Thread: Wheel Chair Holster / Handicapp Holster

Wheel Chair Holster / Handicapp Holster

Hello Everyone,

I was asked to post this here by a friend on Facebook.

This is custom leg holster for use by people confined to a wheel chair. Chris with Custom Tactics www.customtactics.com and myslef came up with. Pictures attached for your enjoyment. If you have any questions please feel free to contact myself on Facebook. Or Chris at Custom Tactics. This is a one of a kind holster for now. If you are confined to a wheel chair and want to open carry this is the holster for you.

Attachment 11886
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-10 19.00.40.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	11890  

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    There are different solutions to wheelchair carry: chair mounts, cross draw, shoulder rigs, and drop leg. Its a matter of person choice and comfort. Thank you for bringing this one to our attention.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Other concealed carry wheelchair methods, the blanket over the lap carry

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There are different solutions to wheelchair carry: chair mounts, cross draw, shoulder rigs, and drop leg. Its a matter of person choice and comfort. Thank you for bringing this one to our attention.
    There is also, the oft-forgotten GOTCHA method
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

From that picture, all I see is a standard belt holster and two straps of cordura nylon to hold it to the bent leg. What makes it especially custom for a wheelchair?

How do the straps secure on the back side of the leg, or is it one strap that does both directions?

I'm a bigger fan of crossdraw for seated positions. The weapon is far more secure and out of the way.

But your mileage may vary, of course.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip