Thread: Doomberg, others target Sheriff David Clarke, spend hundreds of thousands of $$$

Doomberg, others target Sheriff David Clarke, spend hundreds of thousands of $$$

On Tuesday, voters in Milwaukee County, Wis. will decide whether they’ll give controversial Sheriff David Clarke Jr. - a staunch supporter of Second Amendment rights known for his outspoken ads -- another term in office or side with his opponent, police lieutenant Chris Moews.

Clarke made headlines last year after he spent money on a radio ad that urged citizens to enroll in firearms classes following budget cuts. He told residents in the 30-second commercial to “point that barrel center mass and pull the trigger” because “911 is not our best option.”

He also said that personal safety is no longer a spectator sport and told citizens, "I need you in the game."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cmp=latestnews

John R. Lott, Jr.: "I have met Sheriff Clarke and I have had the chance to be interviewed by him on his radio show. If Bloomberg's money makes a difference in this race, it is something that we will hear a lot about."
    http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2014/0...n-control.html
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    On Tuesday, voters in Milwaukee County, Wis. will decide whether they’ll give controversial Sheriff David Clarke Jr. - a staunch supporter of Second Amendment rights known for his outspoken ads -- another term in office or side with his opponent, police lieutenant Chris Moews.

Clarke made headlines last year after he spent money on a radio ad that urged citizens to enroll in firearms classes following budget cuts. He told residents in the 30-second commercial to “point that barrel center mass and pull the trigger” because “911 is not our best option.”

He also said that personal safety is no longer a spectator sport and told citizens, "I need you in the game."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cmp=latestnews

John R. Lott, Jr.: "I have met Sheriff Clarke and I have had the chance to be interviewed by him on his radio show. If Bloomberg's money makes a difference in this race, it is something that we will hear a lot about."
    http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2014/0...n-control.html
    Bloomberg!, Bloomberg! I cannot say what I would like too about this #@%!*#! ya know, forum rules and all.

Clarke may come across how you want a Sheriff to be. But he is a full blown narcissist and exhibits every symptom of that personality disorder to the Nth degree. He is a real [expletive deleted] to work for and treats his employess like [racial slur deleted].

It does not enhance safety for the public to be served by disgruntled deputies and correction officers whose morale is at zero and has been for the past 12 years.

If it takes the likes of a scumbag like Bloomberg to end the political career of this megalomaniac, SO BE IT!
    Last edited by pkbites; 08-12-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Clarke may come across how you want a Sheriff to be. But he is a full blown narcissist and exhibits every symptom of that personality disorder to the Nth degree. He is a real [expletive deleted] to work for and treats his employess like [racial epitaph deleted][sic erat scriptum].

It does not enhance safety for the public to be served by disgruntled deputies and correction officers whose morale is at zero and has been for the past 12 years.

If it takes the likes of a scumbag like Bloomberg to end the political career of this megalomaniac, SO BE IT!
    Oh, well said, well thought out!

It is not generally an objective of a manager to be well liked by employees, but to accomplish his commission.

Writing that I thought back to my worst managers, one of whom taught me that even a broken system/protocol must be used, if only to demonstrate its failings.

The word is epithet unless you claim an eggcorn.

It is not generally an objective of a manager to be well liked by employees, but to accomplish his commission.
    I was there 20 years before Clarke showed up and honorably retired and went to another agency 5 years after he got put there by that meathead Scott Mccallum. I have reference in which to base my opinions.

Clarke is not an effective leader and is not a fiscal conservative. The way he overspends the taxpayers money is nothing short of scandalous. His "commission" is about his own glory and ego.

Just because he babbles a few talking points on the radio that you like to hear does not make him the right man for the job. I got up early this morning and voted in the democratic primary against him.

Why don't you research the huge decline in actual criminal investigations and arrests made by the S.O. since Clarke took over. That agency is no longer a law enforcement agency but a tool for his inflated sense of self worth.

LOL I wasn't challenging your opinions as a disgruntled employee. I was challenging your understanding of management in general, and of law enforcement management in particular. That Sheriff Clarke has been elected and re-elected belies your gruntle.

LOL I wasn't challenging your opinions as a disgruntled employee. I was challenging your understanding of management in general, and of law enforcement management in particular. That Sheriff Clarke has been elected and re-elected belies your gruntle.
    I was in management in the end. As were quite a few that retired earlier than they originally intended. Clarke and his flying monkey lackeys made sure that there was no dissent over his mishandling of the office. A few made it miserable to the many and greatly disserved the county populace. I did not want to be a detective working in the jail because I stepped on the wrong egg shell. (and yes, detectives did end up working in the jail on floor control simply for rubbing the fur in the wrong direction).

If not this year, eventually Clarke will be gone and the office will return to actually being a law enforcement agency. You will be stunned at the difference that will make to the safety of the community.

And BTW, your observation of his reelection justifying his operation is no more reasonable than the reelection of Obama being representative of his competence. It is simply an indictment of the deep ignorance of the voting public.

We have precisely the government that we deserve, good and bad, good and hard.

Clarke may come across how you want a Sheriff to be. But he is a full blown narcissist and exhibits every symptom of that personality disorder to the Nth degree. He is a real [expletive deleted] to work for and treats his employess like [racial epitaph deleted].

Every employee in every field of work can give the same Bxx Axx story. But not all managers are hot heads either. All we want is a sheriff that respects, obeys and fulfills his/her constitutional oath first. We got too many leos/sheriffs who don't, like one here in Pierce County

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Every employee in every field of work can give the same Bxx Axx story. But not all managers are hot heads either. All we want is a sheriff that respects, obeys and fulfills his/her constitutional oath first. We got too many leos/sheriffs who don't, like one here in Pierce County
    So, you don't even live in Milwaukee County, nor have you ever worked for that a** Clown yet you defend him based on what? A few favorable sound bites the guy does on talk radio?

Clarke doesn't even want to be Sheriff, he wants to be a warden. The majority of his focus is now on the courts and the jail as opposed to actual public safety in the field.

He criticizes local police departments yet his agency does little (2% county wide per the DA's office) actual law enforcement.

During his tenure he has cut staff by almost 2/3 but consistantly goes over budget by millions with huge amounts of paid overtime. It would cost the taxpayers less to increase staff and pay less overtime, and it would enhance public safety.
    Doing more with less is an admirable goal, but Clarke has failed miserably at it.

Due to the low morale and rotten work conditions he has more employees on FMLA than any other agency in the state.

He has foolishly spent taxpayer funds on unnecessary programs and equipment, yet he has cut vital services and duties previously provided by the Sheriffs Office.

Cronyism is a norm in politics as well as police work. But clarke has taken it to a ridiculous extreme, promoting unqulified people to important positions, and then CYA when they screw up.

Just because he appears to hold our belief on 1 issue should not earn him our support. He is also guilty of political cowardice. He should at very least run as a Republican, the party he casts the appearance of identifing with. Though, upon closer scrutiny he does not exhibit many of their cherished traits: He is not a fiscal conservative, he is not a respected leader, he is not an efficient manager, and he quite simply is not an effective law enforcement officer.

It is time for him to go!

Well, it appears he's not going anywhere any time soon. I've always suspected his 2A attitude was donned for political expediency. But that's just my personal feeling, which is all I have in this case. . . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Well, Runnigwolf has a point.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ke-pro-gun-sh/

The cowboy hat places the period at the end of the story.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    Well, it appears he's not going anywhere any time soon. I've always suspected his 2A attitude was donned for political expediency. But that's just my personal feeling, which is all I have in this case. . . .
    Even if Clarke holds our values they are trumped by all his other failings.

The voters have once again been conned by his cowboy persona while they pay for his incompetence.

He has gutted the Sheriffs office to remove actual patrol deputies and investigators from the streets. His mismanagement has cost millions in overtime at the jail. And morale among remaining staff is so low the quality of the services the public receives is diminished.

Like Nightmare said, we have the government we deserve.

Garbage in, garbage out!

So, you don't even live in Milwaukee County, nor have you ever worked for that a** Clown yet you defend him based on what? A few favorable sound bites the guy does on talk radio?

Clarke doesn't even want to be Sheriff, he wants to be a warden. The majority of his focus is now on the courts and the jail as opposed to actual public safety in the field.

He criticizes local police departments yet his agency does little (2% county wide per the DA's office) actual law enforcement.

During his tenure he has cut staff by almost 2/3 but consistantly goes over budget by millions with huge amounts of paid overtime. It would cost the taxpayers less to increase staff and pay less overtime, and it would enhance public safety.
    Doing more with less is an admirable goal, but Clarke has failed miserably at it.

Due to the low morale and rotten work conditions he has more employees on FMLA than any other agency in the state.

He has foolishly spent taxpayer funds on unnecessary programs and equipment, yet he has cut vital services and duties previously provided by the Sheriffs Office.

Cronyism is a norm in politics as well as police work. But clarke has taken it to a ridiculous extreme, promoting unqulified people to important positions, and then CYA when they screw up.

Just because he appears to hold our belief on 1 issue should not earn him our support. He is also guilty of political cowardice. He should at very least run as a Republican, the party he casts the appearance of identifing with. Though, upon closer scrutiny he does not exhibit many of their cherished traits: He is not a fiscal conservative, he is not a respected leader, he is not an efficient manager, and he quite simply is not an effective law enforcement officer.

It is time for him to go!
    Pikbites calm down! He is popular though. The dumb aXX voters don't know how to vote I suppose. I get that. If you are so upset, throw your hat in the ring and run for the sheriff.

Pickbites you have a bone to pick with nik clark

Greetings in Freedom,

Over a year ago, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke released a series of common sense public service announcements about personal safety and in doing so, took a bold and controversial public stance in support of something that shouldn't have been so bold and controversial. It should't be bold nor controversial to support an individuals human right to self-defense. It shouldn't be bold nor controversial to suggest that people have a duty to protect themselves and their families. It shouldn't be bold nor controversial to support the freedoms guaranteed in the 2nd Amendment of our constitution. Every elected official swears an oath to uphold the constitution. What does it say about our government, when other elected officials who swore the same oath, find speaking about the constitution publicly so offensive?

The fact that a common sense constitutionally affirmed concept, coming from the mouth of an elected official, Sheriff Clarke, who's job description revolves around law and order and public safety, WAS controversial and went viral nationally shows you how far the public sentiment among a *portion* of this country's population has slipped into dependence and ignorance.

Sheriff Clarke didn't stop there. His support of the 2nd Amendment was hailed by freedom-minded self-reliant Americans, and demonized by heartless anti-gun elitists who would have your RIGHT to life be entirely dependent on government. The same heartless anti-gun elitists would rather have you die waiting for 911 and police to come save you, than exercise your moral authority to use the greatest self-defense tool in the history of mankind, a gun, to protect yourself from repeat violent criminals that *these* *very* *same* heartless anti-gun elitists and *their* softer than soft on crime policies put right back on the streets to terrorize, murder, rape, and assault the law-abiding.

Sheriff Clarke didn't stop by encouraging people to protect themselves, though that alone was plenty to enrage the heartless big-government establishment. He went on to tell the truth about crime and punishment (or lack of) in Milwaukee. He took all that he had learned over the past 30 years in law-enforcement and did something the big-government anti-freedom establishment in Milwaukee found even more offensive. He used his national platform and exposed their phony excuses for "crime policy". He told the truth, and in doing so, demonstrated the EPIC FAILURE of big city politics when it comes to public safety.

You see, crime in Milwaukee would just be crime in Milwaukee if not for the fact that the impotent talking head politicians in Milwaukee use the backdrop of a crime-scene to stand behind podiums for press conferences and blame your right to carry for their failure to deal with crime. Its absolutely shameful... and Sheriff Clarke knew it, and he said it. He told the truth... ...and the truth posses a catastrophic threat to an entire political philosophy these heartless politicians live and get elected based on.

Their existence was threatened, and they knew it.

A couple weeks ago, I suggested that this race was one of the most important races in the country for gun rights. Sheriff Clarke put his career and job on the line by supporting the 2nd Amendment AND telling the truth about crime in Milwaukee over the last couple years. A loss would scare every pro-gun politician across the country, in areas where being pro-gun isn't apropos, back into the closet. A victory would represent a breakthrough moment in the regional and national discussion when it comes to self-defense, and public safety.

If anyone scoffed at my contention this race was the most important in the country when it came to gun rights and freedom, the nearly 3/4 of a million dollars that was thrown into the race launching attack ads against Sheriff Clarke a few days later from state and national anti-gun, anti-freedom groups was proof positive. Anti-gun former New York Mayor Bloomberg himself threw over $150,000 in attack ads against Sheriff Clarke.

On Tuesday August 12th the people of Milwaukee County, bolstered by the encouragement and efforts of people ALL across this state and all across this country, proved that freedom in the hands of millions can trump the power and money of the anti-gun political elites in this country. Usually, the most money wins elections, but not yesterday.

To everyone who made a donation, shared your support of Sheriff Clarke: on social media, with friends, co-workers, relatives... Or if you live in Milwaukee County and went out to vote for freedom yesterday, thank-you for all you have done. Freedom begets Freedom, and Sheriff Clarke's victory will have an effect far beyond the borders of Milwaukee County.

The fight is not over. If we know anything about the anti-gun, anti-freedom crowd, its that they are relentless. They will regroup, they will continue to attack freedom.

I do hope that today, you take a moment to smile, take a deep breath, and take in the smell of freedom in the air. Know the role you played in making this victory for freedom possible, and know that in the future, your efforts can lead to continued victories for freedom.

Carry On,

Nik Clark
    Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    nik@wisconsincarry.org
    www.wisconsincarry.org
    www.facebook.com/wisconsincarry
    www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry

Pickbites ?

The Sheriffs position on gun rights is fairly irrelevant. Sure, he could possibly have his deputies harrass law abiding citizens who were exercising their rights. But the way Wisconsin law is written now that would not bode well for them.

The sheriff has no effect as to the legality of open carry, CCW, or the laws of self defense.

I find it appalling that some of you find his mismanagement acceptable simply because he babbles a few things on talk radio from time to time. He consistently overspends taxpayer money due to his mismanagement, and today the first thing he said was he wanted more.

Any other pol who mishandled an agency in his charge the same way Clarke does would be out on his ear.

I worked for two different sheriffs in my career before I went to a state agency,

They are nothing but political animals their major concern is getting reelected.

Having a major Law enforcement executive on the pro gun side is a major win for gun rights.

His other policy's I can not comment on but as with the sheriffs I work for then main concern was getting reelected and didn't care or worry about who or what they stepped on to get that done.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 08-13-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Having a major Law enforcement executive on the pro gun side is a major win for gun rights.
    Maybe so. But it's trumped by the fact that Clarke is a train wreck in every other category.

You'll notice that nobody has refuted my disparages of Clarke about cutting services, going way over budget, promoting unqualified screw ups, etc, etc, etc..

Maybe so. But it's trumped by the fact that Clarke is a train wreck in every other category.

You'll notice that nobody has refuted my disparages of Clarke about cutting services, going way over budget, promoting unqualified screw ups, etc, etc, etc..
    Okay, I'm convinced, but you also ought to take it upon yourself to expose, in a venue that will have more effect, every aspect of his irresponsible, narcissistic, self.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Okay, I'm convinced, but you also ought to take it upon yourself to expose, in a venue that will have more effect, every aspect of his irresponsible, narcissistic, self.
    The problem was, and I saw it coming, Moews went in the wrong direction in his election. And there was nothing the likes of me could do.

Clarke is a narcissistic axxclown, but pointing that out isn't going to win elections. Moews needed to hammer the cuts in services and duties, the massive overtime spending, the mismanagement, and the low morale of staff. He touched on it in the beginning, but then faded in intensity. He needed to pick a fight with Clarke.

He also should have rejected any help from Blobberg. Nothing motivates the right (including me) like that commie lib. But in this single election the end justified the means and I looked the other way.

And I challenge any of you here: looking at Clarke failings, minus his gun rights stance tell me you would support him. Go on, tell me. I didn't think so.

Clarke was lucky in that there were no major primaries on the Republican side. Had there been, he would not have received the crossover votes and he would have lost. Look at the numbers if you don't believe me.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...253583691.html

The cowboy hat person will have to stay demo if he wants to have a chance of fullfilling his fantasy of being mayor of brewtown.