KISS theory works the best when SHTF happens.

Last edited: