• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Save the date - Sunday Oct 5th

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Can't say much right now. Waiting for stars to align.

If the stars do align you will not want to miss what happens.

Watch this space for further details.

(Yes, I'm trying to build excitement for whatever it is if the stars align. If not, you can dump on me.)

stay safe.

PIG ROAST! Open/CC/No Carry Pig Roast! Sunday, Oct 5th - 1PM till dusk

--see post #6 for details--

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

First - the "Why" : mostly because I feel like it, but it's been in the back of my head as a way of saying "Thank You" ever since the Ferry Tale (Chapter One) ended.

Second - the "Where?" : http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ Dorey Park in Henrico County. Go get directions and suchlike for your GPS before everybody else wears them out. We will be at Shelters 4, 5, and 6.

Third : "Why Henrico? Aren't they anti-gun?" Why, yes. Grasshoper. You are beginning to understand. Be sure to see if I was able to pull off a coup with regards to that.

Fourth : "Will this be worth my time travelling all the way from __?" : Roast whole hog for approximately the first 100 folks to get plates. Beef ribs in case any of you infidels do not eat pork. The usual sides and drinks. And all at no charge - except for Grapeshot who will get to participate for free.

Bring things to amuse yourselves from 1PM till somewhere between 4PM and 5PM when the pigs should be ready. Check the website http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ for stuff they have there you can use to distract yourself/get into trouble with till the food is ready.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - both ears, the tail, and the snout are reserved. Those among you who are feeling upset about that can talk to me the day of the event about having them auctioned off, with the proceeds going to one of the gun rights organizations.

Other Important Stuff : While the wearing of BBQ Guns is highly encouraged, remember that they can only be admired while properly holstered. Clothing with pro-gun rights insignia/statements are encouraged. However, statements encouraging violence, disobedience of the law, the "F" word, or outright insults to any group or occupational field are unwelcome*. If you think your clothing might be offensive it probably is so bring something to cover it up/change into.

Have I missed anything - except that I'm looking forward to seeing a whole lot of you there?

stay safe.

* - my pig roast, my rules. Which means it's going to have to be outright seditious to get censored. Merely tacky is the problem of the wearer.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Now someone wants to know if they can bring their pet.

If it's allowed in the park rules and you clean up after it I don't see why not. I will draw the line, however, at lizards and snakes and spiders.

stay safe.

The Truth

Ah over in my neck of the woods! If I'm off work I'll look forward to hearing the tale of your username and its origin, haha, and of course seeing a few familiars hopefully!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
To bump the main event

First - the "Why" : mostly because I feel like it, but it's been in the back of my head as a way of saying "Thank You" ever since the Ferry Tale (Chapter One) ended.

Second - the "Where?" : http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ Dorey Park in Henrico County. Go get directions and suchlike for your GPS before everybody else wears them out. We will be at Shelters 4, 5, and 6.

Third : "Why Henrico? Aren't they anti-gun?" Why, yes. Grasshoper. You are beginning to understand. Be sure to see if I was able to pull off a coup with regards to that.

Fourth : "Will this be worth my time travelling all the way from __?" : Roast whole hog for approximately the first 100 folks to get plates. Beef ribs in case any of you infidels do not eat pork. The usual sides and drinks. And all at no charge - except for Grapeshot who will get to participate for free.

Bring things to amuse yourselves from 1PM till somewhere between 4PM and 5PM when the pigs should be ready. Check the website http://henrico.us/rec/places/dorey/ for stuff they have there you can use to distract yourself/get into trouble with till the food is ready.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - both ears, the tail, and the snout are reserved. Those among you who are feeling upset about that can talk to me the day of the event about having them auctioned off, with the proceeds going to one of the gun rights organizations.

Other Important Stuff : While the wearing of BBQ Guns is highly encouraged, remember that they can only be admired while properly holstered. Clothing with pro-gun rights insignia/statements are encouraged. However, statements encouraging violence, disobedience of the law, the "F" word, or outright insults to any group or occupational field are unwelcome*. If you think your clothing might be offensive it probably is so bring something to cover it up/change into.

Have I missed anything - except that I'm looking forward to seeing a whole lot of you there?

stay safe.

* - my pig roast, my rules. Which means it's going to have to be outright seditious to get censored. Merely tacky is the problem of the wearer.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Looking forward to it.

We'll bring dominoes and Fluxx cards. If you don't know Fluxx, remember -- draw one, play one. Fewer rules than gun safety!

The Wolfhound

adding to my already full calendar

I can bring the "Wee Beastie" and the "Polar Bear" if I tire them out first. If I did not tire them out first, the smoker and the furniture could get knocked over.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I can bring the "Wee Beastie" and the "Polar Bear" if I tire them out first. If I did not tire them out first, the smoker and the furniture could get knocked over.
Indeed they would be giants amongst men. Hook them to the front bumper of your vehicle and save gasoline :D