• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Brown unarmed shooting in Ferguson, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC for ME

That's next up: requiring departments to release these videos upon FOIA or similar request.

First let's make the cameras mandatory, and preserving the footage too.

IMO.
When you have a agency investigating their own, what could go wrong. :rolleyes:

As is the case of the STLPD shooting the cops were way out in front to show the public that the shoot was obviously justified. Some things just make ya wanna say "hmmm."

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
When you have a agency investigating their own, what could go wrong. :rolleyes:

As is the case of the STLPD shooting the cops were way out in front to show the public that the shoot was obviously justified. Some things just make ya wanna say "hmmm."

Yup. The citizenry can't be expected to trust police investigating their own.

FBrinson

Can we just get a cop-hater section added to the forums and let all the cop-haters hang out there?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Can we just get a cop-hater section added to the forums and let all the cop-haters hang out there?

Sure once cops demilitarize, show restraint of the use of force, stop wiping their buts with the constitution, start being interested in justice, stop testilying. More importantly the people stop apologizing for their bad behaviors.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think the subject of excessive force is perfectly relevant? What the heck?

The thread is in and about a Missouri incident, not NC, Oregon, or Germany.

There are already forums/sites for that - see no need to duplicate.

I am neither a hater nor an apologist - just don't want to be targeted by anyone.

J_dazzle23

I actually can't figure out why there is no media coverage of the kid killed in slc, other than it can't be a race issue. The funny thing is that the kid originally had the cops called on him as he was supposedly waving a gun around.....turns out it was a slimjim. Also interesting that the news report said they had him surrounded, so if he was reaching for a weapon logically one of them would have been able to Identify it as such.

The Truth

The thread is in and about a Missouri incident, not NC, Oregon, or Germany.

It should be noted that this thread was moved to its current subforum by you. I wanted all different types of discussion on the subject which is why I had it in a different, less specific subforum. I remember thinking to myself when it got moved that it was likely a tactical move, and it appears that I am right.

I am neither a hater nor an apologist - just don't want to be targeted by anyone.

Yeah, me neither.

countryclubjoe

That's next up: requiring departments to release these videos upon FOIA or similar request.

First let's make the cameras mandatory, and preserving the footage too.

IMO.

I totally concur. The police and the citizen will be protected... It's a No Brainer.

Regards

CCJ

countryclubjoe

For those that support Brown please answer this question.

If Brown had been shot and killed inside the patrol car would you still demand an indictment for murder for the officer?

Yes, if Mr.Brown was handcuffed in the vehicle and shot to dead.

CCJ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It should be noted that this thread was moved to its current subforum by you. I wanted all different types of discussion on the subject which is why I had it in a different, less specific subforum. I remember thinking to myself when it got moved that it was likely a tactical move, and it appears that I am right.
Threads are typically limited in scope intentionally to keep them specific (yes that includes state considerations) and not to provide an unrestricted platform. Cohesive discussion is desirable.

Insofar as "all different type of discussion," "all" might well beyond the parameters of OCDO and the Ferguson horse continues to be well beaten.

"Tactical move" - is there some game perceived here?

WalkingWolf

For those that support Brown please answer this question.

If Brown had been shot and killed inside the patrol car would you still demand an indictment for murder for the officer?

I don't believe anybody has "support Brown". But much to apologists disdain many want honest answers, and accountability. Does being disgusted that a North Carolina state trooper was raping undocumented alien/Hispanic women mean that illegal immigration is supported? Should that same trooper be indicted because the rapes took place in his patrol car?

It took me some time to try to understand what you were trying to accomplish with that post. Mostly what I get out of it is~~~because it was a cop doing the shooting it had to be justified.

Last edited:

OC for ME

I actually can't figure out why there is no media coverage of the kid killed in slc, other than it can't be a race issue. The funny thing is that the kid originally had the cops called on him as he was supposedly waving a gun around.....turns out it was a slimjim. Also interesting that the news report said they had him surrounded, so if he was reaching for a weapon logically one of them would have been able to Identify it as such.
There is a geographical component involved. Some may refer to it as "high crime area" though it does not appear that Ferguson can be legitimately described as a high crime area. But, cops use that descriptor all the time to justify iffy stops and the courts have backed them up on the claimed justification.

The issue is that we do not know cuz no video of the event exists. The STLPD had video of the event, bystander video, and as such ambiguity is minimized. I suspect that no video of the Brown incident exists because cops likely interact with the locals on a routine basis, driving by and a quick "hey, get outta the road" and as such "why record what happens every day"...nothing interesting to record, no?

solus

is there something about today's newly found audio recording, abet as yet unverified, that alleges 10 gun shots were heard o/a the time of the brown's death that precludes it being discussed out on this thread?

ipse

Status
Not open for further replies.