Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save the date - Sunday Oct 5th

Save the date - Sunday Oct 5th

Can't say much right now. Waiting for stars to align.

If the stars do align you will not want to miss what happens.

Watch this space for further details.

(Yes, I'm trying to build excitement for whatever it is if the stars align. If not, you can dump on me.)

stay safe.

PIG ROAST! Open/CC/No Carry Pig Roast! Sunday, Oct 5th - 1PM till dusk

--see post #6 for details--
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-23-2014 at 03:11 AM. Reason: To bump main topic
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Waiting and hopin' I cans dip.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

In the loop.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I'd be kinda in the loop, too, if I knew WHERE the stars might align on Sunday, October 5th....
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

First - the "Why" : mostly because I feel like it, but it's been in the back of my head as a way of saying "Thank You" ever since the Ferry Tale (Chapter One) ended.

Second - the "Where?" : http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ Dorey Park in Henrico County. Go get directions and suchlike for your GPS before everybody else wears them out. We will be at Shelters 4, 5, and 6.

Third : "Why Henrico? Aren't they anti-gun?" Why, yes. Grasshoper. You are beginning to understand. Be sure to see if I was able to pull off a coup with regards to that.

Fourth : "Will this be worth my time travelling all the way from __?" : Roast whole hog for approximately the first 100 folks to get plates. Beef ribs in case any of you infidels do not eat pork. The usual sides and drinks. And all at no charge - except for Grapeshot who will get to participate for free.

Bring things to amuse yourselves from 1PM till somewhere between 4PM and 5PM when the pigs should be ready. Check the website http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ for stuff they have there you can use to distract yourself/get into trouble with till the food is ready.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - both ears, the tail, and the snout are reserved. Those among you who are feeling upset about that can talk to me the day of the event about having them auctioned off, with the proceeds going to one of the gun rights organizations.

Other Important Stuff : While the wearing of BBQ Guns is highly encouraged, remember that they can only be admired while properly holstered. Clothing with pro-gun rights insignia/statements are encouraged. However, statements encouraging violence, disobedience of the law, the "F" word, or outright insults to any group or occupational field are unwelcome*. If you think your clothing might be offensive it probably is so bring something to cover it up/change into.

Have I missed anything - except that I'm looking forward to seeing a whole lot of you there?

stay safe.

* - my pig roast, my rules. Which means it's going to have to be outright seditious to get censored. Merely tacky is the problem of the wearer.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I've been told I have not reminded folks to bring a comfy chair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY

At your own risk, bring comfy chairs to sit on/in.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Now someone wants to know if they can bring their pet.

If it's allowed in the park rules and you clean up after it I don't see why not. I will draw the line, however, at lizards and snakes and spiders.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Thumbs up

Calendar marked, leave requested for the 6th. expect to be late getting back to the Shore.

Be good to see y'all again.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

2 Possible. All depends on when the stars align for current client due then!

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    2 Possible. All depends on when the stars align for current client due then!
    Don't think we have ever had a birthing at an OC event.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't think we have ever had a birthing at an OC event.
    LOL well you still wouldn't but it would hinder my ability to be there : )

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    LOL well you still wouldn't but it would hinder my ability to be there : )
    What, seriously, are your objections?

I mean besides have the birth certificate say it was born in Henrico?

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    Not my birth.

stay safe.
    No thanks I deal with maternity patients enough at work.: D

sent using tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Ah over in my neck of the woods! If I'm off work I'll look forward to hearing the tale of your username and its origin, haha, and of course seeing a few familiars hopefully!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

To bump the main event

First - the "Why" : mostly because I feel like it, but it's been in the back of my head as a way of saying "Thank You" ever since the Ferry Tale (Chapter One) ended.

Second - the "Where?" : http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ Dorey Park in Henrico County. Go get directions and suchlike for your GPS before everybody else wears them out. We will be at Shelters 4, 5, and 6.

Third : "Why Henrico? Aren't they anti-gun?" Why, yes. Grasshoper. You are beginning to understand. Be sure to see if I was able to pull off a coup with regards to that.

Fourth : "Will this be worth my time travelling all the way from __?" : Roast whole hog for approximately the first 100 folks to get plates. Beef ribs in case any of you infidels do not eat pork. The usual sides and drinks. And all at no charge - except for Grapeshot who will get to participate for free.

Bring things to amuse yourselves from 1PM till somewhere between 4PM and 5PM when the pigs should be ready. Check the website http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ for stuff they have there you can use to distract yourself/get into trouble with till the food is ready.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - both ears, the tail, and the snout are reserved. Those among you who are feeling upset about that can talk to me the day of the event about having them auctioned off, with the proceeds going to one of the gun rights organizations.

Other Important Stuff : While the wearing of BBQ Guns is highly encouraged, remember that they can only be admired while properly holstered. Clothing with pro-gun rights insignia/statements are encouraged. However, statements encouraging violence, disobedience of the law, the "F" word, or outright insults to any group or occupational field are unwelcome*. If you think your clothing might be offensive it probably is so bring something to cover it up/change into.

Have I missed anything - except that I'm looking forward to seeing a whole lot of you there?

stay safe.

* - my pig roast, my rules. Which means it's going to have to be outright seditious to get censored. Merely tacky is the problem of the wearer.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-23-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Looking forward to it.

We'll bring dominoes and Fluxx cards. If you don't know Fluxx, remember -- draw one, play one. Fewer rules than gun safety!
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

The wife and I will try and make it. I'm not sure what she has on her calendar for that weekend.
    You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office

adding to my already full calendar

I can bring the "Wee Beastie" and the "Polar Bear" if I tire them out first. If I did not tire them out first, the smoker and the furniture could get knocked over.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    I can bring the "Wee Beastie" and the "Polar Bear" if I tire them out first. If I did not tire them out first, the smoker and the furniture could get knocked over.
    Indeed they would be giants amongst men. Hook them to the front bumper of your vehicle and save gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Looking forward to it.

We'll bring dominoes and Fluxx cards. If you don't know Fluxx, remember -- draw one, play one. Fewer rules than gun safety!
    darn, thought we could try shooting out the center of the cards after they were tacked on trees. additionally, i am sure much to the consternation of a multitude of ppl, i am not holding the cards, or the tiles, while you shot at them!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    darn, thought we could try shooting out the center of the cards after they were tacked on trees. additionally, i am sure much to the consternation of a multitude of ppl, i am not holding the cards, or the tiles, while you shot at them!!

ipse
    Lay down and hold the card in your teeth - I am an expert at this

Back on topic - It just dawned on me of the double entendre with Pig Roast - course we don't want to bash collectively LEOs here, but it is open season on those who step into "it" of their own accord.

Skid is politely pointing out (ya I know) that he is thumbing his nose at those that would have thrown him under the bus AND more importantly saying a very big -Thank You- for those who stood strong with him. That ladies and gentlemen is a class act!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-28-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Calander marked, day saved, boss notified, and post-it notes all over to remind me.

;>)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Calendar marked (Even though it's two days after Bow season starts) BBQ Guns cleaned and loaded, camera batteries charged, and Zeus can stay home because he'll want the whole pig.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Calendar marked (Even though it's two days after Bow season starts) BBQ Guns cleaned and loaded, camera batteries charged, and Zeus can stay home because he'll want the whole pig.
    We may send some bones home. Pulled pork - long pork. All samey-same.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast