• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Brown unarmed shooting in Ferguson, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Truth

One could argue that not all mentally ill people should be executed either. I guess a bullet is cheaper than prison, but both are less effective than maybe some help.

Kinda reminds me of the undercover cop who got that kid with autism to sell him weed. Jesse Snodgrass. No one is off limits to police injustice.

Primus

One could argue that not all mentally ill people should be executed either. I guess a bullet is cheaper than prison, but both are less effective than maybe some help.

Kinda reminds me of the undercover cop who got that kid with autism to sell him weed. Jesse Snodgrass. No one is off limits to police injustice.

Who's mentally I'll? I've never hears if being a d-bag as a medical condition. I mean yea its definitely genetic but haven't seen it as a diagnosis.

And there's that "execution" word again. Are you a gun grabber or something? Love the inflammatory false words.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Toymaker

In this case the guy went into the store twice, taking something each time and leaving without paying. When confronted by the store clerk he walked to the door and tossed both items into the lot. This guy may or may not have been beyond help but he was determined to get the police there to do him in.

You can't blame the police for this. The guy came at them with a knife and he was obviously not right upstairs. Would a taser have stopped him? It may or it may not but the officers can't take that chance especially with a crazy guy who can close distance very quickly with that knife.

Too often the police are left to clean up the mess because we as a society don't care enough to solve the problem before it's gotten out of hand..

The Truth

In this case the guy went into the store twice, taking something each time and leaving without paying. When confronted by the store clerk he walked to the door and tossed both items into the lot. This guy may or may not have been beyond help but he was determined to get the police there to do him in.

You can't blame the police for this. The guy came at them with a knife and he was obviously not right upstairs. Would a taser have stopped him? It may or it may not but the officers can't take that chance especially with a crazy guy who can close distance very quickly with that knife.

Too often the police are left to clean up the mess because we as a society don't care enough to solve the problem before it's gotten out of hand..

I agree, I'm just feeding the troll.

Edit: I agree to an extent. Seems like it's a little excessive to fill a guy full of holes who is clearly troubled and only carrying a knife. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to shoot the guy in the lower leg then disarm him. Hell, they disable gaw dern tigers with a little dart gun with some tranqs! A tiger is way bigger than Mackle Brayown!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We do not feed trolls here. We ignore or report them as need be.

We also do not use inflammatory words solely for their shock value. We deal in facts as they become known.

All should occasionally review the Forum Rules

This very public forum is widely read by the media, antis, legislators, grandmothers, pastors, etc. It is not a good ol' boys smoker club where anything might go.

Primus

Edit: I agree to an extent. Seems like it's a little excessive to fill a guy full of holes who is clearly troubled and only carrying a knife. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to shoot the guy in the lower leg then disarm him. Hell, they disable gaw dern tigers with a little dart gun with some tranqs! A tiger is way bigger than Mackle Brayown!

Lmao.. Lol

He just said shoot him in the leg.... Then disarm him...

Epic.

I'd bet some money you dont even own guns.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not all African Americans in that area are anti-Cop.

Hardly any are, just like whites, Asians, Latinos, etc .. what we all are is "pro-freedom so cops don't abuse us"...

I just had a cop ask me questions .. when I refused to answer he started getting all mad ... I told him to calm down and that we are in America...we don't have to answer their questions.

And that the 1st amendment with respect to airing grievances is a one way street .. people can complain about gov't & its employees but the 1st amendment has nothing to do with gov't employees complaining about citizens - the 1st amendment does not cover government speech against its citizens.

The Truth

No moderation or even mention to the post calling a deceased mentally ill person a diseased d-bag though. Noted that those are not inflammatory words for shock value but execution is.

What am I missing here?

"Execution is where state authorities kill someone for having committed an extremely serious crime, usually treason or especially terrible murders."

from Wikipedia http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution

"noun
the act or process of executing.
the state or fact of being executed.
the infliction of capital punishment or, formerly, of any legal punishment.
the process of performing a judgment or sentence of a court:
The judge stayed execution of the sentence pending appeal.
a mode or style of performance; technical skill, as in music:
The pianist's execution of the sonata was consummate.
effective, usually destructive action, or the result attained by it (usually preceded by do):
The grenades did rapid execution."

from dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/execution?s=t

If anything it defines legal punishment, so how is it an exaggeration?

solus

i am truly disappointed in your exacerbation of the stigma towards those who suffer from mental illness and your perception of an archaic and draconian methodology of the treatment (really execution?) of those suffering from the myriad of disorders, we so conveniently call mental illness.

ipse

The Truth

i am truly disappointed in your exacerbation of the stigma towards those who suffer from mental illness and your perception of an archaic and draconian methodology of the treatment (really execution?) of those suffering from the myriad of disorders, we so conveniently call mental illness.

ipse

Yeah, I suppose I should applaud their efforts in putting him out of his misery. +1 for another diseased d-bag off the street!

EMNofSeattle

Commonly called a black eye...

Funny no bruising in the photo of him surrounded by the chief and other cops. And only a few days after the incident. My he heals fast.

Wow, everything you initially said was found out to be wrong and you're still not smart enough to wait until the rest of the story comes out, good thing you're not Paul Harvey.....

wimwag

Wow, everything you initially said was found out to be wrong and you're still not smart enough to wait until the rest of the story comes out, good thing you're not Paul Harvey.....

He's good for a laugh. That's about it.

Primus

Yeah, I suppose I should applaud their efforts in putting him out of his misery. +1 for another diseased d-bag off the street!

You evil statist. Where is your compassion for the deceased? He was a troubled youth. Now you goad over his dead body.

OC for ME

If ya bring a knife to a gun fight and the other party is the cops, it is well advised to drop the knife, heck, the cops even gave him multiple chances. Ya get inside striking distance, before getting ventilated, simply means the cops really did not want to shoot you. Nearly all cops don't want to shoot anyone, ever. Especially cops in the STL area these days. Good on those cops for displaying more restraint than I would have likely displayed.

Hardly any are, just like whites, Asians, Latinos, etc .. what we all are is "pro-freedom so cops don't abuse us"...
It is technically "whitey" not whites.

wittmeba

Who's mentally I'll? I've never hears if being a d-bag as a medical condition. I mean yea its definitely genetic but haven't seen it as a diagnosis.

And there's that "execution" word again. Are you a gun grabber or something? Love the inflammatory false words.

Post #102 indicates Brown was mentally challenged.

Primus

Post #102 indicates Brown was mentally challenged.

Indicates someone read somewhere something that a "family member" might have said probably as an excuse for his actions.

Again... Stupidity isn't a mental disorder.

WalkingWolf

Indicates someone read somewhere something that a "family member" might have said probably as an excuse for his actions.

Again... Stupidity isn't a mental disorder.

Yea that excuse is no good, and it did not work for the officer that just got his 20 month sentence overturned because it was too light.

The Truth

The media articles today are pretty nutty. Some say "autopsy supports Police's story" some say "autopsy supports witnesses." I read a headline that uses a quote from a radio station saying "Dorian Johnson admits Brown attacked, officer won't be charged" but doesn't say when or how he attacked, and it's unconfirmed so I don't know why they would print it. Same with that radio call in "witness" the other day which contradicts the Chief of Police's statements regarding the awareness of Wilson to the robbery. The store owner never even called the cops. Then I see this video. I think it's safe to say that SHHTF in the media frenzy.

WalkingWolf

The media articles today are pretty nutty. Some say "autopsy supports Police's story" some say "autopsy supports witnesses." I read a headline that uses a quote from a radio station saying "Dorian Johnson admits Brown attacked, officer won't be charged" but doesn't say when or how he attacked, and it's unconfirmed so I don't know why they would print it. Same with that radio call in "witness" the other day which contradicts the Chief of Police's statements regarding the awareness of Wilson to the robbery. The store owner never even called the cops. Then I see this video. I think it's safe to say that SHHTF in the media frenzy.

The media seems to always be on the frantic edge, trying to beat out the other media sources. Some initial reports turn out to be mistaken, a person has to try to pick through the mumble jumble and make rational common sense of it. Then there is the evidence that is clear and cannot be disputed either way which is what I try to base my opinions on. When I find a case interesting I search for those bits of evidence in the forest. There is one on the cell phone video, Wilson is not receiving medical treatment for a fractured skull. Cell phone images are grainy, so he may have had visible injuries, but I could not see them on that video and cannot understand why he was not receiving medical treatment and allowed to be in the crime scene.

There is plenty for DOJ to investigate, IMO he should be treated no different than George Zimmerman. If he is innocent he will be acquitted at trial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.