• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Brown unarmed shooting in Ferguson, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC for ME

Brown's actual death should really not have been the point at all, until there is a determination as to whether the use of deadly force was justified or not. His death is the emotional hook that brings it to the fore.
No arguments from me. Wilson jumping straight to deadly force is what concerns me because it is increasingly the first option for many cops.

The Truth

BS.

Next time you desire me to edit out references to something you said, do not expect me to agree.

First of all, posting private message contents is against forum rules. Admin has been notified.

I misspoke about the edit, and meant post #650 which is the post in question. #655 is obviously the one that I already said I edited.
There is no edit timestamp on post #650. It's impossible to lie about an edit because it tells you when you edit. You're more than welcome to check for a timestamp. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Also, scumbag move posting the private message. Says a lot about your character.

Last edited:

wrightme

First of all, posting private message contents is against forum rules. Admin has been notified.

I misspoke about the edit, and meant post #650 which is the post in question. #655 is obviously the one that I already said I edited.There is no edit timestamp on post #650. It's impossible to lie about an edit because it tells you when you edit. You're more than welcome to check for a timestamp. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Also, scumbag move posting the private message. Says a lot about your character.

Once you post your words, you own them. If they are not correct, you are responsible for the error.

wrightme

I still believe Wilson intended to kill Brown, not apprehend him. Agree to disagree I guess.

Yes, it is clear that you hold that belief. The question is, why do you believe that?

When a person believes more in an intent where none is stated, instead of judging based upon the facts in existence, they have moved away from a logical position into an emotional position. This is exactly what has been driving the protests in Ferguson; an emotional response instead of a logical one.

wrightme

I didn't state my goal, I stated what I thought was the goal of Wilson, hence the statement, "So if you shoot someone in the head your intent is not to kill? HAHA. Yeah right!" Just want to clarify that.

I misspoke about the edit, and meant post #650 which is the post in question. #655 is obviously the one that I already said I edited.
There is no edit timestamp on post #650. It's impossible to lie about an edit because it tells you when you edit. You're more than welcome to check for a timestamp. Again, sorry for the confusion.

QFTR

So if you shoot someone in the head your intent is not to kill? HAHA. Yeah right!

@wrightme I'm growing tired of the same chat about this. I've maintained the same if not identical opinion on this throughout, and outside of some super secret unknown evidence my opinion will not change.

No offense, but your arguments in the past have been painful and laborious to read (with WalkingWolf and others) and this thread is really no different. It's too tedious to have to explain the intent of every single word to someone who really can't argue anything but semantics. My opinion is very simple. Take it or leave it. If I didn't explicitly state something as my opinion, it is not my opinion no matter how hard you attempt to attribute certain meanings to my thoughts on these matters.

Note the two red highlights. The part I replied about, AND the part you responded as clarification, are from post 655.

The Truth

Once you post your words, you own them. If they are not correct, you are responsible for the error.

So what's your point? You just want to continue this crap today? No thanks, I've already wasted enough time addressing your drivel. I don't have any desire to chat with someone who sees something that isn't there, and makes private comments public due to a personal vendetta. For the record, you reached out to me as to which posts I wished for you to edit and why, and I gave you the post (#655) and reasoning. I wasn't going to take it any further than a public suggestion so don't even pretend that I was the one who reached out to you via PM.

As for me stating I didn't edit post #655 instead of #650 which is what I meant (since that was the initial post regarding intent), get over it. It's not that big of a deal, and if you're going to judge my character based on a error in a post I made right before bed then there's no hope for this discussion as far as you are concerned.

solus

another opportunity to chuckle out loud...thanks WW!!

i filed this thread under "W" oh about 650 posts ago...

coriolis effect down the olde drain...

ipse

Last edited:

wrightme

So what's your point? You just want to continue this crap today? No thanks, I've already wasted enough time addressing your drivel. I don't have any desire to chat with someone who sees something that isn't there, and makes private comments public due to a personal vendetta. For the record, you reached out to me as to which posts I wished for you to edit and why, and I gave you the post (#655) and reasoning. I wasn't going to take it any further than a public suggestion so don't even pretend that I was the one who reached out to you via PM.
Where did that come from?

The Truth said:
As for me stating I didn't edit post #655 instead of #650 which is what I meant (since that was the initial post regarding intent), get over it. It's not that big of a deal, and if you're going to judge my character based on a error in a post I made right before bed then there's no hope for this discussion as far as you are concerned.

lol, I am 'over it.' :rolleyes:

It appears you are not.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gentlemen you have succeeded in letting personality, ad hominem references override any benefit from this thread - multiple train wrecks on several tracks.

When comments are made, please address only the salient facts, not your opinion of another posters intelligence or other perceived attributes.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.