• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

David v. Goliath in WA initiatives battle

Dave Workman

(And a big thanks to all the members who have kicked in so far to the I-591 campaign effort)

http://wagunrights.org

Wash. activists battling billionaire bucks over gun rights, privacy :cuss:

Another big bucks infusion from billionaire Steve Ballmer and his wife, Connie to the Initiative 594 campaign, reported by the Seattle P-I.com, shows what Washington state grassroots gun rights activists are up against in their battle to prevent government gun confiscation without due process, while also resisting what they consider an extremist gun control measure that even the state’s rank-and-file police and sheriff’s deputies oppose.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wash-activists-battling-billionaire-bucks-over-gun-rights-privacy

Alpine

Great article Dave. I just chipped a few more bucks.

Come on people, let's get those donations rolling in.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I saw my first pro 594 commercial tonight. If the people ONLY knew what was in those 18 pages being touted as "Background Checks."

I have made the decision tonight, that if 594 passes, I'm done with this state. It will become another part of California and I just can't live under those rules. The fishing & Hunting rules are so far out of hand that it now takes a lawyer to sort out when and what you can fish for, on one of the rivers. Don't get me started on hunting.

OC Freedom

I saw my first pro 594 commercial tonight. If the people ONLY knew what was in those 18 pages being touted as "Background Checks."

I have made the decision tonight, that if 594 passes, I'm done with this state. It will become another part of California and I just can't live under those rules. The fishing & Hunting rules are so far out of hand that it now takes a lawyer to sort out when and what you can fish for, on one of the rivers. Don't get me started on hunting.

594 was one very big reason besides others that pushed me to leave Washington and move to Idaho. Moving to Idaho cost me over 25k in selling my home, buying another, and other miscellaneous expenses. Was it worth it? Yes it was. I understand your frustration and I do hope it fails, but I think it will pass, for most Washingtonians are liberal sheep.

Alpine

The defeatism I'm seeing is sick and ill-placed.

This is a mid-term election. Even liberals admit they are at a disadvantage during those. Heck, half the liberal rags are already putting out articles saying they expect to lose the Senate.

Not only that, remember 696 and how the polls said it would pass by 70%, then remember what it failed by? The NRA has come out against 594 so I guess it remains to be seen how much money the NRA will spend here fighting it between now and election day.

OC Freedom

This is a mid-term election. Even liberals admit they are at a disadvantage during those. Heck, half the liberal rags are already putting out articles saying they expect to lose the Senate.

Not only that, remember 696 and how the polls said it would pass by 70%, then remember what it failed by? The NRA has come out against 594 so I guess it remains to be seen how much money the NRA will spend here fighting it between now and election day.

For me it is more about living in a state that is moving in the direction of less gun restrictions or restrictions in general. I am amazed how many people that I have spoken too that have moved to Idaho from Oregon and Washington to escape the liberal leanings and come to a state more in line with their conservative values.

I like the fact if I want to talk on my cell while driving, I can, for its legal to do so, or ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Freedom is better than safety and regulation to me and Washington is too regulated for my liking.

In Spokane, were I lived, the city passed a law that if an adult rides a bicycle in city limits they must wear a helmet or risk being fined. I am glad I got out of Washington.

Alpine

Given Idaho ' s income tax that's absurd. At least with a sales tax I can control how I am taxed and everyone pays.

OC Freedom

Given Idaho ' s income tax that's absurd. At least with a sales tax I can control how I am taxed and everyone pays.

I make out in other ways like on my water bill. We have pressurized irrigation here which saves so, so, soooo, much money on watering my front and back yard. My car insurance is so much less, but I am not slamming those folks that want to stay in Washington. I am glad some want to stay and fight oppression from libtards. Good luck.

acmariner99

Wow - yes there is potential for 594 to pass, but I find it funny that if there is a slip here that people want to jump ship. If WA becomes May Issue and starts banning "assault weapons" then I will become concerned. BTW - I will take WA's no income tax over ID any day. Excise taxes are lousy, but I don't buy that kind of stuff anyway.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
So they get a little extra money from new york and everyone is afraid. You should be. Get the Vote out. Call, write, visit your friends and encourage them to vote. Do not let the "other side" take it away because you got complacent. Citizenship is a VERB people, get up and do something about it............or there is the below option.

Dave Workman

The BAD NEWS:
NRA has put in a paltry $25,000 on their own campaign against I-594...they're not coordinating with POGR or WeCARE at all, far as I can tell.

http://www.the-minuteman.org/2014/08/11/where-the-f-is-the-nra/

I'm hoping the NRA jumps big time into this with a barrage of NO on 594 advertising. If this passes in WA, there will be brush fires erupting all over the landscape.

Washington Arms Collectors
GOAL
Citizens Committee

they have all stepped up to the plate. Alas, we don't have any billionaires on our side. But we've got people, and we've got VOTES. All we need is for all the people to vote. No excuses. YES on I-591 NO on 594

And don't become a head-in-the-rectum contrarian on this by voting no on both. The ONLY way to derail 594 is to pass I-591. And hopefully with a bigger margin than 594, which will get the brain-dead Pavlovian Seattle "yes" vote because libs love being sheep.

And we're fighting media bias:

Looking for ‘loopholes?’ Check press coverage of dueling Wash. initiatives

In its latest attempt at what might be considered advocacy journalism to prop up Initiative 594, the Seattle Times last night published another story dealing with accused Seattle Pacific University shooting suspect Aaron Ybarra and how people wonder why this “suicidal, psychotic 27-year-old was allowed to have a gun in the first place.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/loo...ck-press-coverage-of-dueling-wash-initiatives

(This ought to be fun in the 'comments' section. Keep an eye on it. The first remark right out of the chute was about the 'transfer' trap in I-594. Feel free to jump in there, too!)

77zach

Sorry Washingtonians, you're screwed. Universal "background checks" has a nice ring to it and when the average low information Amerikan voter sees it on the ballot, it will be irresistible. Wa is my birthplace and this really sucks because these efforts will spread.

Alpine

Does mid-term election mean anything to you guys?

Also, now that 502 passed do you think the average stoner in Seattle will remember to mail in their ballot? We can defeat 594...

Cheer up! Donate some money to POGR and CCRKBA!

Last edited:

jsanchez

Stop being a bunch of cowards....

Lets start advertising on buses and media about don't be a victim join the 455,000 conceal carry people.

And when the economy crashes or the grid goes down or any other disaster happens, and assault rifle comes in handy protecting you from large groups of people. I for one am going to start pushing the seattle city council to adopt victim proofing to save tax payers money. Victim proofing consists of informing the public who the victims of crime are and firearms training to protect them.

EMNofSeattle

Does mid-term election mean anything to you guys?

Also, now that 502 passed do you think the average stoner in Seattle will remember to mail in their ballot? We can defeat 594...

Cheer up! Donate some money to POGR and CCRKBA!

Exactly, 594 may pass but it's not a done deal. The campaign season hasn't even started yet, initiatives always enjoy good poll numbers before voters learn the issue..... Look at last years GMO initiative.

Too many defeatists. Let's fight the battle