Thread: Newport News area, anyone?

Newport News area, anyone?

I've open carried at innumerable locations and businesses here around the Patrick Henry Mall, minus the mall itself, with absolutely no complaints, and no stops or questions from NNPD. I am curious, however, if anyone here knows if City Center at Oyster Point has a local statute(similar to PTC-Hampton) prohibiting the carry of firearms. This is another one of those "Don't want to find out the hard way" circumstances. Also, has anyone tried OC-ing in the Target here? I've read the thread about Target from June, but no one explicitly stated they had open carried. Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Be careful and research the city law. NN has some strange laws; on knives for one thing.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Moved this to the Virginia sub-forum.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Welcome. Newport News comes under Hampton Roads section http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Hampton-Roads. A number of people carry in the area. I'm not familiar with City Center at Oyster Point. Also look for open carry get together in Hampton Roads and come out to meat like minded people. I have been to a few, but living on the Eastern Shore I can't get over very often.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Quote Originally Posted by dcdean6388 View Post
    I am curious, however, if anyone here knows if City Center at Oyster Point has a local statute(similar to PTC-Hampton) prohibiting the carry of firearms.
    Peninsula Town Center is a local authority set up by the City of Hampton, using local bonds to finance construction The PTC is preempted from having any rule or law prohibiting open carry.

The propbem is that wile most of the roads, the 2 parks, the parking garage and most of the parking lots belong to the authority, there are some roads and parking lots (Target for example) that are not owned by the PTC.

This was a big issue after PTC opened. I worked with the Manager and their lawyers. They had removed their signs and informed their security that OC was legal.

I haven't been there in a few years. Have they re-posted signs and/or hassled OC people again?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Here is a link to the 2010 PTC Thread:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Peninsula+Town
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776